PDA

View Full Version : Storytellers Dinner Buffet

miss bianca
04-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Hi all - has anyone ever done Storytellers dinner buffet? what did you think of it and what was included?
Thanks

80S ERA
04-21-2003, 12:26 PM
I found it excellent. I've been there twice, and loved it both times. Here are some fo the entrees I could remember:

- Leg of lamb :cool:
- Prime Rib:cool:
- Pasta
- Cheesecakes and a bunch of other great desserts
- Quality salad bar

I believe they only have the buffet on select weekend dinners and holidays. I'd call in advance to verify. Also, as with all buffets, don't get there around closing. They usually have less selection because dishes are being taken away. During my first visit, I was dissapointed that I could only get 1 slice of prime rib. :mad: I don't recall if drinks were included. It was pretty pricey -- about $28 per adult. They also gave me a 10% discount for my PAP.

disguy
04-21-2003, 12:42 PM
When I eat there for a reg meal they give us 15% off for pap. Do they lower the discount during the buffet?

80S ERA
04-22-2003, 06:42 AM
I don't remember if it was 10% or 15%. My guess is 10. I just remember the hostess getting ticked off at us because we came back (after paying) and asked if we could get our check adjusted for PAP price.

Not Afraid
04-22-2003, 07:32 AM
If you are a picky eater (and only like about 1/2 the items on the food chain) Techie7 you can choose the Dessert Buffet for $8.50. Num num!

Techie7
04-22-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
If you are a picky eater (and only like about 1/2 the items on the food chain) Techie7 you can choose the Dessert Buffet for $8.50. Num num! yup

lisap
04-22-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Techie7
yup

Yup yup. :D They poke fun, but then they want a cookie or bite of bread pudding.

Not Afraid
04-22-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by lisap
Yup yup. :D They poke fun, but then they want a cookie or bite of bread pudding.

Of course! What would you expect a good Mother to do???:p ;)

Matterhorn Fan
04-22-2003, 06:05 PM
There's a dessert buffet? How come I didn't know that? Is it good?

I would have skipped several severely average meals there in favor of desserts had I known.

Not Afraid
04-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
There's a dessert buffet? How come I didn't know that? Is it good?

I would have skipped several severely average meals there in favor of desserts had I known.

You need to ask Techie7. He's a regular at the dessert buffet.

miss bianca
04-22-2003, 06:22 PM
dessert buffet?? YUMMY! I'll be there in 4 days and I'll let you know how it was. Look out waistband... here comes the cheesecake!:D

Techie7
04-22-2003, 10:07 PM
OK so the info on the "buffet of happiness":

When you go to Storytellers you will not see the dessert buffet listed anywhere. As long as they are having the regular buffet though it is available. Make sure to ask your host and if they have not heard of it they can check with a manager. The last time I went the host seemed surprised that they offered it. But yes the price can not be beat for under $9.00. Enjoy!

Sheila
04-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
You need to ask Techie7. He's a regular at the dessert buffet.

Yeah, but the kicker on this story is that the person in question is rail thin. It's just not fair. :( ;) :D

Sheila

SoCalDisneyLover
04-22-2003, 10:46 PM
OK...I'll bite. This dessert buffet sounds quite interesting. Is it an actual buffet where you go up and take what you want? What are some of the desserts available, if someone can offer an example please.

Techie7
04-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
OK...I'll bite. This dessert buffet sounds quite interesting. Is it an actual buffet where you go up and take what you want? What are some of the desserts available, if someone can offer an example please.

Yes you go up and take what you want for as long as you want (or until they tell you, "Sir... that is ALL you can eat.") Anyways the selection varies some but they usually have cheesecake, cookies, brownies, an amazing bread pudding with vanilla bean sauce, assorted tarts, Hagen Das (sp?) ice cream, etc. Well worth the price if you are looking for dessert.

Matterhorn Fan
04-23-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Techie7
Yes you go up and take what you want for as long as you want (or until they tell you, "Sir... that is ALL you can eat.") So, this is a comment you've heard before? Having seen you consume desserts before, I somehow doubt that that statement was actually correct.

MOUSELUVR
04-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Sorry to be so uninformed, but where is Storytellers buffet??:confused:

tjrj
04-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by MOUSELUVR
Sorry to be so uninformed, but where is Storytellers buffet??:confused:

Storyteller's is a sit-down restaurant at the Grand Californian Hotel. Great food, nice setting, casual. In addition to the buffet, you can order off the menu.