PDA

View Full Version : Experts, how busy do you think it will be on...

Melaniee
10-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Monday and/or Tuesday, December 15th & 16th? Would it compare to say a July weekday, or much less like a November weekday?

TIA

Darkbeer
10-06-2004, 10:39 PM
^My calendar shows Decemebr 15th 2004 as being on a Wednesday...

The PEAK season for the Holidays is Friday December 17th thru Sunday January 2nd. Now the next week, Jan. 3-9 will be busier as normal, since the LA School district will have 3 weeks of winter vacation.

The first half of December is fairly quiet during the week, in fact, the first week of December has Disneyland closing at 6 PM on a couple fo days for CM parties. Weekends seem to be busy as local AP holders like to come check out the park with all the extra decorations.

shawnarae
10-07-2004, 06:17 AM
What about the crowds on Saturday Oct 30th? I was thinking it might be busy with Friday the 29th being a school Holiday for Nevada (Nevada Day) & Halloween the following day.

How are the crowds currently on Saturdays? Compared to July or Aug's summer crowds? Thanks!

sdfilmcritic
10-07-2004, 06:23 AM
A school holiday in Nevada shouldn't effect a theme park in California. But besides this point I should say October 30 will be dead for Disneyland and alive for Knott's Berry Farm. (Or is it the other way around?) When I went to DLR last year at the end of October and beginning of November the park was very manageable. Just make sure you have a comfortable jacket or sweatshirt for possible light to medium showers or a cool weather around the fifties or sixties. The most difficulty you should have this fall at DLR is ride refurbs.

itig
10-07-2004, 06:54 AM
I just saw your post regarding the early closures the first week of December due to CM parties. Do you happen to know which days they will close at 6PM? I'll be there with my family and would like to plan accordingly.

Thanks!

Melaniee
10-07-2004, 07:35 AM
^My calendar shows Decemebr 15th 2004 as being on a Wednesday...

<snipped>.

The first half of December is fairly quiet during the week, in fact, the first week of December has Disneyland closing at 6 PM on a couple fo days for CM parties. Weekends seem to be busy as local AP holders like to come check out the park with all the extra decorations.

LOL...I'm probably wrong on my dates...the hubby took the hole week anyway, so we're thinking earlier in to avoid crowds. Thanks for the info!

Darkbeer
10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
^ Heck, I can't spell December.....:fez:

Melaniee
10-07-2004, 12:35 PM
I shouldn't be typing that late at night, either. I even spelled 'whole' wrong. Ugh... :rolleyes:

missm
10-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I just saw your post regarding the early closures the first week of December due to CM parties. Do you happen to know which days they will close at 6PM? I'll be there with my family and would like to plan accordingly.

Thanks!

December 6 and 7

Earkid
10-07-2004, 03:48 PM
December 6 and 7

OOOO Thanks MissM. We are going the 8-11th. Whew, we just made it. :D

rentayenta
10-07-2004, 04:29 PM
A school holiday in Nevada shouldn't effect a theme park in California. But besides this point I should say October 30 will be dead for Disneyland and alive for Knott's Berry Farm. (Or is it the other way around?) When I went to DLR last year at the end of October and beginning of November the park was very manageable. Just make sure you have a comfortable jacket or sweatshirt for possible light to medium showers or a cool weather around the fifties or sixties. The most difficulty you should have this fall at DLR is ride refurbs.

Utah has UEA (Utah Education Association) and this year it is Oct. 27 and 28 and this is the time that alot of the folks here like to visit DL. I think nearby state *holidays* could effect the crowds.

itig
10-08-2004, 08:27 AM
December 6 and 7

Thank you very much!