PDA

View Full Version : Self-serve stroller rentals

daveywest
08-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Today I was invited to use new self-serve kiosks to rent a stroller. We've been at the park all weekend, and these are definitely new. They are touch screen monitors that ask you to select the number of strollers, then also select the number of days to rent. You choose one of several payment options. A small note onscreen mentions that discounts (i.e. Disney Visa) will be applied after your credit card is swiped.

I didn't like not being allowed to see and approve a final total before my card was run, but the system applied the appropriate discount and printed a reciept while I wrote my last name on the stroller ID card.

Overall, the transaction was smooth, but lacked that Disney personal touch.

Any else have the chance to try this system yet?

adriennek
08-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Today I was invited to use new self-serve kiosks to rent a stroller.

Thanks for the report!!

So after you did the kiosk thing, did you just show your slip to a CM to pick up your stroller? And then you just show your receipt in the future for the additional days?

Adrienne

AVP
08-11-2010, 11:54 AM
This launched on Monday. There are four kiosks, located next to the rental counter. They accept only credit cards and rent only strollers, so you still wait in the standard line if you're paying w/ cash or need to rent a wheelchair or scooter. You can rent up to 5 strollers for up to 6 days. The kiosk can calculate both the 2-stroller and the Disney Visa discount, but as daveywest said, it does not display the discount, or even a total, until after you swipe your card to pay. The kiosk prints a receipt that you just take to the bay to collect your stroller, as you would with a pre-paid voucher. The process for multi-day rentals is the same - you turn in the stroller each night, and collect a new one the next day by showing your reciept. The machine offers English or Spanish navigation.

AVP

daveywest
08-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the report!!

So after you did the kiosk thing, did you just show your slip to a CM to pick up your stroller? And then you just show your receipt in the future for the additional days?

Adrienne

Looks like AVP already answered. I didn't see the kiosks when I rented the stroller Monday, and Tuesday was our final day. I didn't get the chance to test multi-day rentals, but I'd be hesitant to do so since it involves keeping track of a small slip of paper that could be easily be lost.

I'm sure one of the fine contributors will have photos for Monday's park update, but the construction of the kiosk seemed very temporary or last minute. The touchscreens were housed in painted, but unsanded plywood. It wouldn't surprise me to see the individual booths moved to a FP size distribution machine.

twindaddy
08-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Would love to see photos of this in the next update!!!