PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Paradise Pier Hotel Questions

annemerson
07-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi all you dining experts!
I'm going to Disneyland (again :~D ) in September with a bunch of 13 year old boys this time. We all love sushi. Has anyone eaten at Yamabuki in PPH and if so, how was it? Do they have any all you can eat type selections on the menu or is it specific items at set prices? Also, we are considering eating at Minnie's Kitchen since we have already been to Goofy's Kitchen and The Plaza Inn. Can anyone tell me more about it? Thanks!
P.S. These guys also love Starbucks-type coffee drinks. What's the best place to get those?

07-09-2004, 06:25 AM
Has anyone eaten at Yamabuki in PPH and if so, how was it? Do they have any all you can eat type selections on the menu or is it specific items at set prices?

I haven't eaten there. A quick MousePlanet search turned up May 2001 info on Yamabuki here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrpacific.htm).

That's a start. With all the expertise on the boards, I'm sure you'll get more information.

ER Nurse
07-09-2004, 06:36 AM
Hi,
I do not post very ofthen but do lurk all the time. We ate at Yamabuki in December and were quite disappointed. The food was not that great and it was very expensive.
My husband did get sick afterwards but since we have no proof I will not blame the food.
On a brighter note...there was a huge Japanese tour group there that seemed to really be enjoying themselves.
Have fun...

Lisa

PS: Also there is a coffee place (can not recall the name) in the lobby of the Paradise Pier that serves great coffee drinks :)

cstephens
07-09-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi all you dining experts!
I'm going to Disneyland (again :~D ) in September with a bunch of 13 year old boys this time. We all love sushi. Has anyone eaten at Yamabuki in PPH and if so, how was it? Do they have any all you can eat type selections on the menu or is it specific items at set prices? Also, we are considering eating at Minnie's Kitchen since we have already been to Goofy's Kitchen and The Plaza Inn. Can anyone tell me more about it? Thanks!
P.S. These guys also love Starbucks-type coffee drinks. What's the best place to get those?

I've had sushi twice at Yamabuki, and I thought their sushi was ok, but not great. I've not been back because I get sushi regularly from a really great place. The prices at Yamabuki were a little high, but our AP discount made it more manageable. I don't recall them having an all-you-can-eat option. You just order off the menu, with a set price for each order, which is usually two pieces.

I haven't eaten at Minnie's Kitchen in quite some time, and I'm not sure I ever will again. It's definitely not a place I'd recommend. I would suggest going back to Goofy's Kitchen or Plaza Inn or trying Storytellers if you're not that concerned about the character interaction.

KIDinTHEkingdom
07-09-2004, 06:41 PM
My group and I frequent Yamabuki freqeuently and it is good, not the most spectacular but it is good. The prices are high but the staff and ambiance of the place is relaxing and accomidating. If you would like to eat there they will valet your car for free for 3 hours to accomadate your dining expierience. Concerning coffee, The LaBrea Bakery in Downtown Disney serves starbucks coffee, if you would like to go to the true thing, you can go straight down harbor Blvd and their is a starbucks in the lobby of the Hyatt hotel and the hotel across the street. Hope you have a great dining expierience!