PDA

View Full Version : Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour

MrJims
07-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Is it any good? Worth $49/person?

Also, anyone know when they are removing the tarps on Mainstreet?

Photographer
07-27-2004, 12:41 PM
The tour is good if you don't already know about Walt's apartments, the windows on Main Street. Basically if you're not a walking disneyland almanac, go on the tour. They give you lunch (drink, sandwich & dessert) and a special pin. If you show them your AAA card, you get a discount - I think it's 20% off.

Klutch
07-27-2004, 03:54 PM
I took the tour a couple of years ago. It was a good, informative, tour (although the guide had a few of his facts messed up). When I did it, I got two-for-one by using an AMEX card (no longer available). Personally, I do not think it would be worth $49 per person. The tour may be more elaborate since I took it.

As for tarps, I think you can expect many parts of Disneyland to be under tarps over the next year leading up the 50th anniversary. And it's a good thing, too! The park has been in very shabby shape.

CarlieB
07-27-2004, 04:11 PM
I understand some of the tarps will come down over the Holiday season and then go back up again in Jan/Feb...I'm pretty sure that's the case for the castle, for example.

mad4mky
07-28-2004, 08:48 AM
My husband and I took the tour a few years back. I can't say anything about it now, since they have upped the price and added more onto it...BUT...when we went...we both loved it.

We had a great guide. He was very informative...and knew the park well. My family goes to DL quite often (we hail from the SF Bay Area)...so I know the park fairly well. BUT...I learned a lot on this tour. A LOT. :)

My husband is not the world's biggest Disney fan...and he really enjoyed it as well.
I wouldn't reccommend taking kids on this though...as it is defintly not geared for them. Lots of walking...a guide talking...and not much a kid would be interested in.
There were several kids on our tour...and I wanted to say to the parents..."Why the heck did you bring them on this?" You can't blame the kids...they're bored. But, why subject the rest of the tour to their moaning and groaning??? :confused:

SCUBAbe
07-28-2004, 08:56 AM
my child has been on some pretty boring tours from age 5 on and she has never moaned, groaned whined or complained. Then again I didn't raise her to behave that way. Not everything in life is fun and exciting...kids need to learn to deal with it...

Niwel
07-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Not everything in life is fun and exciting...kids need to learn to deal with it...
At $49 a person they can deal with it later... :)

mjformenotyou
07-28-2004, 10:08 AM
my child has been on some pretty boring tours from age 5 on and she has never moaned, groaned whined or complained. Then again I didn't raise her to behave that way. Not everything in life is fun and exciting...kids need to learn to deal with it...

There's a difference, however, of going on a tour someplace where thats all there is to do, or being at Disneyland, and being on a tour and not being on: RIDES, SEEING CHARACTERS, EATING CHURROS, MAKING YOUR PARENTS BUY YOU OVERPRICED TOYS!!!!!

at least, thats probably how most children look at it. (Capital letters to increase the affect in which a little kid might say it, not to be "e-yelling")

lindsay

SCUBAbe
07-28-2004, 02:50 PM
We have never been on any tours at DL, but if we decided to she would not act up. I didn't raise her to. The most she has ever done is ask how long the tour is. I would explain that there would be plenty of time to do the rides later. KIds are to spoiled now a days. There are way to many screaming kids at the park whining because they aren't getting there way and parents bending over backwards to please them. There needs to be a balance. the world does not revolve around just me or my child. We both know that and sometimes do things we don't like becasue we know the other person will like it. Oh, but I forget that goes against modern parenting....just do what it takes to keep the kid quiet...even if it means the kid is annoying those around them and pulling beads of the NOS area.

Wendi
07-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Well, the Disney site says the tour is not recommended for youngchildren... I definitely wouldn't subject my two-year old to it... or myself (having to deal with a cranky Max). No way!!!

My brother is planning on taking this tour when he goes with us in November... I'll make sure he gives a full report, I'm sure he'll have a lot of details to share!!!

Charles
08-02-2004, 04:41 AM
Not everything in life is fun and exciting...kids need to learn to deal with it...

:eek: At DISNEYLAND!?!?!?! Everything there is SUPPOSED to be fun and exciting. That's the whole point... isn't it? Otherwise, why go? ;)

Charles

danyoung
08-02-2004, 05:18 AM
We have never been on any tours at DL, but if we decided to she would not act up. I didn't raise her to.

While it's admirable that you have one of the few well trained kids left on the planet, I still think it's a valid point that this tour is not that interesting for kids, unless they're a Disney geek like I was (still am!). It's not coddling to take your child's interests into consideration, and maybe find out about an event before taking the whole family.

dlandnut
08-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Quote: My husband is not the world's biggest Disney fan...and he really enjoyed it as well.
I wouldn't reccommend taking kids on this though...as it is defintly not geared for them. Lots of walking...a guide talking...and not much a kid would be interested in. (end quote)

:rolleyes: Is the tour accessible to someone in a wheelchair? i.e., your message says "lots of walking".