PDA

View Full Version : Season Finale Cliffhanger Thread - Will Contain Untagged Spoilers.

GusMan
05-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Was catching up on some of our favorite programs via Tivo and my wife and I started talking about the different season finales and how some were cliffhangers and how some were not.

What were some of your favorite finale cliffhangers? What do you predict will happen at the start of next season?

Drince88
05-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Castle irritated me to no end. Almost to the throw something at the TV irritated.

AJDerrick
05-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Castle irritated me to no end. Almost to the throw something at the TV irritated.

Anything in particular? I was pretty happy with the episode, overall. Some unanswered questions, sure, but some good character building I thought.

Drince88
05-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Kate being shot. She's either going to have a 'miraculous recovery' or they're going to get a new female lead. Kate's "reason for being a cop" is now complete, so part of what gave her character dimension has been resolved. Now she'll just be another smart pretty woman.

I did feel that they did a good job on building up to 'who did it' with the rest of the episode, and didn't just have giant leaps in the storytelling, so that was good, for sure.

Alex S.
05-18-2011, 11:23 AM
My problem with the Castle finale is that it is a fluff show. It doesn't do serious well and when it has tried they've been the less interesting episodes. I have other outlets for quality drama, I'm not looking for it from Castle. Don't need a "very special episode" of a sitcom and I don't need it from a light-hearted mystery show.

Also, if Castle and Becket end up in a relationship we're into Moonlighting territory and I have trouble envisioning the path forward (though wish them luck). Sexual/romantic tension is fine, but relationship tension is boring.

GusMan
05-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Personally, I found the SF to CSI:Miami to be somewhat annoying. I mean, Horatio getting shot was done once before and adding Tripp and Boa Vista into the drama did not really help all that much. Its like I can almost predict what might happen next. Either Boa Vista is going to get written off the show or everything will be just fine in the end. I hope it is a little more complex of a story line than that.

The shocker that really got the Mrs. and I was the SF for 90210. (Yea, I admit, we watch it.) Naomi getting pregnant? Yea, did not see that one coming. We honestly thought that Adriana was going to jump but for some reason I think the writers are going to try to make her some sort of poster child.

We still have several series to complete...

Boo's Mommy
05-18-2011, 02:59 PM
CSI: Las Vegas - can't they just tie up the whole Nate Haskell story up in a nice bow, it's gone over 2 seasons now hasn't it by leaving it as a cliff hanger? Even the miniature killer was finished in 2 seasons.

Bytebear
05-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Hawaii 5-0 ended with quite a shock, but had two competing story lines and one got overshadowed I thought.

stan4d_steph
05-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Also, if Castle and Becket end up in a relationship we're into Moonlighting territory and I have trouble envisioning the path forward (though wish them luck). Sexual/romantic tension is fine, but relationship tension is boring.That's my fear too.

Andrew
05-19-2011, 09:52 AM
I loved this bit of dialog in the penultimate "Hawaii Five-O" episode:

Danno: Why do you need a slingshot? They're birds, can't they fly?
Gracie: These birds don't have wings.
Danno: And that's why they're angry?

AJDerrick
05-21-2011, 09:38 AM
Kate being shot. She's either going to have a 'miraculous recovery' or they're going to get a new female lead. Kate's "reason for being a cop" is now complete, so part of what gave her character dimension has been resolved. Now she'll just be another smart pretty woman.

I did feel that they did a good job on building up to 'who did it' with the rest of the episode, and didn't just have giant leaps in the storytelling, so that was good, for sure.

Ah, yes. I didn't think that was entirely necessary, but since we don't really know the details of the shot I'm figuring that it's partially an excuse to make her deal with her surgeon boyfriend. I didn't feel like her reason to be a cop was resolved at all--they still don't know who the man hiring all of them was. We know the hitman is gone, and the 3 cops are gone (sorry about that, Captain), but we still don't know who was orchestrating the whole thing. Who was the guy who took the collect call from Mr. Hitman in prison? I think that'll be the new focus.

I enjoy the fluffy episodes more. I'm in Castle for the fun of it, not the drama. I hope that if/when they do get together the writers have what it takes to keep it fun. I have a feeling that even if they're together they probably wouldn't argue a whole lot less, lol.

KarenW2
05-21-2011, 03:21 PM
We both enjoy Castle too, mostly for the fun "battle of the sexes" comedy, not so much the boring violent side of things. Another show we enjoy is The Mentalist, with Simon Baker! This week's show was their season finale and they had what MIGHT be an answer to who "Red John" was this week, tho I totally expect them to come back next season, and find out who they showed us was supposed to be him, may not be after all!

Lots of shows we watch have gotten cancelled - Lie to Me, Brothers & Sisters, possibly The Defenders and maybe Parenthood. We heard that Chuck and The Closer only have one season left, as well as Harry's Law has gotten picked up for at least one more season. I wonder if there will be anything worth watching in the new season, that these were cancelled for!

Ohthatjeff
05-21-2011, 07:37 PM
I was expecting the sister to know kung fu by the end of Chuck's season finale.