PDA

View Full Version : DL Birthday Experience

Pages : 1 [2]

MammaSilva
08-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Here is a picture of one of ours...the two cakes were both 6" the candle we brought from home and I paid 4.50 for the chocolate Mickey..the thumbnail is clickable for a bigger view.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/dizdame55/august%2009%20disney%20trip/th_20090814_138.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v477/dizdame55/august%2009%20disney%20trip/?action=view&current=20090814_138.jpg)

Maybe at the Club they only offer a 10" but if you go thru Disney dine you can get 6, 8 or 10

Malcon10t
08-20-2009, 10:42 PM
That is PERFECT size! What did they charge for the smaller cake? Love that cake!

MammaSilva
08-20-2009, 10:45 PM
For room service delivery it was $35 including the surcharge and tip and the Mickey figurine...delivered at SH55 same exact cake...was 20 and some change and we got the AP discount because it was listed on the dinner bill ...I'm just saying.

Sansarc
08-26-2009, 07:57 PM
When I made our reservations for the Disneyland Hotel (without a package deal, just straight hotel reservations), I told them that we would be celebrating a birthday. They said a bouquet of balloons "might" be delivered to the room, depending on availability and how many guests were checking in that day, etc. I called to confirm this the day before our arrival, and they said, yes -- and even checked my reservation for me, repeating back all of my original information (age of my son, exact birthday,etc.) They told me again that a balloon bouquet and a rice krispy treat, photograph, or chocolates would be in the room when we checked in. But the thing is -- after we DID check in, nothing was in the room at all. We went to the parks, but when we got back a few hours later -- still nothing. So I called. I explained what I had happened, and that night, the balloons appeared in our room with a signed photo of Goofy. My son was really happy and excited, but I felt worn out from all the effort! Later I wondered why it was so hard to arrange this when in fact, it had been originally suggested to me by the reservation person. Either way, the balloons lasted for two days and they really made my son happy.

Teddi
08-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Mamma and Mal both of your cakes were adorable!

You know the actual info on the DL website is SO not descriptive it doesn't help much at all and it says still you can get the cakes at any table service restaurant. That's a real bummer if you were hoping to add it to a in park character dining.

Is Pat-E-Cake's considered DINING or can the birthday fun cards be used for it?

spookykitten
09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm taking my best friend to DLR for her birthday on the 24th and wanted to ask if there are any free things I can do there to make her day extra special other than getting the birthday button. I want to do everything I can to make sure she has a great day since she usually has terrible bdays.

Malcon10t
09-20-2009, 01:40 PM
I've merged your thread with another recent one on the same topic. Hopefully you find some ideas from it.

spookykitten
09-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I've merged your thread with another recent one on the same topic. Hopefully you find some ideas from it.

My apologies for the duplicate thread. Thank you for redirecting it to the existing one. These are great ideas, but I don't have too much money at the moment. Any suggestions on super cheap or free bday ideas would be greatly appreciated. :D

Malcon10t
09-20-2009, 04:53 PM
My apologies for the duplicate thread. Thank you for redirecting it to the existing one. These are great ideas, but I don't have too much money at the moment. Any suggestions on super cheap or free bday ideas would be greatly appreciated. :DThe Birthday Pin, the free tortillas at the Mission Factory (they only give 3, not a dozen now), the tender ride on the train, ask to ride the Lilly Belle if it is out that day, wear her pin around the Dapper Dans, if you do a sit down dinner, they will bring a cupcake.

heatherya
09-20-2009, 06:29 PM
the free tortillas at the Mission Factory (they only give 3, not a dozen now)

nooooooo!!! when did they change that? that was our favorite thing :(

Malcon10t
09-20-2009, 06:33 PM
nooooooo!!! when did they change that? that was our favorite thing :(That was what it was the beginning of Sept when I got mine. They had baggies of 3 and handed you 1 for right then.

Bytebear
09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't know exactly how it works, but you can get a birthday call from a character (I think Goofy). I went to the First Aid to get some aspirin, and the lady set it up for me with her office phone, but you can do it yourself too I think. Anyone know the details? It was fun for me, and a total surprise.

quackinup
09-20-2009, 07:26 PM
That was what it was the beginning of Sept when I got mine. They had baggies of 3 and handed you 1 for right then.

It's been a little while since I've gone in but I've never been given anything beyond one. How long were they giving a dozen?

heatherya
09-20-2009, 08:01 PM
the last time we got any (a bag of 10 i thought it was) was on my daughters 13 month birthday...so that was march 5 2008. we weren't planning on doing it then but a CM asked how old she was and i said "13 months today" and he gave her a birthday pin...so we took advantage of that lol! anyways, so it was a while ago...

Jenasweetemotion
09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
That was what it was the beginning of Sept when I got mine. They had baggies of 3 and handed you 1 for right then.
That is what I got in February for my birthday :)

spookykitten
09-20-2009, 08:46 PM
the free tortillas at the Mission Factory (they only give 3, not a dozen now)

Back in February, for my bday, I got 3 or 4 tortillas in a baggie. Since my friend's free ticket will only be for one park, I might nab her pin and go to DCA and get the free tortillas for her since I have an AP.

quackinup
09-21-2009, 07:30 AM
It's been a little while since I've gone in but I've never been given anything beyond one. How long were they giving a dozen?

Ok, I wasn't paying attention to the thread topic when I posted this. The dozen (now 3) was on your birthday. Duh! :eyeroll: