PDA

View Full Version : Military Voucher Question

ssmatik
05-13-2009, 08:05 PM
My retired military father-in- law purchased 3 day hoppers for the four of us on the base here in Arizona. They are actually vouchers that need to be exchanged at the ticket window.
We will be going on 5/30.
I will also be at the park alone on 5/15 and figured that I would exchange the vouchers when I had time to kill rather than waiting in a line the first morning we are there later.
If I do this are the tickets still considered unused until we actually enter the park on the 30th? I don't want them to mark them for first use on the 15th since that would put me outside the 13 day window on the 30th.
Thanks

BarbD
05-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Is this the 3 days for the price of one deal? We just used them this past weekend and my husband had to be present to activate them. We also had to show ID (Not military drivers licence was ok) when we first used them and then again On MOnday they made us show the id again. he had to show Military id to activate them.

ssmatik
05-13-2009, 08:28 PM
These were $100 3 day hoppers that expire on 6/12. The lady at the base assured him that he did not need to present Military ID unless he was using the free pass that they gave him. He is not making the trip. My wife actually had him call again to verify that he did not need to be there at the park. My sister-in-law used them in January and had no problem.

__________________________________________________ _________
If you used the vouchers, did they just give you tickets that were not activated until you entered the park? If so I can at least try to exchange them this Friday and have him take it up with the base if there is a problem.

mrsdisney68
05-14-2009, 03:17 AM
I also will be using these vouchers June 10-12. I do know that they have to be activated by the 12th so I am assuming one day needs to be used before the 12th then you have 13 days left in which to use them. That is what is says on mine. I thought the military person had to be the one to exchange them as well I think that is what my DH was told (could be wrong). I am trying to find out if I can exchange them at the GC hotel where we will be staying instead of waiting in line at the booths???

BarbD
05-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Oh another thing they did was put our names on each ticket at the ticket booth. The lady asked me to write it on a piece of paper and it was printed on the back in type writing.

mrsdisney68
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
I called the GC where we are staying and asked if we can exchange the vouchers there and they said no. Only at the regular tickets booths.

DizneyMommy
05-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Once you buy the vouchers on base, anyone can exchange them at the ticket booth. We have done this in the past many times when we had out of town family to bring to the parks and have never once been asked for military ID. You only have to have your ID to buy them on base, once you get to Disneyland they don't care who uses them because they are already paid for.

mrsdisney68
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't think that holds true with these vouchers, it states right on them the miltary member or the spouse with their own id needs to be present to exchange the tickets. It could be just this paticular promotion. ??

ssmatik
05-16-2009, 04:36 PM
OK I now have my answer. You do not need military id to exchange the purchased vouchers.Daughter took the vouchers to the window and handed them to the lady. She asked who bought them for us. She told her and the lady then asked for the names of the users and typed them on the tickets. That was it. All the vouchers say you need military id but I think that is generic and only applicable to the free ticket for the actual military member.

We did have a problem because we are not using the tickets until 5/28. The tickets had an expiration date of 5/28 printed on the back. She did tell the lady that we weren't using them until the 28th and she said that they are good for 13 days from when they are first scanned. That doesn't appear to be true. They are good from 13 days from when exchanged. We didn't notice that until we were over at CA so we went to guest relations and he quickly filled out a ticket exception form for us that will be on file at the main gate when we return on the 28th. They will then exchange the expired unused tickets for new 3 day ph's

MakingMemories
05-19-2009, 08:58 AM
We just got back from a wonderful DL trip and I just wanted to add one bit of info regarding the military voucher.

We bought our vouchers at our local base and they had the price we paid printed on the back of each one. When we exchanged them to "tickets" they somehow got changed into "complimentary" tickets, which I didn't notice at that time.

The next day, however, was my Daughter's birthday and we went to get her gift card at guest services...they took one look at her ticket and told us we didn't pay for it since it was "complimentary" and didn't qualify for the gift card. The lady was quite rude and I'm so proud of myself for remaining cool! :) Thank goodness I had my original receipt from MWR...so my daughter did end up getting her gift card!

So...it's a good idea to bring your receipt! And we got asked multiple times to show our military ID when entering the parks over the course of 3 days. I was happy to do it.

ssmatik
05-19-2009, 04:39 PM
And we got asked multiple times to show our military ID when entering the parks over the course of 3 days. I was happy to do it.

Did you get asked for Military ID when a complimentary ticket was presented or when the paid tickets were presented without the complimentary tickets around?

I suspect checking for military id must be triggered by the service member's free ticket. My tickets do not say complimentary or free on them. They also don't have a price.

MakingMemories
05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
I was asked for my military ID when I exchanged my vouchers (with the price I paid printed on them) and 2 seperate times when entering the parks (with my ticket that was printed "complimentary").

There were 5 of us with military tickets that had all been printed out "complimentary" and all the girls were asked for their military ID at least once...and my daughter 2X. They were all military dependants, so showing an ID was not an issue at all. All the kids were smart and kept their ID's in their lanyard for easy access. I was the only one that had to dig for mine. :p

mrsdisney68
05-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Since my DH is retired only he and I have id cards, my kids 10 and 12 do not, so I don't think that will be an issue. Hopefully:(

BarbD
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM
I never had to show military ID only my husband did when we cashed them in. I had to show Photo Id (My drivers licence) Twice over three days at the gate.

ssmatik
05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
It would be impossible and unrealistic to expect anyone but the military person with the complimentary ticket to have military id since this promotion is for family and friends. I suspect that MakingMemories situation was unique because of the mistake in printing everyone's tickets.

Gary94080
05-20-2009, 10:00 PM
as a civilian employee working for the military, we were allowed to buy tickets on base too. these were standard tickets at a discount. we got the actual tickets and didn't have to go to the ticket booth. the last time we did this was August 2008. it's been like that at least since 1979. the tickets are marked "x-Day Park Hopper Military" on the back with the purchase price. we were never asked for ID.

from what I'm reading in these posts it sounds like there are two other programs going on. one is a complimentary pass for military personnel and the other is a special 3-for-1-day price only for military family and friends. and these are vouchers that need to be exchanged at the ticket booth and need ID's. military dependents would have ID's but non-dependent family and friends would not so that could be a problem.

mrsdisney68
05-21-2009, 03:34 AM
I actually called Disney direct on this issue, and I was told the only id needed is the miltary member. That is the same thing my DH was told on base when he purchased the vouchers. I said my children do not have id cards and was told it is not a problem.:D

candles71
05-25-2009, 10:10 PM
as a civilian employee working for the military, we were allowed to buy tickets on base too.< the last time we did this was August 2008. it's been like that at least since 1979. the tickets are marked "x-Day Park Hopper Military" on the back with the purchase price. we were never asked for ID.

And my dad in the same situation, had to show ID all the time. Now I would say everyone having to show ID was probably because of the goof up in printing.