PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland DVD

disnymom
08-17-2003, 11:18 AM
does anyone know about the disneyland dvd? is it a tour of the parks? does it take you on the rides? is it like the old "day at disneyland"? thanks, guys

tod
08-17-2003, 11:30 AM
At amazon.com. (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005KARE/ref=pd_ser_asin_2/102-4525673-8629702?v=glance&s=dvd)

--T
:fez:

disneyfreak168
08-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by tod
At amazon.com. (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005KARE/ref=pd_ser_asin_2/102-4525673-8629702?v=glance&s=dvd)

--T
:fez:

that dvd talks about Disneyland back when it first opened, it's 10th anniversary, disneyland after dark. And in the 10th anniversary one, they go backstage with Walt and he talks about making NOS I actually found it quite interesting...

Table of Contents:

Disc ONE
The Disneyland Story
Dateline Disneyland

Disc TWO
Disneyland After Dark
Disneyland Tenth Anniversary Show

Supplemental Features
The Magic Kingdom and the Magic of Television
Gallery

I like it:)

But if you're talking about this dvd (http://www.laughingplacestore.com/SearchResults.asp?P=1) , yeah that's just a guide throughout the whole resort: DL, DCA, DTD, and the Disney Hotels. It's like a tour and they describe each ride.

snappy
08-17-2003, 01:55 PM
If you have a Cosco try seeing if they still have it. I purchased my copy for $19.00 plus tax. Great DVD for Disney lovers. Good luck

experiment626
08-17-2003, 04:17 PM
Which Disneyland DVD are you talking about? The one sold at the parks from what I have seen of it and what I have heard others say, is basically a longer version of the Free planning video. Not at all like the Day at Disneyland (which I have and love)

snappy
08-17-2003, 11:39 PM
The Disneyland DVD in question is the one that comes in the Aluminum Tin-Can. It contains the original broadcast with several T.V personalities including Ronald Reagan. It's a great DVD to add to your Disney collection! Try Cosco (If accessible) for $19.00 price tag. (Can't beat that) Worth the $$$

Lashbear
08-17-2003, 11:52 PM
I'd love to see them release all the various "Park Tapes" (AKA "A Day In Disneyland" ) on one compendium DVD

...So far, I have three -

The DLR Info-mercial version I bought in November 2002 (Not enough time at DL, hardly enough time at DCA & Waaaaay too much time at DTD)
The 1991-ish version that started with Mickey walking down Main Street getting everyone ready.
The Older (70's ? 80's ?) version with the cute little girl and the Yellow Balloon.

Are there any more than these ??

danyoung
08-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by disnymom
does anyone know about the disneyland dvd? is it a tour of the parks? does it take you on the rides? is it like the old "day at disneyland"? thanks, guys

The current dvd is a completely different production, with its good and bad points. They shot almost entirely new footage for this one, and they must have had a pretty good budget - the video looks great. Unfortunately they made a very strange casting decision with the young hosts that narrate the piece - a girl for DL and a guy for DCA. The guy is at least passable, but the girl is simply horrible - she's trying so hard to be smiley cute energetic (and she's not very good at it) that she just makes me want to ralph. The feel of the Day at Disneyland video is MUCH superior to the current dvd. But if you're like me you need one of everything in your collection, so go ahead and buy. I'd be interested to hear your opinion after you view.