PDA

View Full Version : End of April ?

disneymania
04-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah, lots of questions :D . So, my husband and I are going on a little trip April 27-30th. I thought this would be a very slow time, after spring break and right before the 50th. But I could'nt book a room at any of the Disney hotels, and alot of the other hotels nearby were selling out (I booked the Anabella yesturday). So, what's up? Any ideas helpfull. Thanks!!!!!!!!

DangerMouse
04-03-2005, 03:48 PM
My best guess is that everyone else on the planet had the same idea as you (I know, I did), thus we are gonna have some heavier crowds during that week.

Also, there are people who are taking last minute advantage of the two-fer specials that were offered in Southern CA and the adults-for-kids prices and kids-play-free hoppers that are only offered through April 28.

So, don't count on an empty park that week. It won't be as bad as prime Spring Break, but it ain't gonna be what we hoped for either!

I'm counting on ridemax to salvage our DLR stay and help us beat the crowds.

bradk
04-03-2005, 03:49 PM
ridemax now goes up to april 30th. i've only experimented with my DCA schedule, but so far it's looking just as busy as every other day in april, if not a little moreso.

DangerMouse
04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey Brad, how does ridemax indicate how busy they expect the parks to be? Can you just tell based on estimated wait times? And where do they get that information from? Thanks!

bradk
04-03-2005, 03:55 PM
it's statistical data. most of it is based on previous years, but it's also adjusted based on current trends.

the wait times are part of it, but i can tell because of how many attractions i can fit in to my scheduled time. like in february, i can schedule much more per day than in april.

I Heart Disneyland!
04-03-2005, 03:56 PM
I'll be there then too! We had the same idea. We're going April 30 - May 9. Hoping the first few days we can have a good time and have plenty of space. The 5th we pretty much plan to sit and people watch!