PDA

View Full Version : I'm so HEEPY! Pinocchio ride! Or other fun memories!

I Heart Disneyland!
09-28-2004, 11:52 PM
I don't know if I am the only one who notices this, but, for years when we go through the Pinocchio ride, we wait to hear Geppetto say, "I'm so heepy" at the end. There are several scripts that he says at the end, when Pinocchio is sitting on the bed, and we will literally ride over and over until he says to Pinocchio, "I'm so heepy!" It's become a running joke between me and my kids and I even bought them both stuffed Geppetto dolls one Christmas! ;) I know there must be others out there who have similar fun memories!

foolish mortal
09-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Hee,hee, we like that ride too. We always call out "Pinoooochioooo!" with Geppetto. At the end our favorite line is "My little wooden head" We also always say hello to "Busty Betty" the well endowed wooden doll at the end of the ride. We think Geppetto is a little too lonely.

DISNEYloon
09-29-2004, 01:05 PM
great thread............speaking of that..........

anyone know the words on POTC as you are going down the FIRST waterfall?

.......i sooo miss Disneyland!

crinklebat
09-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Oh man, I have a story that will yank at the strongest heartstring.

So, when my friend L and I were in fourth grade, we had this one friend B whose family would take us to DL a lot. And B's family would always yell "I'll save you, Tiger Lily!" in the part of Peter Pan where she's drowning. Since we were on many of their trips, L and I started doing it too, just to fit in.

So we graduated elementary school and went on to middle school, and L and I went to the same school whereas B did not (she lived pretty far away from us). She had some family problems and became very reclusive--despite trying really hard, I didn't see her for most of middle school and all of high school. And, being a cool teenager, I also stopped going on Peter Pan...too long a line when you could be on Space Mountain, y'know?

So, flash forward to tenth grade, when L and I go to DL and get back on Peter Pan together. I had completely forgotten the Tiger Lily line by then. But when we moved into that scene, L and I both shouted it, almost instinctually...whoa. Our other friend in the ship with us was thoroughly confused and both our minds were blown by just how hardwired a ride tradition can become.

So, yeah, it was a really amazing demonstration about how many good memories a trip to DL can bring back when you least expect it. I wrote to B shortly afterward and told her the story and she started writing letters to me again.

splashmtngurl
09-29-2004, 03:14 PM
that is so cool. I never realised how a tradition could become sp programed in your mind. The only ride tradition my brother and i have is getting on matterhorn and screaming as loud as possible when we get to the abominable snowman. Dont know if you would consider that a tradition but...

DisneylandForever
09-29-2004, 03:22 PM
I don't know if I am the only one who notices this, but, for years when we go through the Pinocchio ride, we wait to hear Geppetto say, "I'm so heepy" at the end. There are several scripts that he says at the end, when Pinocchio is sitting on the bed

Speaking of which, does anybody know why at the end of the ride, Pinocchio is still made of wood? I mean, hello, didn't the imagineers see the movie? :p

I Heart Disneyland!
09-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Hee,hee, we like that ride too. We always call out "Pinoooochioooo!" with Geppetto. At the end our favorite line is "My little wooden head" We also always say hello to "Busty Betty" the well endowed wooden doll at the end of the ride. We think Geppetto is a little too lonely.

I love it! We also yell out, "Pinooooooooooochioooooooo" too!!! I'd not paid attention to "Busty Betty" but, I do think I know exactly what you're talking about. I will be checking next time I'm there!!! haha! Too funny!!! :p

I Heart Disneyland!
09-29-2004, 11:31 PM
does anybody know why at the end of the ride, Pinocchio is still made of wood? I mean, hello, didn't the imagineers see the movie? :p

HILARIOUS!!!!! I'd never even thought of that aspect!! haha! :p

tstan70
09-30-2004, 08:45 AM
great thread............speaking of that..........

anyone know the words on POTC as you are going down the FIRST waterfall?

.......i sooo miss Disneyland!

from www.tellnotales.com

"Psst! Avast there! It be too late to alter course, mateys... and there be plundering pirates lurking in every cove, waitin' to board. Sit closer together, and keep your ruddy hands inboard. That be the best way to repel boarders. And mark well me words, mateys... dead men tell no tales! Ye come seekin' adventure and salty ol' pirates, aye? Sure ye come to the proper place. But keep a weather eye open, mates, and hold on tight, with both hands if you please... there be squalls ahead, and Davey Jones waiting for them what don't obey..."

hope this helps

disneyperson
09-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Speaking of which, does anybody know why at the end of the ride, Pinocchio is still made of wood? I mean, hello, didn't the imagineers see the movie? :p
We always wondered about that too. I'm glad we aren't the only ones who noticed. Maybe the blue fairy lost her mojo.