View Full Version : Bring Back these Three Things at Disneyland
11-18-2003, 12:14 PM
1) Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough..or something with the SB Theme
2) Something for the lagoon. It just sits there year after year full of water and ducks. I don't care if it is a sub ride. Too bad it is in Tommorrowland and they can't make it into a Little Mermaid ride because of the theme. Well actually all they have to do is move the entrance to the smoking plaza and poof! It's part of Small world :)
3) Change the people mover into a mini transportation system. That way people don't have to take the Trains to get around the park. I'm simplifing this as they have to take SA people into account but just sit and see the whole park and get off at the attractions you want? Price of Disneyland? $47, Price of Parking $10. A way to get around most of Disneyland without walking? PRICELESS.
Get RID OF INNOVENTIONS. It is worse than rocket rods or the People Mover. At least in America sings you learn something while sitting down. Make it into a movie theater where you can see old disney movies or cartoons that last 40 mins or less. At least you will have a place to get a breather and the kids still get the disney experience.
11-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by merlinjones
Better yet - - put the Pirate Ship/Skull Rock back where it was as a key Fantasyland centerpiece and move Dumbo to the Skyway hill, next to Casey Jr.
YEAH!! Then we could have at least one spinny ride way up high!
12-04-2003, 05:43 PM
I want both spinny things way up high
12-05-2003, 01:33 AM
Adventure Thru Inner Space
MSEP on Main St.
Fantasy In The Sky
If I had to pick a "top 3"
12-05-2003, 01:45 AM
12-05-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
>>1) the former restaurant that is now the Annual Pass processing center (which as of 11-09-03 looks like an abandoned Restaurant/peeling paint/cob webs/roof structure collapsing near the Tiki Room)
Sad focal point for the center of the park.<<
They should turn that into Tony's Italian Restaurante like in Lady and the Tramp! Then Tony and Joe could serenade diners (and maybe an AA Lady and Tramp) out on the veranda. Good show.
That is an excellent idea! A nice sit-down Italian place, where at night it could be lit up with lanterns or white "Christmas lights". Think of how great of a romantic setting it would be. :D
12-10-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Allysen1Derland
*Adventures Thru Inner Space. Am I the ONLY one who thinks the "rad technology" that was once Star Tours is now kinda dated & played out? Sorry, ST fans! :(
I can't even begin to think of MY 3, but I think that, since DCA Hollywood Backlot is essentially mini (not Minnie) DisneyMGM, why not throw Star Tours over there. After all, how can it be in Tomorrowland when everyone knows it's "A Long Time Ago..."
12-10-2003, 10:51 PM
1. If you've seen me post at ALL, you know my #1 has to be the subs. Throw in a Titanic theme if need be. Imagine being able to ride the Submarines down to the Titanic's final resting place, then descending through a skylight inside the great ship. ANYthing!!!
2. Peoplemover. It was part of Walt's vision for Epcot. And let's face it, we live in LA. We NEED to be able to take Monorails along the major freeways, Peoplemovers radiating away from the Monorail stations, and Speedramps from the Peoplemover to home. What better way to make that point than looping Peoplemover through Fantasylandand behind the Rivers of America and into the dead end behind Pooh and Splash. (Okay, theming is a problem, but no moreso than the DLRR running through Tomorrowland. Heck, after Fantasyland, put the Peoplemover in a tunnel between the RR and the river.)
3. I miss the old days of the Penny Arcade. I know, what a waste of a #3! But Mainstreet has become "Soak-them-before-they- escape Street USA." I liked the old moving picture boxes and other old-fashioned arcade amusements that seem to have diminished greatly since the old days.
Oh, and here's something I'd like to see OUTside the park, sorta... I'm a pedestrian who lives on Ball Rd. I tell you, it's bloody awful walking from anywhere on Ball to the park entrance. Because, heck, it's not like I'll be walking all day once I GET there, right?
12-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Don't know if this has already been suggested but:
1) Fire T. Irby
2)Give WDI an unlimited budget, and say "Have Fun"
3) Step down and hire Roy as your Sucessor