PDA

View Full Version : Billy Hill?

disnymom
07-29-2004, 07:29 AM
does anyone know if billy hill will be performing the last week in sept?

Photographer
07-29-2004, 07:40 AM
From what I've heard, they play every day, year-round.

disnymom
07-29-2004, 07:42 AM
cool, thanks, they are the best

splashmtngurl
07-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Might i add that this show is super funny and i love it! heehee!

Pilot Mickey
07-29-2004, 11:58 PM
if you get the chance and get there early enough, sit in the box seats that are basicly on the stage, we did in June and i was laughing even more than when i sat down on the floor in Nov. :D

Billy Hill- "You see, because a Puddle is smaller than a River" :p

Photographer
07-30-2004, 07:31 AM
I love it when he does his rendition of "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees.

"We combine country and disco, we call it crisco."

mystycalchyk
07-30-2004, 09:56 AM
I love Billy Hill!!

We usually will take an entire afternoon just to watch them, from the performances out front to the show inside...we are geeks to the core. :geek:

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-30-2004, 01:07 PM
This is truly a funny show. Even after seeing it many times, it is on our must do list!

soccerlady16
07-30-2004, 03:07 PM
How often do they change their act? I think I've seen two.

JEFFJAGUAR
07-30-2004, 03:24 PM
I don't think their basic act ever varies...perhaps one or two songs are different but I really can't think of seeing much of a difference from one show to another.

Actually, they are very much misplaced in the Golden Horseshoe...they were very good when playing in Big Thunder Ranch (sigh) I remember watching them there while munching on delicious beef ribs and Big Thunder Barbecue.

The show at the Golden Horseshow should be a Western type show with a can can dancer much as they did for many many years.

Just another example of incompetent management that pervades the current management team.

Hakuna Makarla
07-30-2004, 03:49 PM
I hear so much about this show, but not where we can see it. Is it in disneyland or DCA ? and indoors or out? thanks :)

sediment
07-30-2004, 03:54 PM
For Karla:

Actually, they are very much misplaced in the Golden Horseshoe...
It's in Frontierland. Can't miss it.

TimBuk2
07-30-2004, 04:02 PM
I think they still have one performance a day outside of the showroom. Can anyone confirm this ?
:rolleyes:

TimBuk2
07-30-2004, 04:03 PM
I hear so much about this show, but not where we can see it. Is it in disneyland or DCA ? and indoors or out? thanks :)

It's across from where you board the Mark Twain or Columbia river boats. The Disneyland website should show the performance times for each day.

Photographer
07-31-2004, 05:01 AM

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies is at Disneyland. At the Golden Horseshoe (theater) in Frontierland. It's indoors. They serve hamburgers, chili fries and hotdogs if you want to eat. Get there at least 10 minutes early to find a seat or 20 minutes early to buy food and get a seat.

CoasterChickie
07-31-2004, 08:12 AM
^^^YEP^^^

And this is one of the least expensive places to eat in the park. You can get a hamburger, fries and soda for about $6.50 if I remember right.

The side show they do right in front of the Golden Horseshoe is really funny too. And there's a great little shop with western souvenirs right next door.
Also, Pluto sometimes shows up in this area in his western wear.

SCUBAbe
07-31-2004, 10:25 AM
I think they still have one performance a day outside of the showroom. Can anyone confirm this ?
:rolleyes:
yes, I've passed that area on my last three visits and they were outthere doing skits....talk about making a bottle neck to get through...*sigh*

TerryTiger
08-04-2004, 10:21 PM
yes, I've passed that area on my last three visits and they were outthere doing skits....talk about making a bottle neck to get through...*sigh*

The show outside in front of the Golden Horseshoe is a performance troupe called "The Laughing Stock". They also fill in occasionally inside the Golden Horseshoe with a show called "Frontierland: The Little Town That Could" when Billy Hill is on vacation (or otherwise unable to perform).

soccerlady16
08-05-2004, 02:51 PM

In Disneyland in Frontierland inside the Golden Horseshoe. It looks like a saloon, on the outside it has posters of some can-can girls.