PDA

View Full Version : Best Transpo from LAX?

denise
01-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Hey all!

I was just wondering if you had any opinion on the best way to get from LAX to the Best Western Park Place Inn (right at the crosswalk to Disneyland). We have two children 4, and 6. Do you recommend the van, the bus or taxi? (or anything else?) We've been considering the taxi, but do you have any suggestions about car and booster seats? Would we have to bring ours on the plane? Also, do you have any idea of cost? I read somewhere that it would be about $75 USD, but I don't know if that's accurate...

Thanks for any input!

TraceyMcF
01-18-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi Denise -
I am staying there too, in a couple of weeks, and we're going with Airport Bus - it's $107 US round-trip for our family of 5 (kids 13, 9 and 7). I looked into several choices, and that's the cheapest - it's a big Greyhound-type bus, so you get your own seat (we've done it before). Just go to their website (www.airportbus.com/lax.htm) and you'll get the fares/schedules. I emailed the company, and they said you get on the bus, and the first stop is Disneyland Hotel where you pay, and credit card is fine. The only drawback is that you have to just ride until they get to your hotel (you might get lucky and it'll be thei first stop, or not!). Another choice is SuperShuttle (www.supershuttle.com), which has smaller vans, but you pay more. Our kids are out of carseats, so I can't help you with that one - phone your airline.

HTH!
Tracey

splashmtngurl
01-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Airport bus is great, it is easy you just walk out to the curb, it is marked where to go to catch a bus when you see the DL bus hop on and let the driver do the work. The Bus is a lot cheaper than a taxi or airport shuttle. We have done it twice with little ones, the carseat was an issue for us then. Now our kids are older and we enjoy the flexibility of a car to get groceries, go other places etc. We also know the way and feel comfortable with the drive, it really isnt too bad with maps from expedia. Good luck :)

kisroo
01-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Hi Denise,
I've said it before and I'll say it again, so here it goes:

Why pay close to $100 for a BUS when you can get a towncar (or limo) instead??? :D

Try www.limos.com to get a quote. Seriously, getting a towncar or sometimes even a limo is more economical than paying for a family of 5 on SuperShuttle or Airport Bus. Plus, they will help you with car seats, luggage, pick you up/drop you off at curbside, and often provide some refreshments to boot!

You can also check out the review section here at MousePlanet for other transportation suggestions. I know that Sheila was working on getting some of that up and going a while back.

And for the answer to any other important DLR travel questions, you can always refer to sediment's signature line. ;)

Have a wonderful trip!
~kisroo:)

disneyhound
01-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I would take a shuttle van over the Airport Bus. The difference in cost is minimal, and you get to your hotel quicker. We took the bus from LAX a couple years ago, they stop just off the freeway, at their terminal, and do the money collection thing. I remember sitting in the bus, across from DL for 15 minutes or so, while the lady went up and down the isle collecting money. Some people wanted to pay with a credit card!

Then, we ended up being nearly the last stop, so we rode that bus another 20 minutes stopping at all these other hotels. They stop at the hotels on DL side of the road first, then go to downtown disney, finally back to those across the road from DL.

The next year, we asked to be dropped off at the bus stop at DL main gate. Then we walked across the street to our hotel, much quicker.

If you take a van, they stop at two or three hotels total. The driver handles all the fair collection. Much quicker, much better, from LAX or SNA.

TimBuk2
01-22-2005, 04:54 PM
AIRPORTBUS for sure. They go ever hour on the hour, and is a good value. $16 each way. Not bad, considering most of the other shuttles might be $35 each.

www.airportbus.com (http://www.airportbus.com)

sediment
01-22-2005, 08:53 PM
#1 on "The" FAQ list.

jon80flt
01-22-2005, 09:17 PM
Just a quick note on the carseat .... In California, the law says that a child does NOT need a carseat if he/she is 6 years old OR 60 lbs.

Technically, you would only need to hassle with one carseat, not two!

Have a great trip! :fez:

TimBuk2
01-23-2005, 05:37 AM
Just a quick note on the carseat .... In California, the law says that a child does NOT need a carseat if he/she is 6 years old OR 60 lbs.

Technically, you would only need to hassle with one carseat, not two!

Have a great trip! :fez:

I always knew it to be 4 yrs or 40 lbs - Did they change that law?

etixnostalgia
01-23-2005, 07:09 AM
I always knew it to be 4 yrs or 40 lbs - Did they change that law?

Yes, 6/60 was instituted in 2002.

TraceyMcF
01-24-2005, 03:37 PM
I went to www.limos.com, and got several quotes. They ranged from $95 US to $134 US for my family of five, ONE WAY. That price does not include tip. We can take AirportBus for $107 ROUND TRIP.

No question how we are getting from airport to hotel!!