PDA

View Full Version : Stand In One Place

dlandnut
12-08-2004, 08:49 AM
I want to go to Disneyland and stand in one place and see as much as I can see by slowly turning around. Sounds corny, I know. I think most people would say that the logical choice would be Sleeping Beauty's Castle, but I'm not so sure. So, maybe the thread should be if I were to stand in one place in each "land" (i.e., Fantasyland, etc.), where would you stand (assuming that you're not blocking where other people walk). I want to stand in that spot, slowly do a turn around, and see as much as I can. Any suggestions? :)

Osky
12-08-2004, 09:13 AM
Maybe on the bridge in front of PotC.

Duane
12-08-2004, 09:25 AM
I would sneak and climb to the top of the Matterhorn, this should give you the best view!

CoasterChickie
12-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Go on the Mark twain Riverboat, stand at the bow, and turn in circles as the boat goes around the island. Be sure to yell I'm the King of the world [or DL] at least once! :D

Emma
12-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Tarzan's Treehouse (the top)

Stupid_American
12-08-2004, 10:52 AM
The Main Street Depot is a pretty good vantage point for lots of DL and DCA..

bluepearl
12-08-2004, 11:19 AM
It's not really a stand-in-one-place area, but I really like the quick view you get at the top of ToT. I remember reading about how DCA's ToT was supposed to have a bad view, but if I remember correctly, MGM's ToT overlooks a parking lot. :| But I digress... without a point. ;)

olegc
12-08-2004, 11:28 AM
OK - you asked for each land. I am assuming you're trying to do some sort of panoramic 30 degree view of everything in each land. problem is that many lands are not square or oval or whatever, so it's difficult.

Main Street - stand at flag pole opposite from train station.
HUb - well, in the middle... this way you will get astro orbiter, Tiki Room, and a bit of Buzz Lightyear. You won;t get Ariel's grotto here or in Fantasyland. Too covered.
Fantasyland - gets tricky - since I think the best place is right at the entrance to Dumbo. You can look west towards Frontierland and pick up Casey Jr and Village Haus, Carrousel, Most of the dark rides (except maybe Pinnichio), canal boats, and teacups - plus some matterhorn. You won't get alice or small world.. So
Parade Esplanade - lets you get front of Small World, Matterhorn, alice, teacups, some of canal boats.
Toontown - i would stand on the opposite side of the gas station - but since it's built like a narrow rectangle you may have issues.
Frontierland - right in front of the Pretzel cart next to the Mark Twain docs (although you would not get the petting zoo). This will let you get Shootin' Exposition, front gate, BTMRR entrance, good shot of Golden Horseshoe.
NOS - about 20 yards before the Tom Sawyer raft dock. You will get a mix of Frontierland and NOS - but that happens in this part of the lands. You won't get the shops on the back end.
Critter Country - right between entrance and exit for Pooh. Let's you get Splash, pooh, shops, and part of Hungry bear - and maybe even the canoes (I know, they are listed for Frontierland - but that's called banishment in my book ;-) ).
Tomorrow land - well, since it's like the letter J I would think somewhere in front of INnoventions near Club Buzz stage. You'll get Astro Orbiter in the Hub shot - so from here you should be able to get Monorail, subs, autopia, red rockets, space mountain, HISTA, and shops.

kbanmen
12-08-2004, 11:46 AM
I have done this..I just sit in front on the castle..on a bench..so relaxing and I love to people watch :)