PDA

View Full Version : Girls only June 30-July 2, 2010 - Grand Californian

mrsdisney68
06-14-2010, 01:56 PM
This is starting as my pre-trip report now that I only have about two weeks left planning is in full swing...who are we kidding I been planning for 30 days now, lol...

This trip is just a special get-away for myself (42) and my daughter (11), our first time just the two of us for some very special mom and daughter time!!

DATES JUNE 30-JULY2
STAYING AT-GCH

Special plans-WOC-picnic viewing for June 30, Blue Bayou lunch July 1st, Chip and Dale breakfast at GCH on July 2.

I can't really explain how thrilled I am to just be going with my daughter, it is fun to go as a family (hubby and son,13) but to just be able to hang out with my DD and do all the things we love and to get to expericence the new WOC show is going to be such a blast!!!! I am going to try to get us some matching pj's from Disney Store and give them to her at the hotel for a nice treat.....I was only able to book a standard view room this trip, but I have my fingers crossed for an upgraded room. There is nothing like having the GRR view when you are there...:)

emsmom
06-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I love doing trips with my DD alone. We started when she was 10, she is 18 now and this is the first year we haven't gone. (although summer isn't over yet;)) I can remember everything about that first trip it was truly magical. Enjoy.

mrsdisney68
06-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Update....Cancelled my AG reservations for WOC I purchased the picnic meals instead, hope I made the right choice....I just didn't want to spend that much at AG, and the picnic sounded like fun for us two girls...Puchased our matching pj's at the Disney Store (cute blue ones with little colored mickeys all over)...I will leave them on the bed before we have turn down, try to do it so she doesn't see them.....Got my daughter her own gift card for her little things she wants to buy too...Now it is just down to the waiting...

disney3mel
06-16-2010, 07:56 PM
I like your pj and gift card idea. I think the pj's is a great touch. Have fun on
your trip.

DLANDLUVR
06-17-2010, 11:59 AM
me and my mommy have matching disney pjs as well! there more of the retro disney type....there so comfy :) Sounds like youll have fun!

gotchalk
06-17-2010, 09:42 PM
we leave in the morning for our mommy and daughter trip! cant wait for World of Color!

denluvsdisney
06-20-2010, 12:04 PM
I hope you have lots of fun. My mom and I are going in October. Instead of the two of us like normal, we invited another mom with her two children. It will be the children's (11 and 9) first time there. It will be special for mom and I to see DL through a child's eyes again.:)

mrsdisney68
06-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I hope you have lots of fun. My mom and I are going in October. Instead of the two of us like normal, we invited another mom with her two children. It will be the children's (11 and 9) first time there. It will be special for mom and I to see DL through a child's eyes again.:)

That sounds like fun....I am just looking forward to "hanging out" with my daughter and just being girls....I know we will have a great time:D

chuck5722
06-27-2010, 12:36 PM
The crowds are ugly on AP days !WOC is awesome and GCH was great but busy . I love the park entrance and exit next time i go I will go before June 20TH we arrived on the 18th 2 days before LA schools got out . Next year or 2 we will go around June 10th . Have a great trip .

chuck5722
This is starting as my pre-trip report now that I only have about two weeks left planning is in full swing...who are we kidding I been planning for 30 days now, lol...

This trip is just a special get-away for myself (42) and my daughter (11), our first time just the two of us for some very special mom and daughter time!!

DATES JUNE 30-JULY2
STAYING AT-GCH

Special plans-WOC-picnic viewing for June 30, Blue Bayou lunch July 1st, Chip and Dale breakfast at GCH on July 2.

I can't really explain how thrilled I am to just be going with my daughter, it is fun to go as a family (hubby and son,13) but to just be able to hang out with my DD and do all the things we love and to get to expericence the new WOC show is going to be such a blast!!!! I am going to try to get us some matching pj's from Disney Store and give them to her at the hotel for a nice treat.....I was only able to book a standard view room this trip, but I have my fingers crossed for an upgraded room. There is nothing like having the GRR view when you are there...:)

mrsdisney68
06-27-2010, 01:53 PM
So here I am two days out, and I am so excited....I made one final PS for Carnation Cafe for dinner...so now we are doing WOC picnic our first night, Blue Bayou for lunch second day???(still deciding on this), and Carnation Cafe for dinner, and Storytellers for Breakfast on Fri....gonna try for a late check out on Fri fingers crossed...:)

orchid2
06-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Have a wonderful time my daughter and I too go there for just girl time... remember if no late check out then have everything packed and have the bellmen take it down stairs and put into the holding area... enjoy your day.... even if the bellman take your stuff you have the room till 11:00 after that they key doesn't work..... sounds like your eating at some great places... if you'r missing a breakfast place the Disneyland Hotel has Steakhouse 55 which has a very nice breakfast....

prince
07-02-2010, 11:53 AM
How exciting. we are planning a girls trip to in october. this will be our second time. taking my daughter who is 12 and my mom and sister. although it is just going to be one day in the park and an overnight stay, it is still alot of fun. i hope one day to just take me and my daughter. but either way sounds like you guys are going to have a blast. i like your pajama idea as well. maybe i will think about doing that to. have fun. be carefull traveling this weekend.

mrsdisney68
07-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Had a great trip with my daughter...highlights were...got a upgraded Grizzly River Run view room from a standard view room, that was really nice...turned in our GADGAD vouchers for the summer fun pass plus only had to pay $114..that was a real bargin..

First day we headed over to DL to wait for CA to open...we were able to make it on some of our favorites, Indy, Pirates, HM, BTMR...then we left to get into DCA...went on TSM first wish they had fast pass we were only able to ride it once becasue the lines got so long...I went on Screamin which I will never do again...I am not a big rollar coaster person and I was so scared not my favorite moment from this trip, lol...We did some other rides in that area...had lunch at Pacific Warf, soup for my DD and the chicken salad for me YUM....after lunch we heading over to GRR..no fast pass so we did single rider line that was great got right on and usually we were right next to each others rafts...we rode it like 3 times in a row....

Wanted to check to see if our room was ready so we went back to the hotel...still not ready so I asked the bellman for one of our bags I had packed our swimsuits in and we decieded to go to the pool and relax...Just got settled there then our room was ready..I went up got the luggage sent up.. I set up the special PJ's I had got at the Disney store for us...then headed back to the pool...We just hung out there for awhile. We needed to be back to the park around six since we had to pick up our picnic meals for our 9pm WOC show...

Got to the Golden Vinerary around 6pm, no line at all..picked up our meals..got two bags..I ordered the Asian, and my DD had the Antipasto..both were pretty good, I just didn't like the desert in mine..after our meal, I went to go ask a CM what time people start lining up and were should I go...our tickets put us in the Blue section...they said around 7pm people will start making a line right by the park...so we just hung out in that area till the big mob of people starting forming and we got in that....I would say we finally got let in about 7:30...I wanted to be toward the back and right by a railing so no one could really be in front of us...The spot where I wanted turned out to be in the green section so that didn't work...people were crowding the front areas it was crazy..we headed toward the back section to the side and we parked it there right by the railing...that turned out to be a great spot...we could see everything and no one blocking us...we did have this gazebo thing kind of in front of us but we could still see..

The preshow was really fun, gets everyone excited and helps the time to go by fast....the show itself is really awesome...just beautiful....we loved it all...the standing is the only negative but I can get over that...After the show was over we heading back to our room...becasue we had MM the next day and we need our sleep...by the way my daughter saw the pj's before we heading back to the park, and she thought that the maids had left them, lol...but she soon figured it out, and she just loved them...day two coming soon ;)

DLANDLUVR
07-03-2010, 05:20 PM
hahah...the maids...that sounds like so much fun though!! Im SO excited for my trip in 3 days! World of Color sounds fantastic and im sure it is! :)

Maresc
07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Love hearing the details of your trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. One question? Did you utilize the GC entrance by GRR on your second or third day to obtain WOC fp tickets? I heard they open it up to Disney Hotel guests a 1/2 hour earlier than the main entrance.

DLANDLUVR
07-04-2010, 01:23 PM
Love hearing the details of your trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip. One question? Did you utilize the GC entrance by GRR on your second or third day to obtain WOC fp tickets? I heard they open it up to Disney Hotel guests a 1/2 hour earlier than the main entrance.

That advantage didnt open until today :p

valorycabrera1971
07-27-2010, 01:37 PM
That sounds like fun....I am just looking forward to "hanging out" with my daughter and just being girls....I know we will have a great time:D

I so exicited for you, I hope you and you daughter have GREAT time. I'm(39) taking my mommy(58) to Disnyland in Oct for her Very 1st trip and I can not wait , I call her about every 10 days and talk about how much closer we are to the date, in fact I will be calling mom tonight and chatting. It great to have mommy & daughter time.