PDA

View Full Version : TXDISNEYMOM Summer 2010 - HoJo

txdisneymom
04-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I've never done a trip report before so be patient with me. We are in the Preplanning stage right now.

Travel dates: June 19-26, 2010
Travel method: Air (American from DFW to Orange Co.)
Resort: Howard Johnsons Anaheim
Accommodations: Standard Queen
Ages Represented in Group: 45, 40, 14, 6
Disney Resort Experience Represented in Group: Dad, Mom, DD - Several visits in 2001 through 2004, DS - one trip at 6 months old in 2004.
Cast of characters: Mom, Dad, DD (14), DS (6)

We used to live in CA and would go to DLR about twice a year. After our son was born we only got there one time for my daughters 8th birthday. We decided it's time to return to CA and show him everything he missed that his sister remembers.

While living there we always managed to go at off-peak times. This will be our first experience with summer crowds and I'm more than a little nervous about it. Have these nightmares about huge lines and not getting to see what we want to see.

So far here's what we have:

Arriving on Saturday, June 19th at Orange Co. around 10 a.m. We plan to use Super Shuttle to get us to the HoJo and drop off our luggage and then walk around Downtown Disney and hopefully get to swim in the pool by the afternoon. We need to get my son an autograph book and he is dying to get into the Lego store. We'll probably eat somewhere at DD for dinner.

Sunday - Wednesday --- Disney 4 day hoppers
Pick up rental car at Sheraton Convention Center Wednesday morning.

Thursday - Beach

Friday - Drive north of LA to visit where we used to live.

Saturday - Check out of hotel and fly to DFW at 3:30 p.m.

Lots more details to come as we make more plans.

Josh1116
04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
TXDisneymom,
Sounds like your trip is gonna be so much fun. Just be sure that for Saturday night if you wanna eat at DD to make reservations ahead of time to make sure your not waiting hours for a table. My opion is take the family to Rainforest Cafe and eat inside the kids will enjoy the show as well as adults.

txdisneymom
04-09-2010, 07:08 AM
TXDisneymom,
Sounds like your trip is gonna be so much fun. Just be sure that for Saturday night if you wanna eat at DD to make reservations ahead of time to make sure your not waiting hours for a table. My opion is take the family to Rainforest Cafe and eat inside the kids will enjoy the show as well as adults.

Thanks Josh. I'm planning to call and make PS reservations at Storytellers Cafe for dinner. Really a late lunch/early dinner time.

2ndStar2TheRight
04-12-2010, 12:30 PM
I would also suggest checking out Ridemax.com. Since you are going during the summer, it is the best possible way to maximize your time in the parks and spend the least amount of time in lines. I was not a believer until I tried it for our last trip in 2007. It is so worth it! Many people feel that they don't want to be on a "schedule" at Disneyland, but this software knows all the tricks to the Fastpass system. You can build in breaks for meals, shows, etc. so you have flexibility. It keeps you from wandering around and saying, "what are we going to do next?". You can use it for all four days, or just choose to do it for one or two days.