PDA

View Full Version : DL Birthday Experience

Pages : [1] 2

heatherya
08-19-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm not asking about the Celebrate experience that's going on...this is more general.

I've been to DLR for a few of my birthdays, so I know a some of what happens when you go on your birthday...the pin, everyone wishing you a happy birthday, the pack of tortillas in CA. I'm wondering what else people have experienced for their birthdays...we're taking our kids there in February for their 3rd and 1st birthdays (6 days apart) and I'm wondering what else we can share with them. So any fun birthday experiences out there?

3Princesses1Prince
08-19-2009, 08:09 PM
There is the Pat E Cake birthday celebration. You get to frost and decorate you own little cake and Mickey sings happy birthday. It's $16/person.

Malcon10t
08-19-2009, 08:38 PM
So any fun birthday experiences out there?If you do a lunch/dinner at one of the restaurants, you can have Disney do a cake. This cake was HUGE and was actually what I considered reasonably priced!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/Malcon10t/BirthdayCake.jpg

Boo's Mommy
08-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Malcon10t, could you send me info on ordering the cakes? I may want to do that this next trip! TYIA!

disneylandkitty
08-19-2009, 09:13 PM
when u get the birthday button city hall and guest relations have a phone there if u ask the cast member they will put goofy on the phone and he will have a birthday wish something fun for the kids.

Another thing u can do if ur kids our into trains ask at the main st station to rife with the engineers. Only two at a time so u and one kid can go first and then the other kid and the other parent can do it next.

Jenasweetemotion
08-19-2009, 09:26 PM
My birthday is in Feb also, we where there for it this year. It was my first time celebrating a birthday at Disneyland and did so, because I have a AP and was able to get the birthday fun card. When I arrived at Paradise Pier and they where informed it was my birthday they upgraded our room to a theme park view and had Mickey rice crispies with chocolate delivered the first night we were there. On my actual birthday my mom, brother and boyfriend had arranged with guest services and had a Mickey birthday cake, balloons and a princess treasure box delivered to the room I was so shocked, housekeeping saw the balloons and came back to give me a birthday cake made out of washcloths and ribbon. As if the day could not get better we where walking down Mainstreet and saw the barbershop quartet singing and stopped to watch, one of the guys asked my mom what we where celebrating because he saw the pins, my mom said my daughters birthday they said oh we have a special song for you, they asked me my name and in the middle of Mainstreet sang happy birthday Jena. It was such a magical birthday and everything was special I don't think I will ever forget it. I think being at Disneyland for a birthday is special enough, I have heard about Pat-e-cakes and that might be fun to do. Also if you are staying at a resort hotel ask about balloons are a cake to be delivered that way they would walk into the room and be surprised.
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/picture.php?albumid=369&pictureid=2890

ChurroGirl
08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Another thing u can do if ur kids our into trains ask at the main st station to rife with the engineers. Only two at a time so u and one kid can go first and then the other kid and the other parent can do it next.

This is called a Tinder Ride. And I have seen 3 people at one time do it. They have a little bench seat and another seat I couldnt see where but there grown women did it at once.

The only time you are unable to do it is when they need fuel or the engine is having a problem. And it is all at the engineers disgretion as to if they will have riders. But seeing as its your boys birthdays I am sure they would let you!

heatherya
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
oh thanks for the responses! that cake looks amazing! and now that it was mentioned...i think my sister did that pat e cake thing with my neice when she turned one. i'll ask her about that. and maybe the AP rates won't be too bad in february and i can talk my husband into staying at the DLH :)

mechurchlady
08-20-2009, 01:24 AM
The tender ride is only on 2 of the 5 locomotives and they are the two reproductions that Walt Disney had made in the 1950's. It is fun and the limitation is the size of the seat. Me and Calvin did it but we were too big and it was a pain. They might be able to do an adult and two kids if they are able to squeeze in. If they are not running one of those two locomotives then no tender rides.

disneylandgirl
08-20-2009, 06:32 AM
we're taking our kids there in February for their 3rd and 1st birthdays (6 days apart)

My birthday is in Feb also, we where there for it this year.

Another Feb. birthday here! I was there Feb. 1st and 2nd of this year. :D (My b.day is the 2nd) And I hope to go back next year!

heatherya
08-20-2009, 07:27 AM
we'll actually be there for my husband's bday too...my daughter is the 5th, hubby is the 9th, and my son is the 11th...crazy! too bad we can't go for my bday which is just 2 wks before my daughter's lol.

hlr8705
08-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Lilly Belle is always a fun thing to do, just ask. You may have to wait a few trains but its worth asking about...

3Princesses1Prince
08-20-2009, 10:26 AM
If you do a lunch/dinner at one of the restaurants, you can have Disney do a cake. This cake was HUGE and was actually what I considered reasonably priced!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q133/Malcon10t/BirthdayCake.jpg

Malcon10t, could you send me info on ordering the cakes? I may want to do that this next trip! TYIA!

Me too! If we can't get into ESPN for DHs bday I would like to do this!

Jenasweetemotion
08-20-2009, 10:35 AM
If I remember correctly you call the disney dinning number and they will take care of it, and let you know what the prices are. that is what my mom did.

heatherya
08-20-2009, 12:17 PM
what can you do at espn for birthdays? my hubby might like that...he's a sports freak lol! and what can you do with the lilly belle?

MouseVII
08-20-2009, 12:58 PM
what can you do with the lilly belle?I don't know if they do anything special for your bday, but if you're lucky they may let you ride in it for one lap around the park. I think you can only ask at Main St. Station. Definitely something that's on my to do list.

Malcon10t
08-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Me too! If we can't get into ESPN for DHs bday I would like to do this!Call Disney Dining. 714-781-3463 They will deliver to the hotel restaurants, so if you do ESPNZone they might deliver there too. They offer various cakes (no longer have the Mickey Head cake) and the picture above is the smallest.

mechurchlady
08-20-2009, 03:29 PM
what can you do at espn for birthdays? my hubby might like that...he's a sports freak lol! and what can you do with the lilly belle?
The Lily Belle is a private coach on the back of the trains that is not always available.

At ESPN they have upstairs an arcade with sports games. The best time I had there was in the Barcolounger. They have a giant of screens with various sports going on and a row of loungers that guests sit in and can set the channel so they hear what ever game they are watching. Imagine just like at home but with a waitress and full bar. The lady's room has television screens so you do not miss sports. They have bars with screens and more sports. There is a minimum age of 18 last time I checked.

MickeyDogMom
08-20-2009, 08:11 PM
They have bars with screens and more sports. There is a minimum age of 18 last time I checked.

To sit at the bar you must be 21 (meaning on the stools). Anywhere else in the "Zone" you can be any age. My 4, 5, and 6 year old cousins LOVED it! After dinner we went to the racing area. They liked bowling and racing the best. I have a video of one of my cousins racing the video car. She sounds like a maniacal 4 year old. It is SOOOO funny.

mechurchlady
08-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't go there any more as this year there was not much gluten free and soy free food to justify the cost of the food. I do miss the place and ESPN Zone was one of my favorite DTD places to eat.

Glad that kids are allowed in there and the games are so much fun.

DisneyFunFamily4
08-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Call Disney Dining. 714-781-3463 They will deliver to the hotel restaurants, so if you do ESPNZone they might deliver there too. They offer various cakes (no longer have the Mickey Head cake) and the picture above is the smallest.

was the cake yummy? I think I'll call tomorrow and get one for DD on Saturday... do you mind if I ask how much is was? we got the treasure chest cake at Ariels in july for the other DD and it tasted horrible, thats why I ask about the taste, but it looks good...

Thanks

Malcon10t
08-20-2009, 09:19 PM
was the cake yummy? I think I'll call tomorrow and get one for DD on Saturday... do you mind if I ask how much is was? we got the treasure chest cake at Ariels in july for the other DD and it tasted horrible, thats why I ask about the taste, but it looks good...

ThanksThe cake was $35, and it tasted GREAT!!!!!!! I ordered through Club 33, but it was my understanding it came from the same bakery that does the hotel restaurant cakes. MDM can attest to the taste, as she ate it for breakfast the next day, and off and on since then! Everyone that had a slice commented on how GREAT it was.

DisneyFunFamily4
08-20-2009, 09:25 PM
The cake was $35, and it tasted GREAT!!!!!!! I ordered through Club 33, but it was my understanding it came from the same bakery that does the hotel restaurant cakes. MDM can attest to the taste, as she ate it for breakfast the next day, and off and on since then! Everyone that had a slice commented on how GREAT it was.
Thanks, your quick!!! I'm calling tomorrow and ordering one, It'll totally surprise DD, she'll be excited!! So jealous that you went to C33 but maybe someday, a girl can dream... Glad you had fun.... Your dogs are so cute!!

MammaSilva
08-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Just another tidbit on the cakes, since you're staying on property Room service can deliver the cake to your room when you want and will be about 35 dollars including surcharge and tip...we had one delivered to our room and one delivered to Steakhouse 55...6" cake is the smallest they offer and it's plenty big enough for everyone...and they are delicious! Club 33 is the only restaurant in the parks you can have a real cake delivered right now...they announced plans for other locations in the parks but that hasn't been implemented yet (we wanted the one cake delivered to the Celebration BBQ) but were really glad we had it in the room when we saw how much cake was left.

Malcon10t
08-20-2009, 10:16 PM
6" cake is the smallest they offer and it's plenty big enough for everyone...and they are delicious!Is there a 6"? When I asked they said the smallest was a 10". Believe me, I wanted SMALLER. But, 4 days later, its ALMOST finished. I hope there is a 6", I will order that for my birthday.