PDA

View Full Version : Communication

DisneyDoig
08-19-2009, 01:50 PM
As a Canadian going to Disneyland in September, does anyone have suggestions on the best ways of communicating to other members of their party while in the park? I hear that Canadian cell phones have expensive roaming fees when out of the country?

ChurroGirl
08-19-2009, 04:53 PM
We have seen alot of people use walkie-talkies. That could help? I think you can find some goodones at Target or something for under 30$.

MammaSilva
08-19-2009, 06:13 PM
As a Canadian going to Disneyland in September, does anyone have suggestions on the best ways of communicating to other members of their party while in the park? I hear that Canadian cell phones have expensive roaming fees when out of the country?

How many groups? You can purchase 'gophones' from AT&T or some other pay as you go phone once you arrive in Anaheim from either Target or Walmart near the park.

madmaxx
08-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Cell roaming from Canadian carriers isn't all that bad if you plan ahead. Rogers offers a fixed minutes plan, one month plan, or SMS-only plan that you can buy ahead of time that allows roaming for a phone for the duration of a trip. We use it when traveling in the the US, and it can be had for as little as CAD$20/month. Contact your provider for details.