PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland entrance closed due to suspicious package 3/3/12 [Gates to reopen shortly]

Pages : [1] 2

Malcon10t
03-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Another board has someone at the park stating the park is being evacuated and dogs have been brought in. Anyone there?

TTFN92
03-03-2012, 07:48 AM
That sounds scary.

jcatron243
03-03-2012, 07:52 AM
scary! please let us know.

AnotherJenny
03-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Just saw this on the local ABC news.

They said an employee found a suspicious item int he trees outside the park. People in the park are not allowed to leave and no one is being admitted. I will look for an article to post.

ETA: http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-disneyland-suspicious-object,0,3171547.story

It says they found the item in a walkthrough before the parked open, there were some guests in the park early, and they are being sequestered away from the entrance.

letshavefun
03-03-2012, 08:46 AM
What the heck, hopefully it's just something leftover from OMDD.

heidiwhr
03-03-2012, 08:49 AM
My sis in law just called and said they were told while entering Mickey and Friends that they could park, but they couldn't go into the park because they "found a bomb". They decided to go up and spend the morning at The Grove.

AnotherJenny
03-03-2012, 08:54 AM
What the heck, hopefully it's just something leftover from OMDD.

Hopefully not, because then it went unnoticed for the last 2 days...

moofeet
03-03-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm glad to decided to stay home on my bday! ;) Maybe I'll just go later.

letshavefun
03-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Hopefully not, because then it went unnoticed for the last 2 days...

Yeah I thought about that after I posted.

SigalTchelet
03-03-2012, 09:24 AM
My sis in law just called and said they were told while entering Mickey and Friends that they could park, but they couldn't go into the park because they "found a bomb". They decided to go up and spend the morning at The Grove.

The Grove should be fun. Hopefully they can get into Disneyland later today.

AnotherJenny
03-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Ok, one more article, with a quote from a DL rep:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03/disneyland-locked-down-after-suspicious-object-found-near-entrance.html

And, a tweet from MP:
https://twitter.com/#!/MousePlanet/status/176009764596219905

And now I am off to run my errands, away from Anaheim :D

jrsharp21
03-03-2012, 09:34 AM
My friends are there on the second day of their three day trip and sent me a text this morning about this. They are pretty much stuck at their hotel right now because they can't get into the park.

AVP
03-03-2012, 09:35 AM
See what happens when I sleep in?

I just got off the phone with a Disneyland spokesperson, and the esplanade will reopen and admission to both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will resume shortly. The suspicious package found inside the esplanade was found to be harmless, and the Resort is preparing to reopen the gates.

It's going to take a while for the backlog of people who were held in Downtown Disney and the Mickey and Friends structure to get through bag check and into the parks, and for the Anaheim transportation network to resume operation. If you aren't already at the Resort, I'd give it at least an hour or two before you head down there.

AVP

foolishmortal
03-03-2012, 10:00 AM
well that is good news. Hope all the guests have a good day.

letshavefun
03-03-2012, 11:02 AM
The CMs that have been working the last couple of days are going to need a vacation:}

AVP
03-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Update from Disneyland:

As a thank you to our guests for their patience this morning, Disneyland Resort park hours have been extended tonight. Disneyland park will now close at 1am & Disney California Adventure park will close at 10pm. Also, an additional "World of Color" show at Disney California Adventure has been added tonight at 10:15pm and an additional "Fantasmic!" show at Disneyland has been added tonight at 11pm.

JunJunM3
03-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Hats of to the CMs' who were working OMDD and today. Boy these guys could use some time off for their efforts.

JunJunM3
03-03-2012, 12:02 PM
The CMs that have been working the last couple of days are going to need a vacation:}

agreed.

SigalTchelet
03-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Hats of to the CMs' who were working OMDD and today. Boy these guys could use some time off for their efforts.

They should send them to Aulani! ;) Sounds like they really earned a vacation!

tea4two
03-03-2012, 04:47 PM

Happy Birthday to you!

jananafish
03-04-2012, 02:33 PM

lol Happy birthday! You should have paid the crab a visit on your bday ;)

leota's necklace
03-05-2012, 06:09 AM
Was I the only Planeteer inside the Park? Good lord, it was glorious. Though I am not sure what they mean by "sequestered in a safe area" -- we had pretty much free roam of the place (though I didn't try to get near Main Street). I did ride Indy and travel Adventureland with no issues, though that was later in the morning, possibly by the time the All Clear had been sounded.

ImDMous
03-05-2012, 08:01 AM
We were just leaving for DLand when we saw a tweet about the esplanade being evacuated. That was about 9:15. By the time we got up there around 10:45 to Toy Story lot everything was back moving again. The shuttle line was a little long but they had a ton of buses lined up. The bag check line was a little long, but only took about 15 minutes. Once everyone got in and on schedule, it wasn't really that busy. I thought it was really cool when they announced they'd be open later, but they did cancel the fireworks. Not sure if that was related at all or not.

kuusimo
03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
We were inside the parks as well. My boys were in heaven as they walked onto just about every ride they wanted to. It was strange to see more cast members standing around than vistors though.

My oldest kept saying it was the most "Magical Morning" he could every think of!

leota's necklace
03-05-2012, 05:11 PM
ImDMous, I heard the fireworks were cancelled due to wind.