PDA

View Full Version : Carthay Circle Theatre [what's inside?]

Goodnplenty
02-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Could someone please describe to me or perhaps, point me towards a site that describes what is supposed to be in the CCT? Will it contain a place where they show old Disney movies? Or will there be a restaurant there?
I'm sorry I'm so in the dark. I live in Orlando and have been more focused on our Fantasyland projects.
GnP :D:D:D:D

IllusionOfLife
02-06-2012, 06:19 PM
The original plan was to have a new version of The Walt Disney story playing in the theater, but the current plan is that the theater will house a steak restaurant that will supposedly be "DCA's Signature Restaurant."

olegc
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
to add to that - there will be a private club called "1901" (came from blue sky disney) - sort of the Club 33 for DCA, and it has been reported that the restaurant in the theater during the day will be more casual and more signature in the evening. You can probably find some descriptions on the DIsney Park blog if you do a search, possibly on Blue Sky Disney (blueskydisney.blogspot.com), THe MiceChat project tracker, and/or Disney and More website. Many of these have rumor info and/or coverage of any released info.

as for memorabilia and/or movies - it was planned, then pulled, so you never know what the actual will be until it opens.

dban3
02-11-2012, 10:32 AM
The original plan was to have a new version of The Walt Disney story playing in the theater, but the current plan is that the theater will house a steak restaurant that will supposedly be "DCA's Signature Restaurant."

Alas.... there is no revenue stream built into a beautiful building housing memories and memorabilia of Walt Disney. However, there is big money to be made in a signature restaurant, parade viewing packages, and a separate private club tied back to Club 33 members. I think the Walt Disney story concept was brought up by imagineers then quickly replaced by high price food and drinks options favored by Disney bean counters.

Malcon10t
02-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Alas.... there is no revenue stream built into a beautiful building housing memories and memorabilia of Walt Disney. However, there is big money to be made in a signature restaurant, parade viewing packages, and a separate private club tied back to Club 33 members. I think the Walt Disney story concept was brought up by imagineers then quickly replaced by high price food and drinks options favored by Disney bean counters.Sounds about right.

stan4d_steph
02-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Alas.... there is no revenue stream built into a beautiful building housing memories and memorabilia of Walt Disney.Actually there is, but it's called the Walt Disney Family Museum and it's in the Presidio.

cstephens
02-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Actually there is, but it's called the Walt Disney Family Museum and it's in the Presidio.

Right, but that's a separate location with a separate admission price. That wouldn't be true for a random building in DCA.

kidrericha
02-17-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm so excited! I was really hoping that with the DCA expansion they'd find new and creative ways to sell me stuff.

dban3
02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm so excited! I was really hoping that with the DCA expansion they'd find new and creative ways to sell me stuff.

In 2012, it's Disney's first order of business when it comes to park development.

kidrericha
02-20-2012, 08:15 AM
I'm gonna love it in another 10 years when they still can't figure out why the gate is inferior to Disneyland.

MadasaHatter
02-20-2012, 09:36 PM
I think the new DCA gate is much cooler than the gates at DL....not that I don't adore Disneyland but only in Hallowe'en time are they decorated cool! The new DCA gates look like the DECO EXHIBIT in LA and I love the sleek and cool look including color and architecture. Of course....I am mad.....

kidrericha
02-21-2012, 06:26 AM
I think the new DCA gate is much cooler than the gates at DL....not that I don't adore Disneyland but only in Hallowe'en time are they decorated cool! The new DCA gates look like the DECO EXHIBIT in LA and I love the sleek and cool look including color and architecture. Of course....I am mad.....

I meant gate as in paid admissions to the park, not the physical appearance of the entrance.

MadasaHatter
02-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Oh the gate take, cashola, shear numbers......GOT IT! Yeah, I think folks will always choose DL over DCA if they must indeed choose. But I think Buena Vista St and CARSLAND will make it much more appealing as a full day park experience. My number one reason for going to DL so much is the theming. You all know that MSUSA is my favorite land in DL and I have a sneaky feeling that BVS will be my new fave in DL......only time will tell.

PowerLaces
03-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Hello,

I am new here so please forgive me if I have overlooked a thread about this. I was looking for some more information about Club 1901. From what I have read it's the new Club that will be in California Adventure and Club 33 premium members will have access to it.

But will this club have it's own members and waiting list? Is it only a dinner club like C33?

Thanks!

tHeDiSnEyKiD
06-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Besides the restaurant, isn't there supposed a new Disney story being told there in a theater? Haven't heard anything about it at all lately...

AVP
06-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Two lounges downstairs - one for Platinum Club 33 members, the other a public lounge - and a restaurant upstairs. No actual theater.

potzbie
06-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Ya got that right!

When Disney brainstorms for new princesses, they find a toy or a geographic area they have not exploited, and only then draft a screenplay featuring the latest princess, which fits that financial niche.