PDA

View Full Version : Attractions you'd add/subtract if you had the power?

Pages : [1] 2

sighlent faeri
07-26-2004, 09:57 PM
if you could add or subtract any attractions to disneyland or dca, what would they be?
disneyland-
id love to see something related to cinderella and beauty and the beast
get rid of winnie and put the country bears back up
some sort of little theater showing old disney movies
a new parade
some mickey mouse club show or walk-through

dca-
a lilo and stitch ride
some sort of goofy attraction for the people that cant get into the bounce house
a finding nemo ride
a walk through haunted house relating to all the disney villians
i think some kind of rescuers thing would work good down there.

missm
07-26-2004, 10:12 PM
I totally agree about getting pooh out of there and bringing back the country bears. It's not a ride but I wish they would bring back the variety show at Golden Horshoe. I loved that show when I was a kid.

Pilot Mickey
07-26-2004, 11:49 PM
like i said in another post i think they need another show in DCA, and get rid of the starcade in tommorowland, i spoke my peace i'll be gone now :fez:

disneygeek87
07-27-2004, 12:12 AM
I just want to see something be put in the empty sub lagoon. I loved the subs.

rentayenta
07-27-2004, 01:06 AM
I'd bring the subs back. When I was a kid my dad and I would ride them weekly. I have such fond memories of them.

DisneylandForever
07-27-2004, 05:36 AM
The absolute FIRST thing I would do is bring back the Tahitian Terrace, which I am hoping that they do with this upcoming "refurb" of Alladin's Oasis. Please let it be true!!!

Would definitely bring back the peoplemover as well. I would make the rocket jets white again, and put them back where they belong. While I'm in Tomorrowland, I think Innoventions will get GUTTED, and replaced with either an America Sings type show, or at the least an attraction people wanna see. Still in Tomorrwland, I'd bring back the submarine voyage, and update it. And like someone posted yesterday, it's time for a new 3D movie in the magic eye.

I would make use of the old SkyWay station in Fantasyland. It's a nice location. A padder in here said something about making it a small cafe. That's not a bad idea. It'd be nice to munch on a sandwich while overlooking half of Fantasyland. And I would definitely bring back the Country Bears. But since all that money was already spent on Pooh, I'd put them in DCA.

It'd be cool to have another "flying" dark ride like Peter Pan somewhere. If not in Fantasyland, then maybe DCA. Like the door scene in Monsters Inc, or a magic carpet from Alladin.

Back to Tomorrowland. Star Tours needs new movies! What about the pod racing scene from Star Wars: Episode 1? How is that not the ride now? It would be awesome!

Phew! :p That's it for now.

Photographer
07-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Disneyland

Bring back the Country Bears
Bring back the People Mover
Bring back the subs or put in a new ride: Finding Nemo or The Little Mermaid

Get rid of Innoventions and come up with something new and futuristic
New film at Star Tours

Add a new ride in ToonTown and take out the Bounce House & Donald's Boat

CA Adventure

Tear it down. LOL
OK maybe that won't happen but...

Eliminate the carnival games *yawn* and put in some dark rides
My mind just stopped working because it reality, that park was a mistake

07-27-2004, 06:48 AM
I'd bring back the world's fair atmosphere Tomorrowland used to have - a nice mix of show (Carousel of Progress/American Sings), "educational" activities (Adventure Thru Innerspace, AT&T's movie in the round, etc.), and fun

missm
07-27-2004, 08:13 AM
The absolute FIRST thing I would do is bring back the Tahitian Terrace, which I am hoping that they do with this upcoming "refurb" of Alladin's Oasis. Please let it be true!!!

It'd be cool to have another "flying" dark ride like Peter Pan somewhere. If not in Fantasyland, then maybe DCA. Like the door scene in Monsters Inc, or a magic carpet from Alladin.

Back to Tomorrowland. Star Tours needs new movies! What about the pod racing scene from Star Wars: Episode 1? How is that not the ride now? It would be awesome!

Phew! :p That's it for now.

Those are the best ideas I've heard so far. I love the Monsters Inc. door scene! I work at a day care and every kid there loves that movie (as do the adults) so I know that ride would be insanely popular.

rentayenta
07-27-2004, 08:16 AM
I'd bring back the world's fair atmosphere Tomorrowland used to have - a nice mix of show (Carousel of Progress/American Sings), "educational" activities (Adventure Thru Innerspace, AT&T's movie in the round, etc.), and fun

I second Adventures through Innerspace. That ride used to scare me because I really thought I was shrinking. America Sings was great too.

I am all about progress but do not understand the concept of trying to fix something that isn't broken; like getting rid of those fabulous rides in Tomorrowland.

SCUBAbe
07-27-2004, 08:21 AM
I would take out the tikki room

put back in the sky way....I loved the skyway...:)

MrJims
07-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Reinstate the Country Bears...there should be a petition to start that! No offence intended, but replacing it with Pooh was one of the biggest (and not to mention dumbest) ideas they could of come with. When I rode the Pooh ride at WDW, I thought it was kinda boring and not worthy of representing such a big Disney character.

Disney has to realize that they have released Disney movies since "Alice in Wonderland" (ie) Monsters Inc., Toy Story, Lion King, Atlantis, Nemo etc etc etc., and work on those to build new exciting attractions. They have to stop copying WDW (Tough to be a Bug, TOT), and develop something new (like Soaring Over California) that the other Disney parks will want to copy. After all, Disneyland is the original, and in my opinion, still the best. Keep that reputation alive!

SallySkellington
07-27-2004, 02:29 PM
I would:

1. Either make Haunted Mansion Holiday permanent (ducks as things are thrown by the Haunted Mansion purists), or else make a new Nightmare Before Christmas ride.

2. Bring back the skyway.

3. Bring back the Country Bears (I like Pooh, but it will NEVER be as great as the Country Bears.

CoasterChickie
07-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Like Pirate Girl, I agree that the original HM shoould be left as is, but...

Like SallySkellington, I agree that NBC should be left up all year round , so we definitely need a second mansion maybe over in DCA where SSL used to be.

I'd also like to see a Lilo and Stitch and an Emperor's New Groove ride or attraction.

As much as I love the Tarzan movie (the animated one with the awesome Phil Collins soundtrack) , I would like to see Tarzan's tree moved to another location and have the Swiss Family Robinson tree restored to its "rightful" owners. If the kids nowadays don't know who the Robinson family is , this will be the perfect opening for parents to go out and rent one of the greatest Disney films of all time. Everyone can relate to at least one of the characters in that movie. (and I just love those blue eyed blonde gallant Swiss boys :~D )

Also, I'd like the country bears and the sub rides again!

soccerlady16
07-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Bring back the Electrical Parade to DL!
Remove Innovantions
Change movies at Star tours and 3D theater
Remove Pooh {to scary for the little ones}
Maybe bring back that Hunchback of Notre Dame show they had by Big Thunder Ranch for a while that was a great show!

Remove the Zepher {is that how u spell it?] over in DCA
Remove Golden Dreams
Put a Roller coaster in the middle of the lake in Paradise Pier at goes under water!
More entertainment in the Wharf

SCUBAbe
07-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Bring back the Electrical Parade to DL!
I really like the electric parade at DCA. The "streets" are wider so there's more room to watch it and for the parade to move. Like the snails and other moving things that come up to the crowd. I love the electric parade though. I hope it never goes away again. :)

merlinjones
07-28-2004, 09:49 AM
Disneyland

Add:

Adventure Thru Inner Space
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Skyway
PeopleMover
Submarine Voyage
Rocket Jets (up high)
CircleVision 360
Stitch Encounter
Nautilus Walkthrough
Aquatopia
Tomorrowland Stage/Name Pop Acts
Flying Saucers
Swiss Family Treehouse
Sleeping Beauty Castle Dioramas (original version)
Walt Disney's Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (original show)
Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock
Cascade Peak
Fort Wilderness
Indian Village (Pocahontas?)
Main Street Electrical Parade
The Golden Horseshoe Revue
Tahitian Terrace/Polynesian Revue
Tony's Restaurante
Walt Disney Family Museum
Forbidden Mountain (thrill ride: escape dungeon, battle fire-breathing dragon)
Cinderella Ride (change to mouse size)
Cinderella's Coach Meet and Greet
Tiki Room Lanai Virgin Cocktail Lounge
Main Street Cinema Screening Room
Space Bar
Dancing Waters in TL ala Bellagio
Country Bears
Zorro's Black Whip Coaster (in Ranch area)
Aladdin Flying Carpet Simulator Ride
Disney Villains Shop
Vault Disney Store
Art Corner
Jolly Holiday Gardens - Mary Poppins Tea
Matterhorn Gardens Coffee House
Little Mermaid Dark Ride
Belle's Bookshop
Uncle Scrooge's Money Bin
Mickey and the Beanstalk ride
Babes in Toyland Shop (by Small World)
Year 'Round Costume Shop
Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride
Tomorrowland Terrace
Keel Boats
Carnation Ice Cream Parlor (Walt's version)
New Monorail Trains
Big Thunder BBQ

Subtract:

Innoventions
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Wet Marble
Observatron
Astro Orbitor
Club Buzz
Red Rocket's Pizza Port
Starcade
Gadget's Go Coaster
Tarzan's Treehouse
Lemonade Stands
ODV carts
Fantasyland Theatre/Videopolis
Petting Zoo/Picnic Area
Pool of murky water by Big Thunder Trail
Winnie-the-Pooh (in current form)
Fantasmic!
Pin Trading Carts
Patronizing PC Children's Theatre Shows from Anne Hamburger
Ugly padlock and grate in Wishing Well (ruins mood)

sami869
07-28-2004, 10:04 AM
I agree with almost everything merlinjones but I especially love the idea of a Cinderella's Coach meet & greet. That would be a little princesses dream come true. Heck, I'm 20 and I'd stand in line for that :)

mjformenotyou
07-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Disneyland

Add:

Indian Village (Pocahontas?)

My parents always talk about the Indian Village that was, and sometimes, if they're in a good enough mood, and I can badger them enough, they'll imitate the silly dance you did with the American Indians there.

I always wished that they kept this, because it was something they always seemed to remember with fond memories. Even if they did do that stupid dance.

Lindsay

SallySkellington
07-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Disneyland

Add:

Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride

Subtract:

Fantasmic!

:eek:

While I agree about the NBC ride, you honestly want them to get rid of Fantasmic? (shudders at thought of Fantasmic being gone)

merlinjones
07-28-2004, 11:09 AM
>>While I agree about the NBC ride, you honestly want them to get rid of Fantasmic? (shudders at thought of Fantasmic being gone)<<

No - - Fantasmic! should be kept as so many people love it. I just miss the quiet moonlit rides on the Rivers of America...

CoasterChickie
07-28-2004, 11:21 AM
and sometimes, if they're in a good enough mood, and I can badger them enough, they'll imitate the silly dance you did with the American Indians there.

Lindsay

Your parents sound fun! :)

I like Fantasmic, but I could live without it if they'd do fireworks every
night at DL. Someone suggested doing Fantasmic over at DCA. That's not a bad idea! And maybe it would keep the park open later at night.

MrsG
07-28-2004, 03:59 PM
I really like the electric parade at DCA. The "streets" are wider so there's more room to watch it and for the parade to move. Like the snails and other moving things that come up to the crowd. I love the electric parade though. I hope it never goes away again. :)

I thought I'd never want EP to leave Main Street, but I love it in DCA for the same reasons!

Bring back Tahitian Terrace, or at least some other themed sit-down restaurant. There are not enough "nice" places to sit and relax at a meal.

Innoventions has got to GO!

JEFFJAGUAR
07-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Let's see..

We can use something representing American country music. I know let's get some bears in that Winny the Pooh garbage thing and we can call it...Country Bear Jamboree.

Update Star Tours ("it's my first flight and yours too - rightt.

We need some decent barbecue ribs in the park..I know there's space available in the area between Big Thunder Mountain and Fantasyland. Put in some grills and picnic tables. We could call it Big Thunder Barbecue.

How about a Circlevision movie of a travelogue in the United States....

Wonder where I could come up with such ideas.

Pilot Mickey
07-28-2004, 09:07 PM
I like Fantasmic, but I could live without it if they'd do fireworks every
night at DL. Someone suggested doing Fantasmic over at DCA. That's not a bad idea! And maybe it would keep the park open later at night.

Fantasmic! at DCA would never work, they don't have the mark twain, or columbia, or the tom (souwer<--Spelling) rafts, so they'd have to rework those parts and they'd have to build and island out in the paradise Lagoon it would never be as good as the one in Disneyland at the moment. But i think it'd be cool to have 6 diffrent movies for star tours so you wouldn't really know where you were going, i say use the endor one they have and cycle it with 5 new ones. Hoth, Geonosis, Coruscant, Naboo, and Tatooine. I think that'd be cool, then it really is star tours because you get to tour a planet from every star wars movie and you wouldn't get the same ride twice in a row, most likely. And it'd bring more life to Star Tours, gorge lucas will have time now because he's not making another star wars film, oh also redo the "boarding video" it's too 80's it needs to be updated, maybe with that guy that does the "loading video" on Sorin' :D :) :rolleyes: