PDA

View Full Version : A massive photo album from Monday, 10/4

Darkbeer
10-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Folks, there is lots in this album

Of course, photos of the construction of the pool, plus a look at the Jungle Cruise and the return of the Guns, the Pirates facade getting painted, Haunted Mansion Holiday, The Sailing Ship Columbia with most of its planks removed, the work at the Matterhorn area, and a peek at the new Air Gates, the Sub without bubbles, and the special route of the Parade of the Stars, plus much more...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/241793

Also, six quick shots of the pool set-up from Tuesday morning before the event started...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/242927

ENJOY!:fez:

Disney Vault
10-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks again!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-06-2004, 09:22 PM
You were a busy photographer! Those are great! THANKS!

The ones of building the pool were really neat. Amazing it was done so fast!

What is being refurbed in Toontown?

Darkbeer
10-06-2004, 09:55 PM
^ I found it interesting, as they just recently repainted the area, but it is the building between Roger Rabbit and the Gag Store.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Are they putting something new in there?
Is that the spot where they have the interactive stuff, sound boxes etc? I am trying to picture it.
We didn't get to do that last time and I was looking forward to it this trip.
Thanks again for the great shots!

oregontraveler
10-07-2004, 07:06 AM
WOW, alot of photos. Thanks so much. I'm much more excited for my next trip, Nov. 22-24. Also, first time for the holiday overlay. I just watched NBC to get in the mood. :)

scrapandi
10-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Thank you so much! I am going To DL in 23 days and I check out your pitures everyday to help make the wait a little easier. When I was a little girl my parents had to stop telling me when we were going to DL because I would get so excited that :p I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I feel like that little girl again! I can hardly stand it! Thanks again for the pictorial! :p

itig
10-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Really great pictures!

soooo....it looks like the entire park is under construction ;)

We're heading down from NorCal for a quick trip this weekend - does the massive construction and all the canvas scaffolding take away from the "magic"? I didn't realize the castle was going to be wrapped (the park appears to be attacked by that artist that wraps bridges and things...). Are they still doing the fireworks over the current boxy castle?

TikiGeek
10-07-2004, 07:21 AM
Thanks DB, we were wondering where they put Rod Miller during the Coke Corner refurb - page 24 photo 1 answered that question :)