PDA

View Full Version : Disconnected Fastpasses

Ace
02-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Does anyone have the current list of fastpass machines that are 'disconnected'? thanks.

Napsto
02-22-2003, 07:12 PM
some are disconnected???????

DisneyFan25863
02-22-2003, 07:15 PM
I believe that the list is as follows:

Star Tours
Indana Joans
Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion Holiday [not regular]

Please correct me if I am wrong

Ace
02-22-2003, 07:16 PM
not disconnected, like not functional. in this sense disconnected (maybe that's not the word. I can't remember.) means that they don't count against anything but themselves.

example: if the haunted mansion is still 'disconnected' then you are able to get a haunted mansion fastpass at, say, 12:30 even if you have a splash mountain fastpass that begins at 1:30. It's like the haunted mansion fast pass machine lives in its own little world.

geez, I suck at explaining. help, please.

iAmJacksDLand
02-22-2003, 09:25 PM
I went to DCA over the packed holiday period and I found that most, if not all, of the fastpass machines were 'disconnected'. I thought that maybe they let people get a whole bunch of fastpasses cause it was so crowded.

So, is it what I think? Or is it a network error? Which leads to a greater question... where is the Fastpass computer? ...tempting...

DisneyFan25863
02-22-2003, 09:39 PM
Hey, I just realised somthing......If they say Matterhorn can't get Fastpass because it's too far from a FastPass station, why don't they just make is disconnected? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

zapppop
02-22-2003, 10:28 PM
These are the attractions that are disconnected from the system:

Star Tours
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Pirates Of The Caribbean
The Haunted Mansion
Autopia (?)

MickeyD
02-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
some are disconnected???????

See what happens when you go out and get lives people??? You miss big Disneyland news all the time. I'll bet he even said to Napstosgirl, "Gee sweetie, I wonder why there's a big fence around the Rivers of America." And in DCA, "hmm, I wonder what that big tower thingie is going to be?"

SoCalDisneyLover
02-23-2003, 07:44 AM
I just wanted to state that Haunted Mansion is No Longer Disconnected. My friend and I got a FP for it yesterday, and then tried to get one for Big Thunder, but were denied until the window opened on HM. They obviously did not Re-Disconnect it from the system when they took down the Holiday version.

Ace
02-23-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
These are the attractions that are disconnected from the system:

Star Tours
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Pirates Of The Caribbean
The Haunted Mansion
Autopia (?)

thank you.

DisneyFan25863
02-23-2003, 08:27 AM
I do not believe that Autopia is disconnected

Tink0706
02-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Are any of the rides at DCA disconnected?

refurbmike
02-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Haunted Mansion has been re-connected to the FP system.

Roger, Star Tours, and POTC remain "detached."

mousey_girl
02-25-2003, 07:50 PM
As of Feb 1st, Soarin' was disconnected. However, the CM manning the info booth near the entrance had no idea what I was talking about when I asked her if it was still disconnected from the rest. On a whim I got 3 FP's for Soarin' then went to GRR to see if it would let me, it was in teh direction we were heading and worth a shot. It worked, I was able to get our FP's for it too. The return times were both an hour or so later, within 15 mins of each other.

Darkbeer
02-25-2003, 08:00 PM
I think you will find out that it was GRR that was disconnected, not Soarin'.

If you went in this order, Soarin, GRR and then Screamin'. Soarin' was your normal FP, GRR was the disconnected FP, and then you would have been not allowed a Screamin' due to having another regular FP (Soarin').

zapppop
02-25-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm going to DL friday afternoon.
I'll let you know which ones are connected when I get back late friday night/early saturday morning.

stitcher
02-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
As of Feb 1st, Soarin' was disconnected. However, the CM manning the info booth near the entrance had no idea what I was talking about when I asked her if it was still disconnected from the rest.

Two theories on that:

1. She was telling the truth and had nop idea what you were talking about, inwhich case, she needs to get a clue. From my understanding Soarin' has been on it's own for some time now.

2. She knew what you were talking about and tried to deny it in the interest of Fastpass availability. This does no good because someone who knows little or nothing about Fastpass will accidentally come across this, while they have one for say Grizzly, and then wonder why they can't get a separate Fastpass for each attraction. To play dumb, or deny that Soarin' is "disconnected", would only confuse them more. At least that has been my experience when explaining Fastpass to other guests.

Darkbeer
02-25-2003, 11:51 PM
On DCA's second birthday earlier this month, Soarin was connected, and it has been connected for about a year. It used to be disconnected, but they switched it to GRR.

Second, most Cast Members really don't understand how the FastPass system really works, and Disney doesn't tell them anymore than what is said on the Park's maps, and what they say in their offical description of the FastPass system. The fact that some FastPass attractions are in a network, and others aren't is not something Disney acknowledges. It was something that some regular guests figured out.

So I would believe the story that the CM had no idea what disconnected meant. In fact, I might be the one who came up with the term "disconnected", though I am not sure. I started to use it on the websites, since I figured that most users would understand basic computer terms.

mousey_girl
02-26-2003, 05:12 AM
Thank you for the clarification. All I am sure of is that I was able to get FP's for both rides. We never really bother with Screaming because the line (when there is one) tends to move pretty quickly. GRR moves too, but since I seldom ride it, getting a FP means that I don't have to wait as long for my husband and The Boy.

After waiting in the standby line for Soarin' I promised myself I would never do that again. The line was inside the show building and it was still 30 mins.

Wizard69
02-26-2003, 11:52 AM
I have a friend who works at Soarin and she told me that Soarin' is disconnected. It always has been since park opening.

Darkbeer
02-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Simple test, next time you are at DCA, pick your favorite out of the two, either Soarin' or Screamin'. Get that FastPass, then go immediately to the other ride. Try and get a FastPass. You will get the Sorry, another FastPass will be available at XX:XX. If you don't, please let us know....