PDA

View Full Version : DL lost child ID tags? Do they have them or make your own?

ima_mickeyfan
05-17-2005, 07:29 AM
this year, dh and I are going to try something new. We are taking our 4 children with us and going to split up during the day. he will take the 2 older boys, 8&10, I will have the 2 girls ages 4. I am totally paranoid that I may loose a daughter in the crowds since she is a straggler. Does disney have id tags that you can put your name and cell # on it and clip to lanyard for the just in case, or do I need to make them? Does Disneyland have a lost child area that they take the kids to or do we need to make City Hall our official place of meeting?

OR--------- Raise your hand if you think I am over parranoid? (sp?), I know someone here will correct my spelling on that word if it's wrong! lol
:|

socaltexan02
05-17-2005, 07:38 AM
I don't know of them selling anything like that at the park. (That doesn't mean they don't, though.) I would do a search online, I've seen sites that make ID tags that are relatively inexpensive. I don't think you're paranoid. I have a 3 yr. old and a 10 mo. old...my 3 yr. old is very active and adventurous!

sdfilmcritic
05-17-2005, 07:42 AM
I've seen a machine at Wal-Mart (and some other stores as well) that personalize metal identification tags with your personalized contact information. The tags are commonly used for luggage and pet tags, but I'm sure you can get a little creative with making a necklace or braclet from the tags for your children to wear.

MammaSilva
05-17-2005, 07:44 AM
I know that the majority of us make some form of ID tag at home, here are a few ideas, typing the information ... name, your cell hubbys cell and folding it into a fast past holder, the problem there is that the fastpass holder is removable for a 4 year old, other people use a marker and write their cell numbers on their childrens arm then tell the kids to show that to a CM if they get seperated, others buy a Guest of Honor badge and use a sharpie to write the information on the back of that. Personally if I were that concerned I'd go buy inexpensive ID bracelets for the girls and have them engraved with my/hubbys cell numbers on the inside with the girls names on the front like any other normal ID bracelet and then tell the girls to show their pretty bracelets to the CM's if they lose you. Someone else can correct me here but for some reason I don't think Disney has lost children, there are lost parents ;) and I am not sure if City Hall is the lost Parent station but City Hall can direct you to where you'd need to be.

justlittleoldme
05-17-2005, 08:34 AM
We have the namebadges they sell at the park with their name on it, and we have my cell number written on the back of all of the badges. The CM at the stand by the main street bank usually has a black sharpie there if you need to borrow it. The new 50th name tags are black on the back, so you may want to get a different color sticky or bring a sticker to put on the back to write on (though I did see the white backed princess ones still). I would worry about a lanyard, it would be easy to take off and loose.

And no, I don't think you are paranoid. We are at the park every week, and I still make them wear nametags, even my 10 yr old SD wears one too. I figure if they get lost, they all have the number, with area code, just in case they are panicing, or hurt, or whatever may happen. Besides, you know if you do a tag, they really wont get lost!

bradk
05-17-2005, 08:47 AM
and then there's the other suggestion i recall seeing which is just taking a ballpoint or whatever and branding your child's arm with the cell phone #. guess the argument being it's a lot easier to lose a tag or whatever id than it is their arm.

munchkinsmom0003
05-17-2005, 03:48 PM
this year, dh and I are going to try something new. We are taking our 4 children with us and going to split up during the day. he will take the 2 older boys, 8&10, I will have the 2 girls ages 4. I am totally paranoid that I may loose a daughter in the crowds since she is a straggler. Does disney have id tags that you can put your name and cell # on it and clip to lanyard for the just in case, or do I need to make them? Does Disneyland have a lost child area that they take the kids to or do we need to make City Hall our official place of meeting?

OR--------- Raise your hand if you think I am over parranoid? (sp?), I know someone here will correct my spelling on that word if it's wrong! lol
:|

No, I don't think you're paranoid at all and I can totally understand your concern. I have two children ages 2 and 4 and like you, I get worried about one of them getting lost in a large crowd.

I had posted about these in another PITP thread, but here's what we use for id tags:

Kidtagz Link (http://www.kidtagz.com)

Both my DH and my cell numbers as well as our home number are written on the tag. For my DD we also wrote that she has a peanut allergy.

This tag is wonderful! It's small, doesn't come off easily and also can't be read unless you open the tab to the tag. We have the tag on all our children's shoes and never remove them. It's lightweight enough that my kids don't even notice that they're on.

Hope that helps!