PDA

View Full Version : Troubador Tavern (formerly Enchanted Cottage) now open

cstephens
11-19-2009, 12:04 PM
D23 just posted this pic (http://twitpic.com/q50rf) saying that Troubador Tavern (wonder if it's really spelled that way or if D23 got it wrong) is now open. It's the place formerly known as Enchanted Cottage, by the Fantasyland Theatre.

mechurchlady
11-19-2009, 01:08 PM
http://twitpic.com/q50rf
It is open, spelling is as D23 said and it is bratwurst and baked potatoes.
Now to see how they handle special diets. Time for a trip to check out the spuds.

===================
In the WDW Magic Kingdom there was a Troubador Tavern that sold Welch's products from 1971 until 1993, when it became Hook's Tavern, which sold chips and beverages. It was located where the FASTPASS machines are currently for Peter Pan's Flight.

Gandalf
11-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Baked potatoes sound pretty good right about now. i don't think we've seen them anywhere else @ the Resort. Did they post a price level for them? Potatoes will be right up there with the soup bowls if we can carry them to watch Fantasmic or the Fireworks. Wonder if they'll expand the toppings offered.

darph nader
11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
I found this place on my last trip 2yrs ago, 20mins after it closed. :crying:

Malcon10t
11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
D23 just posted this pic (http://twitpic.com/q50rf) saying that Troubador Tavern (wonder if it's really spelled that way or if D23 got it wrong) is now open. It's the place formerly known as Enchanted Cottage, by the Fantasyland Theatre.Thanks for the update!! Baked potatoes sound good right about now. This weekend, we will only have 1 day in the park, so much new, so little time!

dawnid
11-20-2009, 10:52 AM
My son used to work at that location why is it considered new? We're talking about the walk up service at the top of the "hill" next to the Princesses/Old Fantasyland Theater right? I'm confused. lol

Okay I think I answered my own question, they closed it to make the front match the Fantasy Faire and now they have reopened it. I get it now.

houseofmouse
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Is it only two things and drinks? Brats and potatoes?

mechurchlady
11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Bratwurst (pork) with sauerkraut served with apple slices or chips.
Baked potatoes with toppings, including broccoli, cheese, bacon, sour cream, butter and chives.
Barbecue chicken tenders.
Corn on the cob, buttered or chili lime.
Kid Power Pack

Micechat has the menu board here.
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/127540-enchanted-cottage-now-troubadour-tavern.html

I am hoping this is made on site thus allowing special diets to be accommodated. I would love to try the bratwurst, potato and corn. Dinner time for me if they can handle my dietary limitations.

11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Sweet it's back open. I kinda want to see what they did to it. I usally grab something to eat there if i'm with my cousion before we go into toon town.

nbaum
11-23-2009, 10:05 PM
My dad will be so happy!

cynthia312
11-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Dang it!! I went today and had no idea about this place! This would be a great place for snacks, or perhaps lunch even? I loveeee me some potatoes!! And that chili corn sounds good!!!! Prices are kind of like the fairs.

Darkbeer
12-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Actually D23 has it WRONG, it is Troubadour Tavern....

Signage went up on the facade this week

V.I.N.CENT.
12-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Had lunch at the tavern last week during my once-every-other-year visit. Was very impressed! Pretty good portion size for the price. I am a big potato fan, love chicken, and am nutz about barbecue so my opinion might be a bit jaded when it comes to a BBQ baked potato :) The children's "meal" was not impressive. More like a snack pack. We probably would have had lunch there each day if we visited eariler in the trip. Too bad they were not open for dinner :(

Like it way more than the Bengal BBQ this trip!

cynthia312
12-26-2009, 05:56 PM
This place was DELICIOUS! I had a broccoli and cheese baked potato and with my AP discount, it came out to be $6.16. Not bad at all and it got me really full.

kfreak
12-26-2009, 08:14 PM
This place was DELICIOUS! I had a broccoli and cheese baked potato and with my AP discount, it came out to be $6.16. Not bad at all and it got me really full.

How big was the potato?? Was it the same size as you would get at home?

cstephens
12-26-2009, 11:30 PM
We walked by the place today to have a look. They have corn on the cob there too (regular and chili-lime). I definitely want to give the place a try for a meal sometime.

destinationdisney
02-05-2010, 07:52 AM
They don"t sell chicken tenders! It's some awful, stringy pieces of chicken in a disgusting barbeque sauce that they put on top of a baked potato. I had an awful feeling I was eating the chicken they pulled off the bones of peoples leftovers from Thunder Ranch Celebration Barbecue !

TheTexasKid
04-26-2010, 02:26 PM
They don"t sell chicken tenders! It's some awful, stringy pieces of chicken in a disgusting barbeque sauce that they put on top of a baked potato. I had an awful feeling I was eating the chicken they pulled off the bones of peoples leftovers from Thunder Ranch Celebration Barbecue !

That's too bad about the barbecued chicken tenders, but I like the idea of making a meal of the baked potato w/ sour cream and chives and the corn on the cob w/ butter. Though, the corn on the cob w/ chili lime sounds interesting. And the last time I ate there, when it was still the Enchanted Cottage, the bratwurst w/ sauerkraut was fairly decent.

ScottC4746
04-30-2010, 11:42 AM
And here is the menu:
http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_tav.htm

cheshirecatgirl
04-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Since this re-opened, I have eaten here several times. I always get the BBQ chicken potato, and I think it's good. Not wonderful BBQ, but not bad at all.

It's a nice change from the standard fried food served at most places.