PDA

View Full Version : Famous talent at the DLR

tikiboy
01-19-2002, 08:31 PM
After watching the Disneyland DVD, I realize that back in the 60's 70's, Disneyland had a lot of real name talent come in and play.
Why can't the resort pull some talent in today? I'm not talking B. Spears or N'sync, even though they do owe part of their success to Disney.

But being more realistic, since DCA plays Bob Seger's music, why not invite him in to play a concert on a stage in the middle of the Paradise pier lagoon? He's a name, but it's not like he's selling out arenas now. And instead of bringing people like him in during the summer when the park is busy already, bring him in on a Tuesday in March. They could also bring in the Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, and other popular, but not too popular acts. What better way to boost up attendance?

Rallymonkey23
01-19-2002, 09:23 PM
Personally, after The Power Of Blast leaves(BOOOO) I would not mind Disney bringing a group that I saw @ Disneyland last summer in Tomorrowland at the Buzz Lightyear stage. The name of the group is called Barrage. Some of you might have seen the show. They played violins and danced around and stuff. Simply awesome! It had the same affect on me as Blast did/does, I gotta see at least 2 shows per visit. And I rushed to buy the DVD.

Nigel2
01-19-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Personally, after The Power Of Blast leaves(BOOOO)

Ohhhh I hope you broguht your cup and flame proof gear (ducks and hides):D

But remember odds are the big names they got were there only for the TV shows, it wasn't like they shot it on a random night and they just happend to be there.

But they use to do a concert series (teeny boper one hit wonders) at DLR and WDW, but they havent done those in a while.

tabacco
01-20-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
I would not mind Disney bringing a group that I saw @ Disneyland last summer in Tomorrowland at the Buzz Lightyear stage. The name of the group is called Barrage.

YES!

PirateoftheCaribbean
01-21-2002, 08:22 AM
I agree. It would be a good boost. Remember on the old Walt Disney specials? They used to have The Osmonds and other big names there all the time. One time, they even had Louis Armstrong there. I think he was a friend of Walt's. I guess it's different nowadays, since Eisner probably doesn't have many friends:p .