PDA

View Full Version : Early Magic Hour - how to?

shalisat
06-12-2004, 11:48 AM
I was wondering if the ealry magic hour is in effect now. If it is, is the only way to use it by staying at a Disney resort? Or is another way? Thanks.

karliebug
06-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Yes it is in effect and it is for WDW resort guests only. It is one of the best reasons for staying on site. :cool:

adriennek
06-12-2004, 03:15 PM
This is in the Disneyland Anaheim forum, so I assume you're asking about DL, not WDW?

If so, the answer is that they don't offer this at Disneyland anymore- or at least they haven't for awhile.

Adrienne

maltbird
06-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Just got back home after 4 days at DL...We stayed at the Disneyland hotel on the concierge level. On the last day (thursday) while we were in the concierge lounge having breakfast we were given passes to enter toon town at 9 AM, (Opens to the public at 10)

Having a 7 year old, we jumped at it and had a GREAT time, there must have only been another 50 or so people in the area, ...it really felt "private"...plus our son had some quality one on one time with Mickey !!!

Cheers
JOhn

tink1234
06-14-2004, 07:08 AM
On the last day (thursday) while we were in the concierge lounge having breakfast we were given passes to enter toon town at 9 AM, (Opens to the public at 10)

Oooooh! Do you know if they will be doing this over Christmas?!? We will be staying concierge at CGH. I would SOOOO love this!

ralfrick
06-14-2004, 02:17 PM
This was published in a story on another site 12-9-03:

"While staying at the Grand Californian, you have access to an entrance to Disney's California Adventure through your own personal gate at 9:15 in the morning, 45 minutes prior to the official opening time."

And I can add that Thanksgiving week last year I went through the DCA gates exactly at opening time, and got the impression that they must have done something like that since there was already a 45 minute wait posted for Soarin'. Whether it's still the case, I couldn't say.

Pat-n-Eil
06-14-2004, 05:05 PM
That is correct.. I was also there during Thanksgiving week.. The gate doesn't exactly open at 9:15.. what happens is they have a mini walking tour of Condor Flats where they explain a lot of the themeing and the markings on the ground as well as the history of some of the items in there - then they take you on an early bird ride of Soarin' over California. After which you are free to wander about.. but most of the rest of the park doesn't open until 10:00 anyway.. so you are basically limited to Condor Flats and places nearby.