PDA

View Full Version : Rumor Patrol

TDBearGrrl
05-13-2005, 12:01 PM
I have heard that on July 17th AP's and other 'regular' tickets will be no good and we will have to purchase special tickets to get into the park that day. Is this true? I know there is a special merchandise event and tickets for that, but is there going to be a special ticket for admission?

Disney Dyke

T&Rshep
05-13-2005, 12:22 PM
When I booked my july 17th vacation with WDC they told us that no passes or anything would be accepted that day. You have to buy a separate ticket. It's because they expect to reach maximum capacity and will have to turn people away.

Arnie
05-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Most AP's are blacked out that day, I think Premium are the only ones that get in. The others can buy a special day pass at a rate cheaper than a normal one day pass. Cast Members probably don't get sign in privliges for that day or even most of the summer. Any regular ticket should be able to get you in on the 17th. If they where doing a special admission ticket I would hope that they would have announced it by now as many have booked vacations already and purchased multi-day tickets to get in before, on, and after the 17th.

Disneynut1955
05-13-2005, 12:53 PM
I would assume that Premium Annual Passholders are admitted due to the fact that we were given a discount on the 50th event if you had a premium pass and did not need to use the one day Disneyland passport for entry. This is unconfirmed, but would make sense if true.

PumbaaMan
05-13-2005, 02:30 PM
I asked this question when my neice got her AP and the folks at the AP center said that only passholders that would be able to enter the park would be Premium pass holders. All others would be albe to buy the passholder blackout day ticket. i hope they don't change their minds.

mystycalchyk
05-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I asked this question when my neice got her AP and the folks at the AP center said that only passholders that would be able to enter the park would be Premium pass holders.

I am so glad. I would be so annoyed if I was told I had to buy another pass. The premum AP is plenty expensive enough!

Disney Vault
05-13-2005, 04:05 PM
How much is the premium pass? And does it not have any black outs?

P94501
05-13-2005, 04:08 PM
How much is the premium pass? And does it not have any black outs?

It is $ 339.00 with no black out dates except may 4 th this year. If I am correct.

Disney Vault
05-13-2005, 04:09 PM
It is $ 339.00 with no black out dates except may 4 th this year. If I am correct.
I really don't think that $339 is very much then. Being able to go to DL 365 days a year should be at least $500 imo.

Earkid
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
I really don't think that $339 is very much then. Being able to go to DL 365 days a year should be at least $500 imo. :eek: That's like saying I don't pay enough taxes!!!

mystycalchyk
05-13-2005, 04:14 PM
I really don't think that $339 is very much then. Being able to go to DL 365 days a year should be at least $500 imo.

I guess if one gets to go that often than yes, it is a bargain. However for us the only reason we bought a premium pass is simply becasue there are no blocked out days, since usually the only time we go is during the week between Christmas and New Years.

This year being a weird year that we get to go more than that one time. But normally thats it. So forking out $660 bucks a year (for the two of us) right at Christmastime is tough. Tis why we had to split it up this year. I only just got mine so that it was more 1/2 way through the year.

Disney Vault
05-13-2005, 04:56 PM
:eek: That's like saying I don't pay enough taxes!!!
But taxes aren't fun. DL is worth so much more.

mcow1
05-13-2005, 06:11 PM
Ssshh, don't tell them that. They've already raised the prices immensely in the last two years. I have to buy four of them, geez.

Disney Vault
05-13-2005, 09:39 PM
This is getting off topic but now I am interested. Did the price for an AP go up a lot when they built DCA?

Disneyfun
05-14-2005, 07:25 AM
I had no idea the 17th was a black our day! I am so use to the summers yu have sundays avaiabl I just assumed. Well luckily my mom and grandmother just upgraded thier tickets. BUt I will have to pay for my duaghters. SOOOO does any one know what time the ticket offices or guest services will open. I wanted to get ther early and get in right away. Now we will have to wait to get her ticket. :(

sriggins
05-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Currently on the disney site, Premiums still have every day open:

"Available for all Guests, this Passport provides unlimited enjoyment of adventures and attractions (except arcades) during regular operating hours every day of the year."

The deluxe is blacked out on the 17th.

MammaSilva
05-14-2005, 07:50 AM
ticket booths open an hour before the earliest (read Disneyland) park opening ....so if DL is listed to open at 8am on the 17th then the ticket booths will open at 7am, the rotten part of black out passes is they can only be purchased THAT day, you can't go on saturday and get it early for sunday :(

bradk
05-14-2005, 08:24 AM
my personal advice for any AP holder being blocked out on July 17 is to forget the idea of paying $30 for the pass and just splurge for the $53 one day/park ticket instead which you can get anytime before that so you don't have to deal with lines for both the ticket booth and then to get in.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
05-14-2005, 08:35 AM
my personal advice for any AP holder being blocked out on July 17 is to forget the idea of paying $30 for the pass and just splurge for the $53 one day/park ticket instead which you can get anytime before that so you don't have to deal with lines for both the ticket booth and then to get in.

We have deluxe and won't be there on July 17th anyway, May 5th was enough for me. But I was just going to make this exact suggestion. If I was going that day, I would pay the extra $23 and have my ticket in hand, then I wouldn't have to stand in more than one line.

EandCDad
05-14-2005, 08:42 AM
This is getting off topic but now I am interested. Did the price for an AP go up a lot when they built DCA?

It's sorta a long story but the jist of it is that it briefly went up, then it went down to the price that was charged for just a Disneyland AP. Since then, they have slowly been ratcheting it up. Again, that's just a summary that leaves out a few steps.

TDBearGrrl
05-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Thank you all for your answers. I have a Premium Pass (its all that disposable income) so it seems as though I have no worries. We already have our suite at the DLH booked so it would have really sucked to be on property and not be able to get into the park that day. How early is anyone camping out at the gates?

mzloolue
05-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Hey DD,

I'm glad to see you back!

TDBearGrrl
05-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey DD,

I'm glad to see you back!

Thanks mzloolue, its great to be back. Now if only I can get paid for the amount of time I spend here...