PDA

View Full Version : Transportation question from LAX

char_m73
12-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi all!

I have organized a party of 8 (4 adults, 2-12 yr olds, and 2-8 yr olds)coming in on 2 different airlines to 2 different terminals at the same time on jan 10. What is the best way to get to DL? Shuttle or Airport bus?

magicpointeshoe
12-08-2004, 06:53 AM
Hi all!

I have organized a party of 8 (4 adults, 2-12 yr olds, and 2-8 yr olds)coming in on 2 different airlines to 2 different terminals at the same time on jan 10. What is the best way to get to DL? Shuttle or Airport bus?

That's a lot of people. Depending on where you are staying (if they charge for parking) it's likely that renting a van might be cheaper.

char_m73
12-08-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks, we were really hoping to not rent though since none of us wants to drive and we will be staying in the resort area the whole time....

Shellybells82
12-08-2004, 11:16 AM
We used "Super Shuttle" this summer going to LAX from the resort. We were surprised how quick it was getting to the airport and their fares were fairly low. Perhaps your party could all meet at the shuttle services. HTH.

CrazyTrain
12-08-2004, 12:25 PM
The two shuttle services that serve LAX areSuper Shuttle (http://www.supershuttle.com/) and Prime Time Shuttle (http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/). Both go to Disney and I believe that you can "rent" out each one so only your group rides. Both sites will give you a price quote.

There is also the Airport Bus (http://www.airportbus.com/) that goes to Disneyland - I don't know anything about its service or if it'd be easier to use w/kids.

Good luck! :)

sediment
12-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Get a large limosine.

With a shuittle, even with eight people you might have to stop three more times along the way. And that's before you leave LAX.
You get your name on a placard, and someone helps with the luggage. Yeah, someone has to wait while the other is getting loaded. But you can keep in communication via cell phones.

DisneylandForever
12-08-2004, 02:19 PM
See that Sedi? If you stopped trying so hard to actually be funny, you'd notice all of your grammatical errors. ;)

I haven't taken the Super Shuttle in a while, but I think they lower the price per person the more people they get. But with 8 people and luggage you might need 2, and that might not get you the lower rate. I would call them for a price quote.

The airport bus is what I usually take. It's like 16 bucks one-way, and 25 round trip. They run every hour on the hour (I think), and they make several stops throughout the Disneyland area. The "depot" is located right across the street from HoJo's. The Super Shuttle sounds like it would be a bit faster, but if it were me I'd find out their prices first.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-08-2004, 03:00 PM
I've used the Super Shuttle as well and it was very reasonably priced and got us to and from the DL area in a pretty quick amount of time.

Darkbeer
12-08-2004, 03:11 PM
FYI, the Airport Bus depot has moved.... The old property is owned by HoJo's, and was needed for other reasons... The Airport Bus has moved back to the Disneyland Hotel as the Depot.

Stupid_American
12-08-2004, 04:17 PM
Your group would fill a van, so you'll ride non-stop to DL (45 mins ~ 1 hour).
Call Super Shuttle, 800-258-3826, to see how to arrange the 2 terminal pick up.

sediment
12-08-2004, 04:30 PM
See that Sedi? If you stopped trying so hard to actually be funny, you'd notice all of your grammatical errors. ;)

I wasn't trying to be funny, and look what happens. From now on, only funny. I cannot guarantee the quality of the recipients' sense of humor, though.

I still think a limousine will be nice. I can't find any price lists.
OK, I found one: $77, plus $50 for a 10-passenger stretch. (I assume that the luggage will fit?) One way. Gee, that's a lot.

disneyhound
12-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Shuttle Van!

We have used both the Airport Bus and Super Shuttle. The Shuttle is slightly more expensive than the Bus, but you get to your Hotel much quicker!

DaddyB
12-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Historical question, so a little off topic... Didn't Disneyland used to have it's own Helipad for trips back and forth to the LA Airport?

char_m73
12-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Sediment.. recipients sense of humor well in tact......

Super Shuttl e works out to about the same price, I wonder if we can negotiate it down?

Osky
12-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Historical question, so a little off topic... Didn't Disneyland used to have it's own Helipad for trips back and forth to the LA Airport?
Yes, they did. However, the service was discontinued after several very bad accidents.