PDA

View Full Version : Graph for year-round DL census?

wenidog
08-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I have read through the thread for "when to visit/will it be busy...", which is quite lenghty and mishmashed with info. Is there a bar graph or pie chart somewhere with the average census for each week in Disneyland throughout a year? I know Thanksgiving weekend is the busiest of the year, but when does the spike in census occur? The weekend before, or the actual Thanksgiving day through that weekend? Thanks for the redirect!

disneylandgirl
08-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I think Christmas, NYE, and 4th of July top Thanksgiving...

3Princesses1Prince
08-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah the week between Xmas and NY is the busiest.

Malcon10t
08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I know Thanksgiving weekend is the busiest of the year, but when does the spike in census occur? The weekend before, or the actual Thanksgiving day through that weekend? Thanks for the redirect!The peak starts on Wed usually and continues through the weekend.

But, it is not the busiest of the year. NYE generally gets that award.

Bytebear
08-20-2009, 08:57 AM
I think this may be what you are looking for.

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/atend.htm

The graph is a little old, so i suspect the crowds around Halloween may be higher, and the various APs and seasonal discounts may alter things a bit now.

wenidog
08-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks everyone! I specifically wanted to know the exact peak spike day, Malcon10t:), the link was helpful too.

We usually go the second week in December, so I am worried the crowd will be drastically different and my husband will freak out. It costs so much more this year, and way more than two years ago (for us out-of-towners.) I bet the increase over the past few years is around 20-30%. So, we'll see if any more deals appear in the next month or so. But, thanks all!