PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Mimi's recently?

CarlieB
07-26-2004, 02:50 PM
I was checking out their new website and thought their breakfast menu sounded pretty good (and good value). Just wondering if anyone's been there recently and can offer some feedback?

SCUBAbe
07-26-2004, 04:18 PM
we ate there the weekend before last. It was really good. We went for dinner though. I had the portabello mushroom sandwich. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meals and the service was adequate...not great, but not terrible either. :)

sediment
07-26-2004, 04:48 PM
The one in DLr? No, I haven't.

SallySkellington
07-26-2004, 06:10 PM
There's a Mimi's at DLR?

Wendi
07-26-2004, 06:16 PM
There's a Mimi's at DLR?

Apparently it is at the hojo's. What a coincidence... I was checking out their menu online today too!!! It looks good to me, I think we'll wander down there for breakfast one day.

leota's necklace
07-26-2004, 06:22 PM
I visited Mimi's in San Diego for breakfast this weekend, and it was heavenly. I recommend the pot roast and eggs. Good lord, it was tasty.

Mark099
07-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Mimi's is our favourite place to eat at DLR. By far, the best value and food in that whole overpriced area.

splashmtngurl
07-26-2004, 07:35 PM
Yes and they have the very best french onion soup! also they are great for familys, you can ask and they will tell you how to get a few meals and split them....its way cool! heehee!

pboeoahr
07-26-2004, 07:55 PM
I was told by a friend that visited a few years back that kids ate breakfast free with an adult paid bkfst. Is that still true? We head down from PDX, OR on the 7th of August for a 5 day visit starting the 10th and would like to know since we are staying at the hojo.

Mark099
07-26-2004, 08:03 PM
I was told by a friend that visited a few years back that kids ate breakfast free with an adult paid bkfst. Is that still true? We head down from PDX, OR on the 7th of August for a 5 day visit starting the 10th and would like to know since we are staying at the hojo.

There is another place called Millie's (near Fairfield Inn) that had the kids eat free when we were there in 2002. The food, however, is not as good as Mimi's Cafe.

SCUBAbe
07-26-2004, 08:09 PM
we ate at millies on our last trip also. The food is diner type and the service was really bad. They do have games out on the tables for kids or, as in our case, bored adults who waited way to long for lunch to be served.

rentayenta
07-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Mimi's is great. I haven't been to the one near DL but the menus are all the same. I worked there many moons ago. They have the best stuffed french toast around.

GrumpyUTboi
07-27-2004, 06:18 AM
I'm weary of the buy an adult meal get a kids meal free. With 2 adults and 4 kids at IHOP we spent $70. The food and service at this IHOP was horrible. We will try Mimi's. I like their food, but then again UTah is far away from Disneyland.

rentayenta
07-27-2004, 08:08 AM
I'm weary of the buy an adult meal get a kids meal free. With 2 adults and 4 kids at IHOP we spent $70. The food and service at this IHOP was horrible. We will try Mimi's. I like their food, but then again UTah is far away from Disneyland.

Grumpy, there is a Mimi's in SLC and they are building a new one in Layton.

I hate IHOP. All the food tastes the same.

tod
07-27-2004, 09:14 AM
Millie's is a coffee shop, and pretty good. We eat there often when we're in the area. The four of us can get out for about $40.

Mimi's is a restaurant, sorta upscale from the more plebeian Millie's. We eat there less often, but we like it well enough. It costs us closer to $60, though.

They're adjacent to each other across the street from Disneyland, in the 1400s on Harbor Boulevard between the McDonald's and the 5 freeway.

--t

nursemelis374
07-27-2004, 09:34 AM
I love the muffins there! The tacos are also really good and can easily be split between two people.

Hakuna Makarla
07-27-2004, 09:35 AM
how about the resturant mom's? its suposed to be around there some where to, any comments about there foods and prices?

rentayenta
07-27-2004, 03:21 PM
I love the muffins there! The tacos are also really good and can easily be split between two people.

I totally forgot about their muffins..mmmm. I like the custard too in the little ramekins. The French Quarter can easliy be split as well and they will sub turkey for ham. The oriental chicken salad is to die for and all of their salads come in a petite portion. They have awesome pot roast and liver and onions.

Mark099
07-27-2004, 03:59 PM

IHOP is majorly expensive. The three of us go to IHOP locally all the time and spend $20 CDN for breakfast. At DL, the same IHOP food cost us $35 US. Yes, the service was aweful for us too.