PDA

View Full Version : Longest wait?

Pages : [1] 2

Mermaid
10-17-2004, 01:52 PM
What is the longest wait you have done at a Disney park? I remember when Star Tours and Splash opened and there were ridiculous wait times, but my parents wouldn't do it! I think mine would have to be Indy in it's first year. Three hours, but the line was so geatly themed it wasn't that bad!

sleepyjeff
10-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Splash Mountain 1989....mid August and over 95 degrees in the shade.......Two Hours and ten minutes. :eek:

Photo Center for Santa Pics December 2000........Two Hours and forty minutes.......If you add the original wait for Santa earlier that day, the total wait time was three hours and fifty five minutes. :(

SallySkellington
10-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Since my mom can't stand lines, the longest line I've been in was 30 min.

I Heart Disneyland!
10-17-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh my gosh! My kids and I once stood in line 3 HOURS (Yes, I am ashamed!) for the Rocket Rods. It was a great ride, but, sure not worth that type of wait. It was our last night at DL, and we were determined to get on them before leaving to end our vacation. I guess I am glad we did it, or else we wouldn't have ever had a ride on it since it closed so fast! :D

GrumpyUTboi
10-17-2004, 02:52 PM
378 days is my longest wait and the time seems to be crawling the last 7 days before we get to DL!

SoCalDude
10-17-2004, 03:17 PM
the last weekend of the electric main streep parade we waitined in line forever on everything we did - but the one that sticks out is over two hours to see the Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore characters. If my son did not LOVE them there would be no way we would have done it...

sleepyjeff
10-17-2004, 03:35 PM
378 days is my longest wait and the time seems to be crawling the last 7 days before we get to DL!

LOL........My longest wait in between Disney visits: 62 months :eek: Of course visits to Great America and Expo 86 in between made it somewhat bearable ;)

AVP
10-17-2004, 03:57 PM
Space Mountain.
Opening Day.
Line started at the Main Street train station.

AVP

HorizonsA
10-17-2004, 07:41 PM
The longest I've waited for an attraction was almost two and half hours for Rocket Rods.

There are a lot of attractions that I have limits on.
Splash Mountain-45 minutes
Matterhorn-Only if it does not go completly around the Mountain
Small World-Only if the line starts where the entrance is and no furthur
Haunted Mansion-30 minutes
Indiana Jones-There's pretty much no line anymore
Star Tours-15 minutes
Space Mountain-60 minutes
Thunder Mountain-45 minutes
Pirates-20 minutes

Everything at DCA-30 minutes/With exception of Tower of Terror and Soarin'-45 minutes

CarlieB
10-17-2004, 07:45 PM
We waited about 45 minutes once for Indy - I'm pretty sure that's the longest for me.

Earkid
10-17-2004, 07:46 PM
For me, Soarin' is a Fastpass ride or not at all.

Pilot Mickey
10-17-2004, 07:58 PM
i don't know if it counts but last febuary we waited for around 4 or 5 hours for fantasmic! at the river belle terance. But when rocket rods were still open we waited for around two or three hours, because it was broke down, and its a good thing we waited because that was the last chance i would get to ride it, but anyways we waited in the criclevision( i believe that is what it was called) for about three-fourths of that wait time, and when we finally rode it the park was closed so i don't believe it was as exciting. :crying:

Disneyland2004
10-17-2004, 08:18 PM
one time me and my friend got into an argument over which ride oeverall was the most popular ride at disneyland and it was between Splash Mountain and The Matterhorn. well after awhile i just emailed the DLR and they said that for wait times Splash is more popular but people wise Matterhorn. myself i was the Matterhorn fan and always thought that the Matterhorn was Disneylands most popular ride year-round. anyone agree or disagree? post your comments i want to know from more people what is the most popular ride at disneyland?

sleepyjeff
10-17-2004, 08:30 PM
I would think the Disneyland Rail Road would be the most popular if you are going by number of riders per day.

Pirate Girl
10-17-2004, 08:45 PM
3 hours 47 minutes for Indy.
2 hours some odd minutes for Splash

Other than those, I only ride when the lines are shorter. It makes it really easy to pick the next ride...whatever has the shortest wait!

Pirate Girl
10-17-2004, 08:49 PM
myself i was the Matterhorn fan and always thought that the Matterhorn was Disneylands most popular ride year-round. anyone agree or disagree? post your comments i want to know from more people what is the most popular ride at disneyland?

I almost never ride the Matterhorn unless my knees are acting up and I am using a SAP. Does anyone know why they haven't put a fastpass program on the Matterhorn?

myron61090
10-18-2004, 06:57 AM
besides the 2 hour 45 minute wait on rocket rods (which i htink is a given) i think its my 2.5 hour wait for indy OR my 2.5 hour wait for autopia OR my 2.5 hour wait for space OR my 2.5000001 hour wait for peter pan

AliciasMom
10-18-2004, 07:34 AM
2.5 hours for Space Mountain..... luckily I was with friends who were entertainers so we were never bored in line.

bubsy
10-18-2004, 08:46 AM
2.5 hours Rocket Rods, opening weekend.

I got hit in the face by a bug and my seat belt came unfastened.
That's the only time I went on that.

DISNEYloon
10-18-2004, 09:07 AM
I am orginally from Southern California.......but my parent still took us to Disneyland on a Saturday in the MIDDLE OF AUGUST.......geez, we waited a Ridiculous 2.5 hours for POTC!!

It was a day that I heard my FAVORITE Duke from the "Dukes of Hazzard" was playing at Disneyland, John Schneider. Geez it MUST have been 1981 or so?? (I just googled it, yes it was 1981)
That was a great 'day' trip, even though that place was the packed i'd ever seen it and we only went on like 2 or 3 rides.

sediment
10-18-2004, 09:36 AM
I almost never ride the Matterhorn unless my knees are acting up and I am using a SAP. Does anyone know why they haven't put a fastpass program on the Matterhorn?
FastPass on Matterhorn = the right side facing the entrance.

I recall going to DL after Indy opened, there was a long line. We walked right by, knowing that there would be another day when it wasn't so long.

DisGalKtG
10-18-2004, 10:52 AM
On my first trip to WDW when I was two (in '86) my wonderful Disney partner in crime, Grandma, stood in line for two hours to take me on Dumbo. Shes the same awesome grams that ran across MGM to make it to the Little Mermaid show with me... and that was last year!! :D We are just two big kids

Corwin17
10-18-2004, 10:53 AM
For me ... first summer Splash Mountain was open, but it wasn't in a single sitting ... er .. .standing.

I wasn't an AP then, was a day guest on a Saturday in August (wasn't my choice, but the group's). Splash, being the new ride, was constantly having maintenance problems. So, get in line, wait an hour, break down. CMs say it's going to be awhile, go somewhere else (in a nice voice, though :D). We'd go away, check back, stand inline again. (Lather. Rinse. Repeat.) On the 4th cycle, we made inside the building queue, beyond the doors, and this time the CMs gave us back-door passes, which, despite the odds of it being operational before park-close, we choose for Splash.

When we finally got on, our cummulative wait time .... 6+ hours! :eek:

MammaSilva
10-18-2004, 11:20 AM
Longest wait for me......5 hours in front of Guest Services waiting to buy tickets for Fantasmic Desert Balcony (back in the days when you could ONLY buy the tickets same day) when the seating was limited to a max of 16 per show and we needed 30 of the 32 seats available that day! Park closed at 1:00am, I went back to the hotel, showered, changed, grabed a folding stool, a flashlight and a bodice ripper novel, some snacks and off I went to camp out. The most amazing part of this story....I was first in line but ONLY by a matter of moments, a father/daughter team showed up with cards, cusions and backpacks! We played cards til 7am when the booth opened that morning. We were gracious enough to warn anyone else that came up and a LOT Of folks did, that we were going to be buying out both shows between the three of us.

mystycalchyk
10-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Longest I ever waited was 3 hours for Rocket Rods. Stinking ride kept breaking down. By the time we finally got to ride it the park was already closed so all the stuff we got to ride 'though' was empty vacant-land. What a bummer. I rode it once after that. Not worth the wait IMO