PDA

View Full Version : If your plans include ordering Pizza to your hotel for dinner

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Carina
08-20-2009, 12:39 AM
..... DON'T ORDER FROM PIZZA HUT!

I Ordered Pizza Hut from the lobby Computer at Hojo's.
I did so instead of useing the phone because I wanted to see the specials and use a gift card that I had specifially brought to use on this occasion ( ordered from mypoints.com) anyways I accidently put in the reservations # instead of the actual phone #

Well over an hour goes by (pizza should be here any moment) and the phone rings. Its Pizza hut essentially giving me heck for inputting the wrong phone # and telling me they can't use my giftcard at that location, but asking did I still want the pizza.

I was TICKED the pizza should have been there any min. and instead they hadn't even started it yet!
When I told them that was not cool at all they kept making excuses about me giving them the reservations # instead of the local hotel phone #. At which point I tell them that really all they would had to have done when they reached hojo's reservation line, was to hang up, grab a phone book look up the local hojo phone # and ask for me by the name on my pizza order. The entire process should have taken about 2 mins not the hour they claimed!

SO they want to know do I still want the pizza. At this point its now after 8 PM my kids are starving and although I'm ticked we still need to eat. And cold pizza was my lunch plan for the next day, so I say yes still bring the pizza.

OVER ANOTHER HOUR LATER our pizza finally shows up. I was livid I actually had to wake up one of my kids to eat. The pizza was stone cold. When I called the pizza hut, YET AGAIN to complain and ask for a refund they said they would only give back my money if I gave back the pizza, and that they were busy and had to deliver a bunch of other pizzas before mine. I told them my pizza was already an hour behind because of their incompotence, but they would not budge. I had to return the pizza to get money back. I wanted so bad to say come and get your fricken pizzas, but my kids HAD to eat something, it was nearly 9:30 PM at that point.

The moral of the story DO NOT ORDER FROM PIZZA HUT no one needs that kind of aggrivation on their holiday.

I realize some of you may think oh as long as I order on the phone I'll be fine, but I'll tell you their attitude from the get go was accusatory and rude over their supposed "hour" to track me down.

There was ZERO customer service, Try papa Johns or something!

ChurroGirl
08-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Isnt Pizza Hut one of the founders of, 30min or less or its free, policy?

I am really sorry that happened to you! I hate cold pizza!

Mom2
08-20-2009, 03:05 AM
That is a bummer, sorry to hear that happened to you!

I know how frustrating it is for it to get late and not find any restaurants at the park open and be starving!

adriennek
08-20-2009, 06:58 AM

I did so instead of useing the phone because I wanted to see the specials and use a gift card that I had specifially brought to use on this occasion ( ordered from mypoints.com) anyways I accidently put in the reservations # instead of the actual phone #

Well over an hour goes by (pizza should be here any moment) and the phone rings. Its Pizza hut essentially giving me heck for inputting the wrong phone # and telling me they can't use my giftcard at that location, but asking did I still want the pizza.

How did they call you if you put in a reservation number instead of a phone number?

Adrienne

mom2girls
08-20-2009, 07:04 AM
Isn't it rule number one that the customer is always right? Hmmmm. good to know.

Malcon10t
08-20-2009, 07:30 AM
On the other hand, we have ordered a couple times from Round Table and had it delivered. It takes a little longer (maybe an hour delivery time) and costs a little more, but the pizza is always fantastic.

disneylandgirl
08-20-2009, 07:39 AM
How did they call you if you put in a reservation number instead of a phone number?

Adrienne

I guess it took them an hour to figure out how to look up the local hotel number. :eyeroll:

Bummer this happened.

I used to work at a pizza place. I've seen the not so smart workers come and go... LOL.

Carina
08-20-2009, 08:24 AM

Adrienne

THey "claim" they were in touch with reservations for the better part of an hour tracking me down

I DID have the hotel address and my room number, so honestly it would have been 2 mins with a phone book ( they knew it was HoJo's because of the reservation #) to track me down. It was all baloney!

I really just wanted you all to know, because I'm sure many of you Order Pizza on your trip, and it is GREAT for leftovers to get 2 meals out of one, but NO ONE wants that kind of greif

They wouldnt even connect me with a Manager and on my second phone call ( when i was asking for a refund) they put the delivery driver on the phone to argue with me / defend himself over the length of time to deliver and the coldness of the pizza.

All in all it was a total gong show and NOT something you guys want to be a part of!

candles71
08-20-2009, 08:42 AM
We never give the hotel"s phone number when ordering, we use our cell phone numbers. (I have never ordered from a pizza hut). I am sorry you are/were frustrated, and the kids were hungry. From the other side of things, they can't/shouldn't make a pizza that can't be paid for. The waste adds to the food cost which if too high raises the price of everything. But an hour is excessive to track you down. I am also a little confused why a giftcard couldn't be used over the phone?

Churrogirl- I don't remember Pizza hut giving the 30 min promise. Dominos does.

CariBelle
08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
What was the reason they gave you for declining the gift card? A pizza hut gift card should work anywhere! I'd be sure to file a formal complaint when you get home.

nflguy007
08-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Wow.

Where to start?

I think its pretty crazy that you order over the website, which is pretty much anonymous, while inputting the incorrect phone number which directs the Pizza place to a reservation hot line, and expect them to jump though hoops to find you?

I delivered pizzas in high school for 3 years. This would have been ignored as a bogus order without any hesitation. We averaged 2 - 3 bogus orders a night... prank calls/false e-mails/no answers... especially from hotels. We wouldn't even have tried to look you up at the hotel/call around to find you. I'm very surprised they did, and I think that is a start to GREAT customer service. Finding there are four HoJo's within 10 miles of Disneyland, but instead of being happy, or at least understanding of the situation you caused, you got upset and started complaining at them for the situation. Its not a surprise that none of them wanted to deliver the pizza to you, and when it finally did arrive, it was cold (and probably spit on).

Then to call them back, and demand a refund, laughable... and to blame the fact that it started out being an hour late on account of their in "incompotence" (I prefer incompetence) is PRICELESS.

The easy message here is to make sure you use the correct phone number when you order pizza.

The "moral" to the story should be: Be accountable for your own actions.

candles71
08-20-2009, 09:36 AM
What was the reason they gave you for declining the gift card? A pizza hut gift card should work anywhere! I'd be sure to file a formal complaint when you get home.

It all depends on who they are owned by. The Starbucks in Universal City Walk can take my gift card but can't load it. The Starbucks inside the Airport Marriott in San Francisco couldn't even take my gift card.

adriennek
08-20-2009, 09:45 AM
while inputting the incorrect phone number which directs the Pizza place to a reservation hot line, and expect them to jump though hoops to find you?

I delivered pizzas in high school for 3 years. This would have been ignored as a bogus order without any hesitation. We averaged 2 - 3 bogus orders a night... prank calls/false e-mails/no answers... especially from hotels. We wouldn't even have tried to look you up at the hotel/call around to find you. I'm very surprised they did, and I think that is a start to GREAT customer service. Finding there are four HoJo's within 10 miles of Disneyland, but instead of being happy, or at least understanding of the situation you caused, you got upset and started complaining at them for the situation. Its not a surprise that none of them wanted to deliver the pizza to you, and when it finally did arrive, it was cold (and probably spit on).

I think that the original situation was obviously frustrating and I think it's really unfortunate that the whole thing went down, but I have to agree with a bit of this post--

The pizza place had to figure out which hotel to contact out of four. In between taking phone orders and walk-in orders and ringing up customers and sending out drivers. Then they had to call the hotels (we don't know how many,) and deal with being on hold with the hotels while they dealt with their customers and answered the pizza place's questions. I just know that many times when I call businesses, I get asked to hold while they figure things out or deal with other customers until it's my 'turn'. So I can see that it could take a lot longer than 2 minutes to track down a customer.

I'm sorry that you were frustrated. I truly am.

Adrienne

Ginj
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Gosh that really sucks! I would of been soooooo mad. I will never order from them even if I want pizza really bad! Thanks for the heads up.

We ordered from Dominos one time and it was not the best pizza but it was fast delivery.

skaterbell
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I'm very surprised they did, and I think that is a start to GREAT customer service.

Agreed. I probably would have been frustrated about the whole situation, which no doubt would have been increased by hunger and fatigue from a long day in the parks. But, the frustration would be directed at myself for providing incorrect info and not catching it before I submitted my order.

Pizza Hut is not to blame here. It's very unfortunate that they are getting a bad rap when they did go out of their way to contact you and verify that you still wanted the pizza if you couldn't use the gift card! Some may have said no thank you. They have no way of knowing if you have another way to pay for those pizzas without calling first. Not good customer service to show up and expect a different kind of payment than you originally indicated on the order!

MammaSilva
08-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Just catching up here but I have to share my experience with Pizza Hut while at the resort...we ordered online several times while staying at the Tropicana, our service was excellent, our orders arrived in the time promised online...it gives you a delivery window, and our driver was courteous and professional. I know that all gift cards say at participating locations and those earned by rewards programs aren't always accepted which I do agree stinks if you're counting on them budget wise.

I'm sorry your experience stink stank stunk but overall I have to give Pizza Hut props for the customer service we've received over several years worth of trips.

Malcon10t
08-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Gosh that really sucks! I would of been soooooo mad. I will never order from them even if I want pizza really bad! Thanks for the heads up.Be aware, most pizza delivery to the DLR area takes more time than it does to your home. I always plan for a minimum of an hour for delivery to a hotel room. Often, I find it easier to drive and pick up. From Hojo's, you could walk to the Fairfield and pick up Pizza Hut.

DisneylandDad
08-20-2009, 01:02 PM

So before PH even got the order they were at a disadvantage by being provided the wrong info, okay.

I would have been pretty surprised and a bit thankful to even hear from PH at this point based on my having provided the wrong contact info to them.

I was TICKED the pizza should have been there any min. and instead they hadn't even started it yet!

I would have decided if I wanted to wait or not and knowing I could not use the intended gift card I probably would have chose a quicker alternative.

When I told them that was not cool at all they kept making excuses about me giving them the reservations # instead of the local hotel phone #. At which point I tell them that really all they would had to have done when they reached hojo's reservation line, was to hang up, grab a phone book look up the local hojo phone # and ask for me by the name on my pizza order. The entire process should have taken about 2 mins not the hour they claimed!

SO they want to know do I still want the pizza. At this point its now after 8 PM my kids are starving and although I'm ticked we still need to eat. And cold pizza was my lunch plan for the next day, so I say yes still bring the pizza.

I am also sorry you had a bad experience, I really am. To lay the blame for the entire situation on PH is going a bit far IMO though. The pizza arriving cold, not good, but the rest of the stuff was probably avoidable had the order been placed right from the start.

We use gift cards from many different places all the time and most do have the kind of disclaimer that MammaSilva talked about. Because of that, we would not place an online order and assume the card would be accepted. I understand you wanted to see the menu, fine, but after seeing it and deciding what you wanted to order, you probably should have called to make sure the card would be honored. you could have got the order taken care of and made sure your card was good at that location.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and hopefully nobody else will have to deal with what you did.

ChurroGirl
08-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Churrogirl- I don't remember Pizza hut giving the 30 min promise. Dominos does.

Nice, thanks for the claification.

AlbertaMinnie
08-20-2009, 02:29 PM
That's really too bad....I know how frustrated you can get especially when you are hungry. For next time can I suggest Papa Johns? They have delivered to our hotels on Harbor and they arrive fast, hot and yummy. Or....This last trip we stayed at GCH and got a pizza to go from Nappolinis in DTD and WOW it was the most amazing pizza I have ever tasted. Next time I will definately grab another one to take back to my hotel whether it be onsite or on Harbor.

Mom2
08-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I had posted in another thread about pizza delivery. I actually ended up putting the phone numbers of all of the delivery places in my phone to call them directly instead of ordering online. If anyone plans to order, I would think that might prevent any issues like Carina dealt with due to the phone number/address/gift card. I plan to pay over the phone, ask how long the wait will be, mention the hotel name and address and meet them downstairs in the lobby. Personally I love Pizza Hut and although I feel bad she had hungry kids she had to wak up, if we are hungry and do order, I will probably still order from them and take the chance. I will be sure to post about their service here when I return.

Carina
08-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Just to go back tot he poster that said they would have had to figure out which one of 4 HoJo's I was at, as mentioned in my previos post I had Name, And Address and room Number on the order

Rockchalker
08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
I would have pulled out the phone book and ordered from somewhere else, gift certificate or not, who's right, who's wrong, etc.

After your less than pleasant phone conversations with Pizza Hut, weren't you at all worried that something "extra" might be included in your pizza? :eek: Guess I have seen too many those hidden camera shows.

Doesn't Mimi's do takeout?

nflguy007
08-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Just to go back tot he poster that said they would have had to figure out which one of 4 HoJo's I was at, as mentioned in my previos post I had Name, And Address and room Number on the order

Sure it wasn't the address to the reservations center? :rolleyes

Keep blaming them; if it makes you feel better.

Just do it someplace else.

cstephens
08-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Keep blaming them; if it makes you feel better.

Just do it someplace else.

I do think there's responsibility to go around for the mishap, but that tone of voice and dismissiveness is completely uncalled for and unnecessary.