PDA

View Full Version : We have a new name for DCA... Disney's California Adventure Park

Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
01-08-2003, 11:05 PM
While watching Celebrity Mole: Hawaii tonight, during the local commercials here in San Diego at the bottom of the hour, they aired a commercial for Aladdin... and at the end of the Commercial, they showed the DCA logo, but this time, it had the word "park" underneath Adventure... so are we to call it DCAP now:confused:

JeffG
01-08-2003, 11:06 PM
That has been the official name of the park and the official logo ever since it first opened. It isn't anything new.

-Jeff

Darkbeer
01-08-2003, 11:12 PM
I have NEVER seen the word "park" in any logo until tonight, this is a change in at least the logo.

MonorailMan
01-09-2003, 05:51 AM
Yes, this is the first time I've seen the "Park" part of the logo. :)

DisneyGuy03
01-09-2003, 09:18 AM
Ok, I just sug out a really old map, because you guys got me curious now.....From the map on April 19 - May 2, 2002 park does not appear in the logo.

On a more recent map from December 6-19. park doesn't appear on any of the logos, except one, and that one is on the DCA map it's self, but all of the Dinsyeland logos contain park on the map. Not sure why there's a descrepancy here.

Doodle Duck
01-09-2003, 10:27 AM
Skewes the themeing restriction a bit?

It's a Disney Adventure Park in California rather than a California Adventure.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Now they can open one in Idaho and have Disney's Idaho ADVENTURE PARK.

DisneyGuy03
01-09-2003, 10:32 AM
I don't think adding the word park does that really, I mean, as I said, there asr still many places that the word park doesn't appear and California is still the largest part of the logo.

cstephens
01-09-2003, 11:21 AM
They've been using "Disneyland Park" so using "Disney's California Adventure Park" makes sense. No biggie.

Sheila
01-09-2003, 11:37 AM
It's all about protecting the trademark and copyright.

I think cstephens can confirm for me, but about 3-4 years ago, they started adding "park" and/or "resort" to the word Disneyland in order to make it an adjective rather than a place (noun).

Once a place becomes part of normal usage, it loses its exclusivity, and thus the right to claim trademark on it. Sort of like "kleenex" and "scotch tape".

I know we've got some legal eagles out there....

Sheila

teri
01-09-2003, 11:50 AM
I heard someone got DCAPitated. ;)

Sheila
01-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by teri
I heard someone got DCAPitated. ;)

Official winner of the Worst Pun of the Day Award.

Ouch! :D

Sheila

teri
01-09-2003, 12:29 PM
:::takes a bow::::
Thank you. Thank you very much. I am honored. :D

innerSpaceman
01-09-2003, 03:19 PM
I like DCAP cause we can pronounce it as a word, instead of as a three letter acronym.

Just be careful not to get it confused with DCAF coffee or DCUP bra.

MonorailMan
01-09-2003, 03:23 PM
I patron came into the library today, and she had a bag that had the "Park" on it. I quickly walked over to her and asked her how old the bag was, she stated "About 2 weeks".

Ok, so I got a funny look, us Disney geeks need our information. :D

jrad32
01-09-2003, 03:26 PM
California Adventure should be renamed Crappy adventure. No rethemeing necessary. It would have been cool if they would have poured the money they put into that park into Disneyland. Maybe there'd be something to do in Tomorrowland.

DisneyGuy03
01-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Do we really have to go over this again?
Disneyland, when it first opened had far less to do than California Adventure did when it first opened and there is now more to do at California Adventure then when it opened. Give it time, it will get there, but a park can't be built overnight you know.

9oldmen
01-09-2003, 11:50 PM
I heard someone got DCAPitated.

Today's double feature: Catch Me if You Can, and Gangs of New York, starring Leo DCAPrio!

Doodle Duck
01-10-2003, 05:49 AM
"Just be careful not to get it confused with DCAF coffee or DCUP bra."

Did you know Mrs. LIPTON wore a T-Cup bra?

Darkbeer
01-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Why not rename the park, Disney's California Adventure Fair, heck many people say Paradise Pier looks like a county fair....

The only other thing they would have to do is make sure they only roast Decaf beans at the entrance:p

Or, they have already renamed Avalon Cove, Ariel's Grotto, they could expand the theme to the entire Paradise Pier area, plus have Jessica Rabbit take over the Condor Flats area, and use any other well endowed Disney Character...

Then rename the park, Disney's California Udder Park:D

teri
01-10-2003, 11:23 AM
DCAF... I kind of like that. Much less stimulating, but still has some value. :)

Don
01-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Disney's California Adventure Park

Disney's Adventure Park

Disney's Park

Disney's Parking

Disney's Parking Lot

Parking Lot

It's the circle of life.

lisap
01-10-2003, 04:09 PM
"A dozen orchids. Loose, looking like they don't care."

Holiday Inn! :D Love it.

Sorry. back on track now. Circle of Life, etc. etc.

;)

Don
01-10-2003, 04:13 PM
lisap, very good. I'd have bet a dollar nobody here would have picked up on that.

Here's one or two more-

"I'm working at the Inn tonight."

"Oh....waitress?"

"Uh, yesssss....."

and

"This table is reserved for the band!!"

"Friendly guy, isn't he?"

lisap
01-10-2003, 04:14 PM
:cool: You Rock, Don. I need to get that movie out tonight.

Don
01-10-2003, 04:18 PM
It just may be my all time favorite movie. Don is my real name, but I had considered using Jim Hardy.