PDA

View Full Version : Expedition Impossible... Amazing Race rip off?

Bytebear
06-30-2011, 09:53 PM
So, I am watching Expedition Impossible and it really just feels like Amazing Race. Thoughts?

AVP
06-30-2011, 10:05 PM
So, I am watching Expedition Impossible and it really just feels like Amazing Race. Thoughts?Yep. I love that there is no Clue Box - they just roll the clues up and stuff them into something. You can almost hear the host mentally editing himself so he doesn't say "you are the first team to arrive," and "you have been eliminated from the race."

Still, I'm intrigued enough by the premise that we'll watch it a bit more before we decide. I like the idea of really exploring one country.

AVP

stan4d_steph
07-01-2011, 09:04 AM
It looks like a relaunch of Burnett's EcoChallenge concept, which predates TAR. I loved those races; they were seriously intense! I'll have to catch the episode online, I forgot to program it into the DVR.

Alex S.
07-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Yeah, a mix of TAR and EcoChallenge is how it struck me as well.

A little too much intra-team drama for my tastes but I liked the relative lack of gimmicks and the physicality of the challenges.

Drince88
08-08-2011, 09:00 AM
No Limits sure is living up to their name!
I had to laugh at the Gypsys, though. "No, we're going to stop and have some tea and enjoy the experience; we'll see a team if they're coming" (I think they bought tea for their camera guy, too - since he said '4')
And I think I want Fab 3 (or whatever they're called) to compete against in the next MA. I did think the clue was a bit obtuse for the penalty, but then they were pretty obtuse, anyway.
but they were SOOOOO lucky

yellowrosedtxn
08-08-2011, 10:05 AM
I agree, they were really lucky! I feel bad for No Limits though, when it appears that Ike broke his ankle. And I believe it is broken, I just hope he doesn't damage it beyond repair!

I don't like the Gypsies as much, it just doesn't seem like a huge challenge to them because they have been first so many times. But that they gave up their prize of talking to their families and gave it to No Limits was way cool!

The California Girls are LUCKY they are still in it. They have had a TON of help.

And the Team Football Players... I find it funny how they think they are so macho, yet are struggling.

I was sad to see The Country Boys go home.

What can I say about Fab 3? They are good when they work together.

I am glad to see Team Cops are still in it as well.

I can't wait to see it this week!