PDA

View Full Version : Airport Shuttle

ThomasandTiff
08-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey All
Thomas and I moved outta Socal and now we are flying to Disneyland! What hotels in the area offer an airport shuttle to/from Orange County/Santa Ana airport?
Also, do the Disneyland Hotels offer one? We might be staying there when we get there and then staying somewhere else when we leave :) Thanks!

Darkbeer
08-19-2009, 10:30 AM
No Hotels in the Anaheim/Garden Grove resort area offers any sort of shuttle to any of the airports in the area.

Your main choices are the Disneyland Express Airport Bus, operated by Gray Line. This is the service that the Walt Disney Travel Company sells with its Disneyland Travel packages. (Note, it is an add-on at extra cost).

But I think in most cases, with 3 or more folks, just getting a taxi from the airport is the best choice, about $45 plus tip each way.

Of course, there are other options from the airport, such as Shuttle Vans, but all require a fee.

As for local shuttles, the Three Disney owned hotels offer no sort of shuttles, even to its parks main entrance.

Once again, if you have luggage, your best bet is taking a taxi to the new location.

http://graylineanaheim.com/airport_info.shtml

DizMe
08-19-2009, 01:08 PM
For 2 people I'd do Super Shuttle (supershuttle.com). It's very inexpensive--$10 pp/each way. If you use a coupon code and reserve it online, it's only $7 pp each way. I use code UYR59 but here are some other options: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/supershuttle.com

Note that the UYR59 code will only give you $3 off per person by entering each person separately. It didn't used to be that way and you are supposed to get the discount per person, not per party, but for whatever reason you now have to do them separately or it will only give you a per-party discount. It's very easy, though, because it saves all of your info and you just have to go back and put in the other person's name. You'll be in the same shuttle so you don't have to worry about that.

I always pay the tip online as well so I don't have to worry about money when I'm there.

Having 2 different hotels shouldn't be a problem. You'll be asked where to drop off and where to pick up. Just be sure to enter the hotel name and not the zip code when asked for the pick up/drop off info. If you put in a zip code you will get a much higher rate quote.