View Full Version : Next new Attraction ?
11-02-2001, 08:07 AM
Surprised all of you guys missed the most obvious theme for a new attraction - the Matterhorn (or some other European mountain like Mont Blanc or Kitzbuhl or ......)
Look at the benefits:
(1) Europeans are nuts about winter sports (why not? a large portion of the countries there are in the snow belt ....)
(2) Could add a whole complex of attractions around single theme: bobsled ride (best if you had two versions - one without loop or corkscrew and other with); gondola ride (goes up the side of the mountain to observation deck and/or restaurant); shops;
(3) Could export the technology (in various states) to other parks in Hong Kong (would think Asians would love this one!) and maybe to World Showcase in WDW
One other really far-fetched possibility - use new trackless bobsled technology now in use at a couple of parks over here!
11-03-2001, 07:33 AM
.......uh okay.......just where are you gonna put it ?
There's no room in Fantasyland unless you remove a ride.
11-03-2001, 10:31 AM
sorry if that sounded kinda b!tchy.
I too thought that the Matterhorn would be a good idea but since Ian said there's no room in fantasyland, it probably won't happen.
11-04-2001, 02:31 AM
No space in Fantasyland? well lets see;
1. there's that huge hole between Pizzeria bella notte and l auberge de cendrilion (where the Beauty & the Beast show was supposed to fit
2. There's that immensly huge area infront of Bella notte, where the little mermaid ride was supposed to go, that is only ussed as an overflow Fantasyland-discoveryland road (exactly the same area where tokyo got their toontown by the way)
3. there's that humongous area (behind the overflow walkl way) where they put a big tent for inpark-conventions, which has always been talked about as a possible new land (someone posted a link to an aerial forto of the area on the board)
...no space in Fantasyland?...they have toons of space...
the truth is that all Disney resorts are getting a Pooh ride in Fantasyland (er...Critter Country 4 DL) by 2004 and Toontown has been shifted to the WDS from DLP park.....
11-04-2001, 07:30 AM
why pooh ?
11-04-2001, 07:55 AM
try checking out Fab's article in october on laughingplace.com, the dlp-guidebbok or DLP today...its practically a confirmed rumor..plus..trust me onn this..pooh is coming to all resortos!
11-08-2001, 05:54 PM
Pooh seems like it is exactly the kind of "franchise" ride that Disney can place in all of its parks:
1. Easy to build
2. Appeals to all age groups, in particular those at the low and high end of the age spectrum who can share the experience
3. Fits nicely into each Disney park's theming (either Fantasyland or Critter Country)
4. Provides great pull for Pooh merchandise
A marketeers (mouse-ka-market-teers?) dream .......
11-08-2001, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by coronamouseman
A marketeers dream .......
Marketeer.....okay, I just learned a new Disney term.
03-16-2007, 09:53 AM
:fez: I heard they r gettin a ride called pride mountain in adventureland, dont belive the dik head who said he desighned it. Its a real desighn its in the proposal stage, I wud personnaly rather see this than splash mountain, these type of attraction r makin paris unique.
03-16-2007, 09:57 AM
Moderator's note: This thread is six years old (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8493). Please start a new thread for this topic.