PDA

View Full Version : New E Ticket?

DisneyDustin22
04-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Just out of curiosity...does anyone have any inside info on what Disney's next E Ticket attraction would be? either in DL or DCA? or for that matter, what would you like to create if you could be "imagineer for a day"? your thoughts...

Quinten27
04-15-2004, 03:18 PM
Yes, someone does have inside information on the next E-ticket ride. I do not know who this person is, but I am sure that someone does. :D

If I was the imagineer in charge of the next E-ticket ride, I think I'd go with an "overhead" track coaster, that is something that would be new to Disneyland. In fact, since it's Disney, they could do something really new and make a coaster that is a combination of overhead and underneath track.

Maybe theme it as an underground mine train (The Seven Dwarfs Mine maybe?). Have visible breaks in the underneath tracks and before the underneath track ends, it would "catch" the overhead track and simulate the experience of "jumping" over the broken sections of the track. Now that would be fun.......your riding along.....then "OH NO, the track ends at this cliff"......and then "weeeeeeeeee" you fly over the cliff and land on the track on the other side........

It would be scary, but fun! Maybe even add a barrel roll or two while on the overhead track. Though a ride like that would need to be VERY exact in how everything lines up, not impossible, but very difficult.

I think I picked up this second idea from someone else here on MP, but it was a good idea. Make a new mountain that has two rides, one coaster and one a water ride. Or even something similiar to the "slidewinder" at Dollywood would be cool too.

myron61090
04-17-2004, 11:59 PM
i'd imageneer this ride

for the rocket rods/people mover abandoned tracks, i think it would be nice to have a new ride on it where people will board carts much like a fantasyland ride (pinnochio, clepping beaty, mr. toads wild ride) and mix it in with teacups where you can spin the carts too. (so it's kinda like a roger rabit ride all over again but themeing is different)
i just think it might be nice to cruise around overhead. on top of autopia, star tours queue line and generally on top of tommorrowland while spinning around like crazy

sleepyjeff
04-18-2004, 11:57 AM
I'd cover the Peoplemover support beams and the track itself et al with invisable paint( no I am not kidding, digital camouflage is available now-$$$$$ ). Than have futuristic looking cars go down the track nice and smooth to create the illusion of flying. This illusion of flight would be for the riders and the people below who would gape up and stare at the flying cars.

lazyboy97O
04-18-2004, 01:28 PM
I like Quinten27's idea about using over head track. You wouldn't have to make the coaster actually use the lower track, just give the illusion that it is there. If it was say the mine of the seven dwarves a low ceiling could easily be a means to hide overhead track. The only problem would be hiding the beam that holds up the coaster car.

I've always thought a sort of PeopleMover and Rocket Rods hybrid would be cool. You could board something like the old PeopleMovers but everybody faces forward. You would launch down the first part then slowly procede through the buildings. You could look at the attractions and even some displays that could be added. Then you'd go through the outdie area above Autopia at a high speed. Then slow down again for the Circle Vision build and then a final launch towards the station. Of course a new queue would be needed.