PDA

View Full Version : Believe Viewing Area.

FantasmicFan82
08-15-2001, 06:07 PM
How many of you/us/people reading this have watched "Believe" from in front of the castle? I went a few weeks ago, and sat on the curb of the Hub, right in front of the Castle. I've sat all the way in the front, but it's hard to see the low fireworks from there. the Fireworks were scheduled to start at 9:30.

By 9:00, of course, it was almost full of people between the saftey rope in front of the castle to the middle of the hub. somehow there was a make shift walkway going from Frontierland to TL about 10 feet in front of us. at about 8:50 a man (early 30's) came storming through the crowd of sitting people cussing and stepping on people things. the woman sitting next to me said "Hay there's kids here!" he exclaimed "F*** You, I Work Here!" (riiiiight)

our 'section' decided to stay seated for the show, while everyone in front of us stood up, the 'walkway' separated the standers and the sitters. when it started, we moved to the standing section to get a better view of the castle, which it was.

Before I left DL, i went to City Hall to complain about the bad viewing arrangements in front of the cast. If you're going to shoot fireworks off of it, expect people to want to be right in front of it! and of course i told the CM at CH about the rude dude.

Am I alone in thinking they should do something about the seating arrangements in the Hub for Believe? all sitting, all standing? they did it for Fantasmic! and it works great. of course they would have to get the few CM's there to "keep people moving".

merlinjones
08-15-2001, 09:54 PM
I think the viewing area from the hub is just great right now, especially since the removal of the two large trees. It's now a spectacular panorama, with far more room/sweet spots than ever before. I'd hate to see the hub's aesthetics ruined with seating areas like Rivers of America and Small World.

Ralph Wiggum
08-15-2001, 11:00 PM
Too me it just sounds like you were a little too close....i find the best spot is right at the end of main street..to the right side because the fireworks tend to be on the left side of the castle.

Gandalf
08-16-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by FantasmicFan82
How many of you/us/people reading this have watched "Believe" from in front of the castle? I went a few weeks ago, and sat on the curb of the Hub, right in front of the Castle. I've sat all the way in the front, but it's hard to see the low fireworks from there. the Fireworks were scheduled to start at 9:30.

Am I alone in thinking they should do something about the seating arrangements in the Hub for Believe? all sitting, all standing? they did it for Fantasmic! and it works great. of course they would have to get the few CM's there to "keep people moving".

We've seen the "Believe" fireworks several times from the Hub area and most of the time everyone cooperated. There will always be the problem people that want to create negative situations. They are usually the ones that come a few minutes before an event starts while others have waited an hour or longer for it. Even when they know they are blocking someone's view they insist on standing.
A safety tip for those who want to stand or sit near the trees: bring plastic for your overhead comfort! It isn't an enjoyable experience to be aerial blasted from the overfed black bird on a bombing mission.