PDA

View Full Version : Is Concierge at DLH worth it???

tmcgin710395
03-28-2004, 06:53 AM
After staying in the hotels of the Disneyland resort for years, my wife wants to stay in a conierge level room now for the "extras". I have been reading different reviews that have been written about concierge service at the Disney hotels but most of them are several years old.

Anyone stayed in the concierge level recently??? Based on my calculations the difference between a regular room and the concierge room is about $72 per night; consdiering the recent ticket price increase (Probably shouldn't go there) I'm just curious about what we wold be getting for the extra $$$. :confused:

Tinker Bell
03-28-2004, 08:24 AM
We did the conierge in feb 03 and loved it they let you take stuff to your room. One of my friends is an early riser so she always got up got ready for the day and went. When she came back she brought us a little of everthing. Then once we were ready for the day we went again. We had brought ziplock bags for the kids to have snacks all day. We were able to fill these bags and have snacks all day. They let you take two drinks out. We always took two water bottles each. So now we have water for the day. In the evening we had wine and cheese if your there when they have firworks its greet.Also they have dvds so when the kids needed a break from the day we could get a move and relax in the hotel room. I would do it again if i ever stayed there again. But now i live close to disney and can stay at my own house. But these trips were a week long so i dont know if it still works for day trips.alot of people who go for a couple days at disney dont even see the hotel till they are ready for bed. but the do have a good breakfest. It cut cost for us being 16 people. Hope this helps.

03-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Based on my calculations the difference between a regular room and the concierge room is about $72 per night; consdiering the recent ticket price increase (Probably shouldn't go there) I'm just curious about what we wold be getting for the extra $$$. :confused:

With very young children, I do think concierge is worth it - almost a necessity, in fact.

If you take the Disneyland out of the DLH, the DLH is not a swanky, top-flight hotel, despite their rates. The concierge spread reminded me of some airline's first-class lounge at a major airport - okay but somewhat impersonal and predictable.

It comes down to what $72 means. Some people make that many times over/hour. For others, that's a day's pay. If $72 is inconsequential, then why not stay concierge? But if that $72 kept me from, say, a nice dinner at the resort, I wouldn't stay concierge.