PDA

View Full Version : What is Magic Morning?

Dana Scarborough
08-16-2009, 02:45 PM
I know it is Fantasy Land...but what makes it special...what days...what to do...where to eat after?
I could use all the skinny - advice...

MammaSilva
08-16-2009, 03:26 PM
Magic Mornings are on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. People with the tickets allowing them MM or on property guests are allowed into the park an hour prior to posted Disneyland park opening time. Most of the Fantasyland attractions are included as well as Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and sometimes the Finding Nemo sub attraction but not always. People find that it is a great way to get the highly popular attractions such as Peter Pans flight and Dumbo out of the way before the general public is allowed into the parks an hour later. Fast pass machines do not work during that hour so you can't get a head start on them but you can work it to your advantage if you're on the ball...if you are in Tomorrowland right at opening you can grab fas passes for Space Mountain and 'stash' them for later and walk on the ride without using your fast passes. The Space Mountain fast passes will mature under the 2 hour limit sometimes as fast as 30 minutes and you can grab fast passes for either autopia or Buzz Lightyear then when they mature or two hours later you can get fast passes for one of the bigger attractions like Big Thunder or Indiana Jones or Splash Mountain.

As for eating, you mentioned you have two character breakfasts, my plan here would be enjoy a granola bar or something on the go before the MM, go ride as many attractions as you can, gather as many fast passes as you can...then get food. Most of the food locations do not open until later in the day but RiverBelle terrace serves up a good Mickey pancake and Carnation cafe works for a yummy sit down they bring it to you breakfast.

A short lesson on fast passes. You can hold fast passes for as many attractions as your window allows. The rule is that you can get a second fast pass after the first one matures ...meaning if the fast pass says return time is 9:15am then anytime after 9:15 you can get the next fast pass for a different attraction, OR two hours...let's say you went to Indiana Jones and got your first fast pass at 9am but the return time was 12:00...at 11:00 am (two hours after the pass was issued) you can go to a different attraction and get fast passes.

This next bit is unofficial but so far has been consistant...you do not HAVE to return in the window but the CM's will honor your fast pass all day long after the mature time...but you do have to use it the day of, they won't accept it the next day.

mechurchlady
08-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Also the MM allows you to be near Pixie Hollow, Princess Faire, Toontown, and the entrances to Adventureland and Frontierland. You can at times beat the crowd that is running to Indiana Jones. I was there at 7:45 am on an 8 am park opening and there was nobody in line at Buzz Lightyear.

MammaSilva
08-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Don't waste your time with standing around at Toontown unless you have a voucher for the Toontown madness. That land traditionally doesn't open for another hour after regular park opening time.

Dana Scarborough
08-16-2009, 09:20 PM
I am a little overwhelmed and confused, but it is all coming together.
I am so grateful for the help and advice so please don't stop if you think of ANYTHING else......deals, coupons, freebies or inside scoop!
Once again, thank you so much.