PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I think I like the castle now...

SoCalDude
10-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Went today (Monday the 18th), braved the rain - had a great time despite the facts my socks sloshed when I walked (going on Splash was prob not the best idea today). Anyway - point of story the upper half of the castle was unwrapped today and it looked very nice. I was afraid from the pre-pictures and the pictures of the turret that I was not going to like it.. but seeing the upper half of the castle in person set against the overcast sky it really did look nice. Sorry I do not have pics - I do not take my camera out in the rain.

So for now I am leaning on the "I like it" side for the castle :cool: But don't get me wrong, I still like the non-50th version better :eek:

The biggest 'doh of the day was forgetting to check out the new dishware! Oh well, will be back in about 2 weeks or so.

Mickeyslittlehelper
10-18-2004, 09:59 PM
From the picture I have seen I am actually impressed of what they have done to the castle. From the pictures i thought it would look really cheap, but i do like it.

DLRCM
10-18-2004, 10:11 PM
And to think, there're not even done yet! There are supposed to be little red flags on each other the top towers.

dbax
10-18-2004, 11:18 PM
I braved the rain at Disneyland this evening, and the castle is indeed looking great.

I had my camera with me but I didn't even think to take any photos of the newly revealed parts of the castle... Stupid me!

It should rain at Disneyland a bit more often (but not too often :p ) -- the lines were VERY short. We literally walked straight on to the screamin' coaster in California Adventure and pretty much everything else in both parks.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-18-2004, 11:26 PM
All this talk about being there TODAY (while I was at work, in Seattle) is making me so jealous! I love the photos that I've seen of the one unveiled area. Very cute! I didn't think I'd like it. I think the finished product will be very cool. :D

I Heart Disneyland!
10-18-2004, 11:28 PM
P.S.

Why is it so much more fun sounding to be braving the rain at DISNEYLAND than I did today in Seattle??? ;)

DisneylandForever
10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Why is it so much more fun sounding to be braving the rain at DISNEYLAND than I did today in Seattle??? ;)

Because when it rains in Disneyland it's kinda cool. When it rains in Seattle it's Tuesday.

figmentspark
10-19-2004, 02:28 PM
I saw the top of the castle last Wed (13th) and I think it looks nice. I'll be fine just as long as they don't attempt to make it a big cake like they did @ Disneyworld!

Disney Vault
10-19-2004, 02:53 PM
So for now I am leaning on the "I like it" side for the castle :cool: But don't get me wrong, I still like the non-50th version better :eek:
This is the non-50th version. They just repainted it. The 50th version will be here after christmas when they put the tarps back up.

CarlieB
10-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Because when it rains in Disneyland it's kinda cool. When it rains in Seattle it's Tuesday.
LOL! I love this!:D

itig
10-19-2004, 03:26 PM
This is the non-50th version. They just repainted it. The 50th version will be here after christmas when they put the tarps back up.

Do you know when the tarps will come down completely? We were just at DL two weeks ago and we're going back early December. Hoping to see the Christmas fireworks over the real deal instead of the 'boxy' version.

MrTomMorrow
10-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I saw the pictures of the top turrets of the Castle revealed, and it looks so beautiful! I can't wait to see the entire thing.

Especially with the dark clouds, the new paint and gold accents really stand out in a good way!

Disneyfreak
10-19-2004, 07:01 PM
I say that the castle should just remain as it is for the anniversary without the gaudy jewel idea that they have. If they do it I hope they are not so gaudy.

RickCountryman
10-19-2004, 07:12 PM
I braved the rain at Disneyland this evening, and the castle is indeed looking great.

I had my camera with me but I didn't even think to take any photos of the newly revealed parts of the castle... Stupid me!

It should rain at Disneyland a bit more often (but not too often :p ) -- the lines were VERY short. We literally walked straight on to the screamin' coaster in California Adventure and pretty much everything else in both parks.

I drove over yesterday morning and got an AP that I had gotten the night before to avoid the price increase.

I love Disneyland in the rain simply because over here in PHX it hardly ever rains like it does on the coast. It's usually short and in the form of a monsoon, something you really can't enjoy while outdoors. I have to admit it though, Disneyland in the rain is just special.

Rick

Disney Vault
10-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Do you know when the tarps will come down completely? We were just at DL two weeks ago and we're going back early December. Hoping to see the Christmas fireworks over the real deal instead of the 'boxy' version.
The tarps will be down in time for your December trip. They will be coming down toward the end of November.

itig
10-20-2004, 03:10 PM
The tarps will be down in time for your December trip. They will be coming down toward the end of November.

That's great news! Thank you very much! :)