PDA

View Full Version : Project Runway -- no untagged spoilers until Saturdays

Pages : 1 [2]

Drince88
09-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Oliver drove me more than a little batty this time around. He really only wants his clothes on board-flat models who are paid to not say anything. Hmmm, don't think you're going to make much money that way, dude. And, oh yea, there is the thing about the total and complete lack of COLOR in any of his designs. No, we don't need Minnie Mouse on the runway, but COLOR, dude.

My initial response to Oliver when he said he didn't like boobies because they ruined the lines of the clothes was "DESIGN MENSWEAR then!" Looks like he'll get his chance!

Drince88
09-25-2011, 12:01 PM
When I'd written that Oliver should design menswear, I hadn't known/remembered that he DID design menswear. No wonder he's so color adverse.

But wow, did he do a poor job! I hope he doesn't hurt his overall career by not being able to deal with clients at this point in his life. I'd think that once you get a reputation for being a pain for clients (who have money) to work with, that it'd be really hard to get them back, regardless of how talented of a designer you are.

KarenW2
09-26-2011, 01:50 AM
I wasn't at all surprised that Oliver was sent home this week! I don't remember being impressed by anything he's managed to sort of get together, sort of in time to make it onto the runway at this point (I still can't figure out why they liked his dog bed fleece top over the seeds dress, which was way more detailed and took way more time)!

I also haven't been at all impressed by his Madonna-like fake affected sort of English accent he puts on. I cracked up the night one of the other contestants asked him what kind of accent it was or where it was from.

First, he didn't like real women, now he doesn't like real guys to make clothes for and he's supposed to be a menswear designer?? I'm just glad he's gone, so I don't have to wonder if he's going to finish whatever it is in time!!

KJSJpipe
09-26-2011, 05:32 AM
I also haven't been at all impressed by his Madonna-like fake affected sort of English accent he puts on. I cracked up the night one of the other contestants asked him what kind of accent it was or where it was from.

I must have missed that what was his answer? I never could figure it out, I mean it is super weird-is it English? Asian? ( I forget what he is) an odd combo of both? All I know is it is hard to understand what he is saying most of the time, compounded by the fact that he practically whispers when he speaks.

PS I thought his reaction to the band was rude, he acted like a 3 year old.

Tinkermommy
09-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Back on my Anya soapbox! C'mon...her outfit was awful, AND had the big gaping open place in the back of the pants, and she didn't even make the bottom two? I know she wasn't the only one with an awful outfit, but hers was unfinished, and all she got was, "not good this week." Anybody else would have been raked over the coals and had to go home for that combination.

I am absolutely convinced that she's getting special treatment and handling that I've never seen a contestant get on Project Runway. And that makes me feel like it's pre-determined, rather than an actual competition. Grrr.

I saw in the preview for next week that Anya's circumstances may mean she has to make her outfit out of muslin. If that turns out to be true, I'm guessing she's going to dye and/or hand-paint it, and end up winning with the judges praising her brilliance. I would be SO happy to be wrong!

Oliver -- yeesh. He doesn't want to sew for women, because they have breasts. He doesn't want to sew for men, because they're too big. His guy didn't appear to be large, but Oliver acted like he was huge. I really felt for that guy! I'd say Oliver would be best suited to designing for Barbie, because she doesn't talk back, but as she has a chest and wears color, I guess that's out. Can't even think what would make that guy happy.

KJSJpipe
09-27-2011, 02:28 PM
I definatly felt bad for his guy, he did every thing but specificaly say "you are fat and I can't make clothes for fat people". The guy wasn't even that big, I don't think I would even call him heavy let alone fat.

Drince88
09-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't call him heavy, but he is a fairly big guy with a big chest and shoulders.

Tinkermommy
10-01-2011, 07:57 AM
I saw in the preview for next week that Anya's circumstances may mean she has to make her outfit out of muslin. If that turns out to be true, I'm guessing she's going to dye and/or hand-paint it, and end up winning with the judges praising her brilliance.

So, did I call that, or what? :p

Drince88
10-01-2011, 08:53 AM
At least the winning item was the bonus one, where she actually did have money!

ChurroGirl
10-01-2011, 10:21 PM
I love Victor's clothes. I would wear almost everything he makes if it came in regular women's sizes.

Oliver seemed really whiny and that grated my nerves, very happy so see him go!

I was sad to see Anthony Ryan go home this week though, he was one of my favorites.

Drince88
10-07-2011, 12:58 PM
For those that may not have watched yet - NOT a spoiler
They did an 'After the Runway' show. I hadn't watched my recording soon enough to record it last night - but it (shock of all shocks) is being rebroadcast this weekend, so you might want to 'set your VCR' to catch it if you like that thing. The previews during the show looked promising.

KJSJpipe
10-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Don't forget the Finale is tonight!!

Drince88
10-27-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm so tired of the "We can't make a decision so you all go to the next round" stuff!!! You're the judges --- JUDGE!

(I know, decisions made in consultation with producers......, and it probably makes good television...)

KJSJpipe
10-28-2011, 05:08 AM
I have to say I was not surprised when all four were going. From all the Anya hype this season there was no way she wasn't going. It would have been more suspenceful if one of the other three had been the fourth.

Drince88
10-29-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm so disappointed.

ONE note. Boring. Yea, I can see what the purse, jewelry, and shoe line would look like - but this wasn't supposed to be Project Accessory Potential.

And they eliminated one of the others saying that they had potential, but then say they like the potential of the winner.

JUST about pushed me into not watching next season.

KJSJpipe
10-29-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm so disappointed.

ONE note. Boring. Yea, I can see what the purse, jewelry, and shoe line would look like - but this wasn't supposed to be Project Accessory Potential.

Yeah, that would be called Project Accessory (Accesories?). Wow that show was bad!!!!

I hear you though, it was stupid that they picked the winner for having potential but did not like anything that was done that was not part of the one note theme....so what kind of potential is there?!

Drince88
10-30-2011, 05:39 PM
I didn't watch the new show. Now I'm REALLY glad I didn't!

jananafish
10-31-2011, 05:55 PM
Wow, wow, wow...I just finished watching the Finale. WHAT A CROCK!