PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see the last Fantasmic last night?

FantasmicFanatic
09-07-2004, 11:05 AM
Such a great crowd!! One smallish screw up (i'll let someone else tell ya what is is or you cna beg me to tell you...hehe), but such an amazing show. It's gonna be such a difficult 3 months. I can't find myself driving down there from L.A. just for the night without that pull (yes I actually drove 45 min there and back just for Fantasmic last night, although I was able to hit up DCA for the Elextrical and hop on Star Tours and Jungle Cruise :D
Well, just wondering who else cought it and is sharing in my F! withdrawls. And to all you haters out there, now you have your prescious calm and empty NOS at night.....whatever sorta thrill that brings ;)

Darkbeer
09-07-2004, 11:15 AM
I was there...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/214103

I noticed that only two "rafts" came out, and Ariel was missing during the "princess" scene... but she did make the finale...

After Fantasmic! went on Haunted Mansion and the Matterhorn, two things that will also be missed.....

I am off to the park, to take pictures of all the closed things.....:~D

cirquelover
09-07-2004, 02:37 PM
When will Fantasmic be back? We will be there in Nov and that is one of the reasons we were going!?!

SCUBAbe
09-07-2004, 04:16 PM
oh, it's over now. Thank god! How long will it be down for? Through december...I hope?

Getting around the fantasmic mayhem on our last trip was terrible!! We were going to watch it, because the kids wanted to ride more rides and I didn't feel like walking anymore. Well, the kids came back very tired so we wanted to go back to the room, but people were packing in for famtasmic. Ended up taking the train, but got into with other "guests" when they decided to start cutting in line after we had waited like 20 min. it sucked!

ChipmunkStar
09-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Don't know if anyone else noticed, but when King Louie's barge went across for the monkey scene, there were no spotlights on on the raft, only blacklights.

I'm assuming that since there were no spots actually on the raft, they just chose not to use it for the scene altogether. Though it was funny seeing Snow and Belle's barges haul it to make it out before the Queen's water mist scenes....

Fozzie
09-07-2004, 07:42 PM
I was there - I hadn't watched it before, so I thought I'd catch it before it went away for a while.

Overall, I thought it was really, really amazing! Sure, it's hard to navigate through the crowds and nearly impossible to nab a good place to sit - but it certainly didn't disappoint! :)

Wendi
09-07-2004, 09:29 PM
When will Fantasmic be back? We will be there in Nov and that is one of the reasons we were going!?!

Sailing Ship Columbia is in for extensive dry-dock refurb, Columbia & Fantasmic aren't scheduled to be back until mid December.

TP2000
09-08-2004, 02:08 AM

Fantasmic! is closed until December 18th, 2004.

You should check out Disneyland.com as they have a nifty trip planning thing that lets you see the hours of operation for each park, the planned entertainment offerings for each day, and the planned attraction closures. They keep it updated at least two or three months in advance.