PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin's Cove - Stay lately?

atalmi
08-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Don't know where else to post this, but would love to see if anyone has stayed at the Dolphin's Cove lately? I stayed there last year and noted a bad ant problem. For those who have had recent experience, have you noticed the same problem persist??? Also, last year they had breakfast by the pool every morning... is that still the case?

Thanks in advance..

mad4mky
08-06-2003, 09:03 AM
I haven't stayed there since January. On our last trip down in May...they didn't have any openings, so we stayed somewhere else.

I didn't notice the ant problem last time...or the time before. But last spring...the ant problem was BAD!! I mean real BAD. I had maintence come twice to spray...and of course they made some sorry excuse.

They still do have breakfast in the mornings...and the cheese/wine time in the evenings.

As an owner...I have not been too happy the last time I was there though. I can see why they lost their "Gold Crown" distinction.:(

atalmi
08-06-2003, 09:23 AM
mad4mky,

Thanks for the info. We stayed there last November and are doing it again this November via a RCI trade. I was prepared for the ant problem because I saw reviews stating that such a problem existed. I'm hoping they took care of it by now... It is unfortunate that they lost the GC tag given that there is so much potential and the location is superb. I will say, however, staff was very nice and accomodating.

mad4mky
08-06-2003, 09:44 AM
My girls love staying there, and were very disappointed when we couldn't stay there this past May.

We bought into Dolphins Cove, because we really liked the place...and the quality of it couldn't be beat.

But, there have been changes in the last year...some good, some bad. But, they are constantly upgrading the place, which is good.

The staff there is very nice...and will try to always make your stay pleasant.

I hope you enjoy your trade! :D November is a grea time to go to DLR...and the LA area.
Oh...one thing has changed since last November. You will now have to pay to take the shuttle to DLR. Be prepared for that.:(

atalmi
08-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Too bad about the shuttle... how much is it? We only used it a couuple of times last year, but it was nice. We usually buy our passes through AAA and that includes free parking at DLR . With 3 young kids, it's easier to pack everything in the Suburban. Have they done anything else to the Cove?

mad4mky
08-06-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by atalmi
Too bad about the shuttle... how much is it? We only used it a couuple of times last year, but it was nice. We usually buy our passes through AAA and that includes free parking at DLR . With 3 young kids, it's easier to pack everything in the Suburban. Have they done anything else to the Cove?

Yeah...we mostly drive as well (we are a family of 5)..and I have a Premium AP. But...I have flown down a few times with just one or two of my 3 girls. And when it's one or two kids and I, we take the shuttle.
And...you HAVE to show your pass to the driver.

I don't remember the cost...as the last time I used the shuttle, it was still free. We had driven the last time we stayed there, and so we drove our own car into the lot.

Give Dolphin's Cove a call....they'll let you know. But, you do have to pay for children...and adults. Obviously babies up to a certain age are free.

I can't think of anything else off hand that they have done. Other than remodeling some units.