PDA

View Full Version : Drenched on Pirates of the Caribbean

annemerson
07-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Has this happened to anyone else...I was on the Pirates ride and when it went down the first big hill it felt like someone literally threw an entire bucket of water on me. I was soaked from head to toe but everyone else on the boat was completely dry. I'm wondering if an employee may have done this as a joke. I thought it was really funny and so did my kids, but I was freezing afterwards as it was 10:00 at night and I didn't have sweatshirt cuz I didn't think I'd get that wet.

amarvel
07-07-2004, 01:09 PM
WEll 2 weeks ago, my husband, father and myself went on the ride and we were more wet than from Splash mountain. Our entire bums were soaked and so were our feet. we thought the water level was higher and thus the boat dips under the water after the drops. but we werent splashed in the face or anything, just the water was seeping in like the water was too high, but it was doing this thoughout the ride as well.

Dlandmom
07-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Where in the boat were you two sitting?

annemerson
07-07-2004, 05:12 PM
I was near the back of the boat on the right hand side. My daughters were all sitting behind me. And I hate to say it, but there was a really fat man in the middle of the seat in front of me so maybe that made the boat heavier. But it really truly felt like someone had thrown a bucket of water directly at me on purpose! I still laugh thinking about it! P.S. I didn't get wet at all on Splash Mountain or the Matterhorn

myron61090
07-08-2004, 03:08 AM
WEll 2 weeks ago, my husband, father and myself went on the ride and we were more wet than from Splash mountain. Our entire bums were soaked and so were our feet. we thought the water level was higher and thus the boat dips under the water after the drops. but we werent splashed in the face or anything, just the water was seeping in like the water was too high, but it was doing this thoughout the ride as well.

good thing you didnt sink

aztectodd
07-08-2004, 10:38 AM
I have never been that drenched on Pirates, but my girlfriend and I got drenched on the Materhorn a couple months ago. That last drop when you go into the water, we had a ton of water splash onto us...that have never happend to us before.

DisneyDustin22
07-08-2004, 01:20 PM
I got drenched pretty good sitting in the front row on pirates. a wave came up and over the front soaking the entire front row. it all depends on how heavy your boat is and if you get stopped before the hill. like if you have a full boat and theres no backup at the hill, the gate doesnt stop your boat and you continue down with the momentum you have out of the station. so that can affect the kickup of water at the bottom. i have noticed though that the waves being kicked up at the bottom of the hills have been bigger in recent months. the water level may be higher for some reason. so many thing determine that though, like where the heavier people are sitting in the boat and how many people. so it all depends. i agree though, it is kind of uncomfortable being wet through that ride. i know i was.

splashmtngurl
07-08-2004, 04:50 PM
i am most possitive that its the water gates. they break quite often and then the water get damned up behind the gates and overflows so that when you go down the hills you get drenched. and of course with that much water getting into the boat you can imagine how full they are at the end of the day!

Dani24
07-10-2004, 09:09 PM
My SO got splashed pretty good on POTC the other day. We were sitting in the middle of the boat, and he was at the edge. When we went down one of the drops, he was shocked to end up with water all over his shirt and face. It wasn't like a bucket full of water, but it was more than we've ever experienced before on that ride.