PDA

View Full Version : HalloweenTime '09 rumors...

Another Dimension
07-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Word spreading is... about a Halloween fireworks show and a Halloween-layover for Space Mountain like HKDL has promoted before... for HalloweenTime 2009 at Disneyland.

Other fan sites have confirmed these rumors...
:)

Any thoughts?

dznyphreak
07-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I got the impression from the (albeit dark) YouTube videos of HKDL's Space Mountain overlay that this is going to be more along the lines of Knott's Scary Farm than the friendlier Disney fare of the past. Looks and sounds pretty scary. It'll be interesting to see if they theme it to be a more older-kid/adult targeted attraction or if they tone it down to fit within the lighter atmosphere of HalloweenTime as a whole.

I'm all for new/limited-time-only things. :)

AVP
07-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Disney is having a media event this week to unveil the new Blue Sky Cellar, and I imagine we'll get official word about these items then.

AVP

Andrew
07-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Other fan sites have confirmed these rumors...

Disney is having a media event this week to unveil the new Blue Sky Cellar, and I imagine we'll get official word about these items then.

And until then, use of the word "confirmed" is premature to say the least. "Corroborated", perhaps.

Donald Duck Fan68
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Our family is arriving September 25th for what I thought would be the mild offseason. However, with the potential new Halloween stuff (Spooky Space and Halloween Fireworks), it could make for a crowded weekend. (Since we'll be there Mon, Tues, and part of Wed, I'm not as concerned.)

Since we've never been during the Halloween period, to see the park decked out and get some bonus themed attractions/shows is just fine with me.

dznyphreak
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Our family is arriving September 25th for what I thought would be the mild offseason. However, with the potential new Halloween stuff (Spooky Space and Halloween Fireworks), it could make for a crowded weekend. (Since we'll be there Mon, Tues, and part of Wed, I'm not as concerned.)

Since we've never been during the Halloween period, to see the park decked out and get some bonus themed attractions/shows is just fine with me.

:D I seriously hope that's what they call it. Hahaha

Leofoenget
07-12-2009, 11:13 PM

Friday Sat and Sun will be busy earlier in the week will be nice. I've done it a few times

HobbitFeet
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM

Sept 25 is the beginning of Halloweentime (info has been on the disneyland site for probably 2 months?). We were there in '07 for the start of Halloweentime, and along with the normal Friday increase in crowds, there were also VERY long lines that day for Haunted Mansion Holiday. Which actually might be nice, if you don't need to be in that line, b/c it sucks people out of other lines. :)