PDA

View Full Version : Lagniappe Sightings

draydanman
08-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Has anybody else seen Mark Wenzel's new Disneyland page? (They won't let me post the link.) We fondly remember his "Lagniappe" character (the mime) seen in NOS for many years - he was always very helpful (and very, very funny). We've been curious about the backstage photos he's had on his site for some time - mostly on the Pirates ride, but one also inside the Haunted Mansion - were they real, or were they photoshopped? Well, it must be the real thing, because now he's added shots of himself in President Lincoln's chair and in the Temple of Doom, and even a 3D photo! They are hilarious and make us think that he must have taken a photographer around with him after hours - what great idea! Anyway, we think of him often, we still miss him in NOS and wish him the best!

Dan and Deborah

Sarah32384
08-18-2010, 05:41 PM
I had always seen him when I was an AP visiting the park and I remember how awkward it felt to talk to him backstage when I was a cast member! He recognized me and we had a good conversation but I had gotten comfortable with him as a mime. I really miss those times visiting with him. Any word on what he's up to these days?

draydanman
08-19-2010, 02:58 PM
You're from Redlands? According to his biography page, Mark grew up there. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a newspaper clipping from the Redlands Daily Facts about a performance he did at the library there.

TowerofTerror
08-19-2010, 10:09 PM
no I havent but would like to see this guys disneyland website

Sarah32384
08-20-2010, 10:07 PM
You're from Redlands? According to his biography page, Mark grew up there. Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a newspaper clipping from the Redlands Daily Facts about a performance he did at the library there.

That's so random, I didn't even notice! That's kind of exciting . . . I wonder if they have anything in the library about him. The library here is just gorgeous. It's on the National Register of Historical Places so that's kinda fun.