PDA

View Full Version : How do Tough To Be A Bug's effects work?

JoeCanadian
01-19-2002, 06:06 PM
Don't read if you don't want to know what happens in the show:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some pretty cool effects in this show, maybe someone could explain how they worked.

1. The bee stings. I'm pretty sure it's just something popping out of the back of the bench, but couldn't find any holes right behind me.

2. Towards the end of the show when the bugs crawl under your you. Oddest one of all. The bottom of the benches looked normal!

socabch
01-19-2002, 06:27 PM
Your right about the bee stings. I found a hole in the back right where it hit me. It's hard to see but you can feel it. Kind of like a small knot hole of a tree.

I can't figure out the bugs exiting either :confused:

Rallymonkey23
01-19-2002, 06:57 PM
The next time you go see the show. Push down on the bench with your fingers. They are hard rubber-like. So I'm guessing that they have like little steal balls or something like that on rollers or something. After you feel the bench. You will know what I'm talking about.

LIMANDL4EVA
01-19-2002, 07:51 PM
during the fog scene, sit in the front row, on the far right, closest to hopper, the second time the fog come at you, it is amazing, there is SO much of it being that there is a machine right in front of you, it is seriously like a freight train coiming STRAIGHT AT you and then it covers you and you cannot see an inch in front of you, its really neat:D

HBTiggerFan
01-19-2002, 07:54 PM
theres a little hole in the back of the bench for the sting, and a little groove I think for the exiting

jake99
01-19-2002, 07:56 PM
im think the bugs exiting at the end is like a plastic tube that they pump water through

tabacco
01-19-2002, 07:59 PM
The "bug spray" that fills the theater is the result of hot steam and liquid nitrogen mixing. There are 2 huge tanks of liquid nitrogen behind the theater.

LIMANDL4EVA
01-19-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by jake99
im think the bugs exiting at the end is like a plastic tube that they pump water through
there are actually several 'rolliing pins' if you will in each row, and they roll back and forth, pushing the plastic tihngs up through the seat, that is why certain sections of the row get the effect at one time, because the 'rolling pin' is rolling back and forth

Nigel2
01-19-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by tabacco
The "bug spray" that fills the theater is the result of hot steam and liquid nitrogen mixing. There are 2 huge tanks of liquid nitrogen behind the theater.

Hmmmmmmmm, it does feel warm I think (can't remember its been a while) but now I just want to play with Liqid Nirtogen again. It is so much fun, just pour some on the table or floor it hovers:D, not brave enough to do hold a tiny amount in my mouth though. I know its "safe" since it can't actually touch you but afer a student got a DA nom for it I don't know...:eek: